Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Today after a fantastic time over here , I start my return to the UK via Ireland.

I'm flying at 9pm out of JFK and will be making my own way there - should be easy but....

I'm being put on the train here and will then walk from Grand Central to take the Airtrain service out to JFK - slightly scary for me with limited walking ability and luggage.

I've had a fantastic time - learned a lot and also had great fun . There are some lovely memories going back with me as well as a stack of photos. I've met some wonderful folk , renewed some old friendships and experienced some HEAT !!

I'll arrive in Ireland tomorrow morning [ their time] and will have almost a week there before flying home.

My thanks to InnerPhyre and his wife - photos will go to them once my technology has been sorted out [ dunno what little demon has been at work - but my email has been very strange - can be used on one machine and not on another :( I had to resort to using Webmail which I hate !! ]

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Now sitting in JFK - on the free WiFi :)

Thanks all of you for the prayers - I believe there's a storm brewing so hopefully we will be clear of it - I'm expecting to board in about 1 hour , then will try and get some sleep before we arrive in Dublin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Now sitting in JFK - on the free WiFi :)

Thanks all of you for the prayers - I believe there's a storm brewing so hopefully we will be clear of it - I'm expecting to board in about 1 hour , then will try and get some sleep before we arrive in Dublin

I can never sleep on a plane, the seats are too tight. Well...unless you fly first class.;)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Now in Dublin - computer clock not yet corrected - it's 6.15pm and I've had about 5 hours sleep today since arriving at my very friendly and welcoming hotel .

Now feeling a bit more human - an hour's sleep on a 6+ hour overnight is not enough for me. :p

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I might, emphasis on "might" be able to sleep 45 minutes if you dope me up with Benadryl and torture me with enough hours of not sleeping, but normally I can't sleep a wink. I'm 6'5" and too big for those smurf-like seats. The recycled air is killer, the baby noises, the fact the seats BARELY go back, the food is horrendous, and it's just so COLD on those things! When I fly, it's only international to go to the Philippines to see my wife's family. It's 17 hours over, about 13 back. Bruuuuutal.

I can never sleep on a plane, the seats are too tight. Well...unless you fly first class.;)

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I might, emphasis on "might" be able to sleep 45 minutes if you dope me up with Benadryl and torture me with enough hours of not sleeping, but normally I can't sleep a wink. I'm 6'5" and too big for those smurf-like seats. The recycled air is killer, the baby noises, the fact the seats BARELY go back, the food is horrendous, and it's just so COLD on those things! When I fly, it's only international to go to the Philippines to see my wife's family. It's 17 hours over, about 13 back. Bruuuuutal.

Upvote 0

Adam Warlock

Feb 7, 2011
✟14,279.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
You have to go first class. The chance to control the hot fudge distribution is worth the extra $$$.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last time we went to the Philippines, first class tickets for just ONE person cost around $7,500 PER PERSON. I have a wife and three kids. That fudge ain't worth it, bruthuh! :p

You have to go first class. The chance to control the hot fudge distribution is worth the extra $$$.

Upvote 0