Praying only for knowledge of His will for us

jerry ralph

Oct 14, 2004
mountain grove missouri
Visit site
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
“Nothing lies beyond the reach of prayer except that which lies outside the will of God.”

Mrs. Charles Cowman………Streams in the Desert

“This is the confidence which we have before Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him,”

1 JOHN 5:14-15 NASB

Want your prayers answered? Then ask according to God’s will. You might ask what is or is not God’s will. Many who seek God, and seek God’s will in their life have asked this question I’m sure. I have had people come up to me and tell me what they thought God’s will was for me. I have also found this not to settle too well with me in times past. Today I have a guide to go by when others tell me of God’s will for my life, I use the Bible and what the Bible has to say about the situation. When people try and give us good orderly direction, we should always see if it lines up with the Word of God. We should let the Word of God speak to us to see if we get the same advice and direction to head. Don’t take my word for this, check it out with God’s Word. I have found the best source for finding God’s will for my life is the Bible. Some of God’s will for my life I might find to be difficult to follow, but I don’t just set it aside to be forgotten. I know that God is patient with me and gives me new mercies each morning, so I remember the difficult parts of God’s will and keep them to mind. With continued instruction, trial and error, and the love of God flowing from His heart to mine, I am able to learn and apply God’s will to my life. As far as prayer and meditation, and God’s will for us go, I think that Alcoholics Anonymous has one of the best teachings outside of the Word of God on the will of God and prayer. Share this with me:

AA Step Eleven……”Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of his will for us and the power to carry that out.”

“Praying only for knowledge of His will for us.” That sums up prayer. The apostle John said that if it’s in His will for us, He hears. John did not say that if it is not in His will, that He does not hear. God probably hears all prayers, but when it comes to His will and what God desires for us I know that God hears, and listens and answers. Thanks for letting me share this day with you. God continues to do for me what I could not do for myself……………..JRE

“Often God seems to place His children in position of profound difficulty, leading them into a wedge from which there is no escape; contriving a situation which no human judgment would have permitted, had it been previously consulted…..The issue will more than justify Him who has brought you hither. It is a platform for the display of His almighty grace and power. He will give you a lesson that you will never forget, and to which, in many a psalm and song, in after days, you will revert. You will never be able to thank God enough for having done just as He has.”

Mrs. Charles E. Cowman…….Streams in the Desert