Pre-trib rapture, why no mention of all the deaths that will occur that day?

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With all the debates of a pre-trib, mid-trib, or post- tribulation rapture theory, one question has always been in my head and I have yet to hear Jack Vam Impe, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, or any other rapture theory address this.

As far as the end times goes, the bible is very detailed how all people will die when the different seals and plagues are unleashed. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture, why doesn't the bible describe the massive death toll of the people that will die that day, when out the blue, people driving cars at full speed disappear, pilots in planes disappear, train conductors disappear. Those situations alone of driverless cars , planes and trains crashing, alone will cause countless deaths, yet there is no mention about the many that will perish on that day if there is a pre-trib rapture, but the bible goes into detail about all the deaths during the tribulation.

Is something missing in scriptures, or is there really going to be a pre-trib rapture?

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
With all the debates of a pre-trib, mid-trib, or post- tribulation rapture theory, one question has always been in my head and I have yet to hear Jack Vam Impe, Hal Lindsey, John Hagee, or any other rapture theory address this.

As far as the end times goes, the bible is very detailed how all people will die when the different seals and plagues are unleashed. If there is a pre-tribulation rapture, why doesn't the bible describe the massive death toll of the people that will die that day, when out the blue, people driving cars at full speed disappear, pilots in planes disappear, train conductors disappear. Those situations alone of driverless cars , planes and trains crashing, alone will cause countless deaths, yet there is no mention about the many that will perish on that day if there is a pre-trib rapture, but the bible goes into detail about all the deaths during the tribulation.

Is something missing in scriptures, or is there really going to be a pre-trib rapture?
the reason it is not mentioned is because pre trib is a fantasy
those folks u mentioned just wanna sell books,
mostly about that time, when they THINK they wont be here...lol.

Upvote 0

Bill Shadowcat

Lost in Paradise
Apr 13, 2013
Watered Gardens Homeless Shelter 531 S. Kentucky A
✟7,991.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well...personally, I think that if there is going to be such a thing as a rapture (and I'm not sure), it will be pre-trib. The lack of deaths could be due to Angelic intervention or something similar, or, where the most people are raptured, it could be nighttime when it occurs. Very good question, by the way! I had never thought about that before. lol

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

I will give you a shortened response that I JUST gave you on another site.
There will NOT be a Pre-Trib Rapture. It is a false doctrine.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Because if indeed a pretrib rapture takes place it will not cause planes to crash ect ect like the modern thought says

If anything it will be a well design plan

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well...personally, I think that if there is going to be such a thing as a rapture (and I'm not sure), it will be pre-trib.
nope. guaranteed post trib

The lack of deaths could be due to Angelic intervention or something similar, or, where the most people are raptured, it could be nighttime when it occurs. Very good question, by the way! I had never thought about that before. lol
night time does not work,
as it will be day time on the other side of the world.

I don't think u can fairly say where most that will be raptured, live,
as that is completely unknowable

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because if indeed a pretrib rapture takes place it will not cause planes to crash ect ect like the modern thought says

If anything it will be a well design plan

I'm not sure I understand your position on this. Can you elaborate?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure I understand your position on this. Can you elaborate?

Well I believe the way the rapture will take place goes like this

First the dead in Christ rise and will walk among us and testify for 50 days to convince the time has come...then on a specific day (Pentecost) Jesus appears in the air to gather all willing to go to heaven...many will believe and go ...yet many will reject and choose to stay behind ...don't ask me why

Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

There is nothing in scripture which directly relates the Lord's pre-tribuation "harpazp" action to call His ecclesia with any deaths that will occur as a result of it

.... but there most likely will be in certain cases

But only those who will enter the tribulation anyway .... any of these will not be made immortal because they will be none of His

His coming hour of trial and judgment will be for two distinct purposes .... to pressure a returned remnant of Israel for turning to Him as their Messiah and king, and to bring judgment upon a world of unbelief

There will be not one believer on the earth at the starting of His coming period of unprecedented wrath

There will be billions of humans killed during His hour of trial [a large percentage of the earth's current population of 7 billion inhabitants] .... this fact can be discovered in Revelation's unfolding

And I would suggest to you that the "dead in Christ" will be the larger number of His completed ecclesia .... there is not much of biblical Christianity left upon the earth today .... the professing church is laced with apostasy of many sects .... I would say the majority of which is in an unsaved condition

So this condition will limit the number of believers living at the time and therefore not that noted at the moment of His "harpazo" action

The problem with the rapture ready crowd listed above [and there are many others] is that even thought they are right with regard the Lord's early calling .... there are number of other aspects of their teachings and behavior that has done great damage to the Lord's truth on the matter

They make merchandise of those who follow them, they fall short of giving comprehensive explanations related to their teaching, and even disagree among themselves on other significant issues related to Bible prophecy

This displays incongruity among them and it makes a mockery of the Lord's Word in front of unbelievers who question the disparities

These same preachers have also been guilty of making false predictions and using "cry wolf" techniques in order to attract attention to themselves and to gain a following

They all know full well know that the Lord is against this kind of behavior [He has not revealed any dating for His next intervention] .... and yet they ignore this truth

There is only one right way for understanding the Lord's Word and not a plethora of contradictions and self serving ambitions .... and it is possible to discover the right way .... but only with pure motive and dedication to the task

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

Time Watcher

"First the dead in Christ rise and will walk among us and testify for 50 days to convince the time has come...then on a specific day (Pentecost) Jesus appears in the air to gather all willing to go to heaven...many will believe and go ...yet many will reject and choose to stay behind ...don't ask me why"

I would have to ask why you think these things .... the 50 days? .... and some who will want to be left out?

This is a new thing for me ..... do you have scripture, or is it just your idea?

That is OK .... but I would have to necessarily disagree

The dead in Christ are definitely "caught up" together at the same moment .... no time for the 50 day walk

And those of the professing "church" not saved will be rejected outright by the Lord [Matthew 25:1-13; Revelation 3:15-22]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"First the dead in Christ rise and will walk among us and testify for 50 days to convince the time has come...then on a specific day (Pentecost) Jesus appears in the air to gather all willing to go to heaven...many will believe and go ...yet many will reject and choose to stay behind ...don't ask me why"

I would have to ask why you think these things .... the 50 days? .... and some who will want to be left out?

This is a new thing for me ..... do you have scripture, or is it just your idea?

That is OK .... but I would have to necessarily disagree

The dead in Christ are definitely "caught up" together at the same moment .... no time for the 50 day walk

And those of the professing "church" not saved will be rejected outright by the Lord [Matthew 25:1-13; Revelation 3:15-22]

Do you think I'm not saved because I have different ideas ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily

Just curious about your view

Well I believe the christian dead rising will take place on the day of first fruits a Jewish feast... They will walk the earth and testify to the Christians and on the day of Pentecost The Lord changed the saved Christians and together with the risen dead in Christ we rise up together

I believe this because the Jewish feast are harvest days and as the Jews count down the omer we will count down to the rapture

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But would this not contradict 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

That's true it does seem to say that Jesus comes and at the same time the dead rise and christian change that this happens within one day... I'll give you that

]I am aware of the feasts, etc., however I never use them to interpret prophecy

Yet prophecy was fulfilled during some feast

Do you happen to be an ethnic Israelite?

No not at all

Or does you particular church teach your view?

No just my views and ideas

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Time Watcher

None

I have never had a formal organizational affiliation and was not raised in a "Christian" home

.... but a virulent agnostic turned directly to Jesus Christ

I was challenged by a Christian friend long ago and then set out to disprove the Bible's authenticity .... just the opposite came about as a result

I am a graduate of the DTS .... I am also a business CFO and I serve as an independent prophecy teacher with affiliation to a few other independents who are teachers of the Lord's prophetic word.... I also have extensive experience with persuading people out of "christian" cults

My detachment from formal denominational membership serves to improve my witness to those who look upon professing Christianity as a folly and of no real substance .... easier for me to relate to those who are lost

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
None

I have never had a formal organizational affiliation and was not raised in a "Christian" home

.... but a virulent agnostic turned directly to Jesus Christ

I was challenged by a Christian friend long ago and then set out to disprove the Bible's authenticity .... just the opposite came about as a result

I am a graduate of the DTS .... I am also a business CFO and I serve as an independent prophecy teacher with affiliation to a few other independents who are teachers of the Lord's prophetic word.... I also have extensive experience with persuading people out of "christian" cults

My detachment from formal denominational membership serves to improve my witness to those who look upon professing Christianity as a folly and of no real substance .... easier for me to those who are lost

Good for you I'm glad your here

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Saan,

Well, since you bring up the Revelation, then let's look at what the Revelation of Jesus, that was given unto his servant John, actually says.

The day of the taking of the born again believers from this earth is given in chapter 14, as we divide the book. It comes just before God's angels release the bowls of God's wrath upon those remaining. The great tribulation spoken of in the Scriptures is the tribulation of the saints and it won't be coming from the hands of our Father. The tribulation is the persecution and suffering that the saints of God will receive from the hands of the godless and the Antichrist, beast and false prophet.

If you're interested in reading a fairly thorough review of this position, I would recommend a rather lengthy book called 'The Sign'. It is written by a man by the name of Van Kampen who didn't come to be born again until very late in his life. Therefore, there are many who hold his days of sin against him as to whether or not his account is believable, but, it is well worth reading for a student who has desires to do some extrabiblical study of the last days and how the time of the Lord's receiving all those who are born again to himself, may well play out chronologically.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟13,428.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
If the latter is chosen, then one understands, or should: The Antichrist "1" Parousia, IIThess.2:9; the Lord's "1" Parousia at the last day, ie the 'narrow sense.' You don't want to know regarding the 'wide sense.'

Not going to bore you pre-millers, however cannot say I didn't give you a head's up in case not fallacious.

Just ol' old Amil Jack

Upvote 0