Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am praying that God does not give me a gf. I feel I not mature enough for a girl friend.
Well, I think your maturer than you think considering that you have questioned your maturity in a potential relationship. LOL.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Simple, just don't date anybody. You don't need to pray for God's intervention with that.

Yep, it worked out for me!

I used to have a co-worker who's attracted to me but I never dated her. She cried when I got re-assigned. Eventually, she got married to someone else.

We could have been great for each other as we became good friends having many things in common. Today, sometimes I think it was really stupid I didn't even took her out for a date.

It's simple just don't show any interest to any woman.....but never let it blind you from an opportunity when it presents itself for you might regret it later on! :(

Upvote 0

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep, it worked out for me!

I used to have a co-worker who's attracted to me but I never dated her. She cried when I got re-assigned. Eventually, she got married to someone else.

We could have been great for each other as we became good friends having many things in common. Today, sometimes I think it was really stupid I didn't even took her out for a date.

It's simple just don't show any interest to any woman.....but never let it blind you from an opportunity when it presents itself for you might regret it later on! :(
Maybe she was crying tears of joy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galatea

Oct 18, 2016
Alabama
✟70,081.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish! Apart from the fact she married someone who looks a bit like me!

But I think it was for the best and she's doing quite well now!
It's good to know your rejection did not ruin her life. It must be such a burden to be a man.

• Haha
Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am praying that God does not give me a gf. I feel I not mature enough for a girl friend.

But never having a gf, how then do you mature?

It's a natural thing, son, and a blessing... Don't be throwing it away.
Just be sure to color inside the lines and everything will be fine.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟188,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like all other things in life, relationships require some work and effort. Very rarely does a perfect person just get dropped in your lap. Even when you are praying for a spouse, you still have to put out some effort to meet other singles or attend groups or functions to meet new people. The idea that God just gives you someone and you do nothing at all to meet others and take no practical steps in faith is misguided. It's even less of a possibility if you don't desire a relationship. I chuckled when I saw this thread title. It seemed like the OP was expressing the opposite sentiment of what he really feels ;)

I'm going to create a thread : "God, Please don't make me a millionaire "

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's good to know your rejection did not ruin her life. It must be such a burden to be a man.

She's doing a lot better than me now. She's living the dream!

Burden to be a man? Lol no!

We men suffer from a lot more rejection from women! :) Most of my attempts end up in rejection and I had quite few!

For now, I'm out of the dating scene. I'm setting up a business so that later when I'm financially stable, I'll find confidence in having relationships again.

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Like all other things in life, relationships require some work and effort. Very rarely does a perfect person just get dropped in your lap. Even when you are praying for a spouse, you still have to put out some effort to meet other singles or attend groups or functions to meet new people. The idea that God just gives you someone and you do nothing at all to meet others and take no practical steps in faith is misguided. It's even less of a possibility if you don't desire a relationship. I chuckled when I saw this thread title. It seemed like the OP was expressing the opposite sentiment of what he really feels ;)

I'm going to create a thread : "God, Please don't make me a millionaire "
Very good advice!

I'll admit that this is where I struggle. I think I let my anxiety get the best of me and so I have a hard time with actually going out and meeting people, not to mention living in a small town also makes it hard. I need a lot of prayer for this area of my life. I do hope that God will help me to move forward to where He wants me to be.

Reactions: Galatea
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
This could be potentially very scary. What if He gives you a girlfriend like Job's wife?
LOL.

Yes, well, I believe the diligent poster of the OP is smart enough to ask the Lord for a "Mary," "Ruth" or "Martha," are you not, Historyingognito? HAHA.

Upvote 0