• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayers for Those Who Mourn

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for Those Who Mourn- Beliefnet.com

Bless those who mourn, eternal God, with the comfort of your love that they may face each new day with hope and the certainty that nothing can destroy the good that has been given. May their memories become joyful, their days enriched with friendship, and their lives encircled by your love. Amen.

--c 1991 Vienna Cobb Anderson

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.
Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,
Shining and lovely again.
God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.
As the blown grass lifts, let me rise
From sorrow with quiet eyes,
Knowing Thy way is wise.
God, make me brave, life brings
Such blinding things.
Help me to keep my sight;
Help me to see aright
That out of dark comes light.

--Author unknown

Almighty God, Father of all mercies and giver of all comfort: Deal graciously, we pray thee, with those who mourn, that casting every care on thee, they may know the consolation of thy love, through Jesus Christ our Lord.

--The Book of Common Prayer 1979

I lift up my eyes to the hills--from where will my help come?
My help comes from the Lord.

--Psalm 121

Blessed be the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort others.

--2 Corinthians 1

power2theweak

Senior Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
✟12,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
GriefShare: Grief Recovery Support Groups

Lord God, teach me to embrace my grief and not fight it, so that I may experience the true healing that comes from You. Amen.

Father, thank You that my way of grieving is distinctly my own, reflective of all You have sovereignly created me to be and experience. Amen.

Sovereign God, I choose hope. I choose faith. I choose life. Give me an unshakable faith in You. Amen.

Heavenly God, I cannot even begin to put my grief in a time frame. Thank you that I don't have to. Comfort me and support me as I lean on You. Amen.

Lord, I come to You. My heart is worn out, and I need You. Take my heavy burden today. Amen.

Upvote 0

Broken Hearted

Who Cares
Sep 8, 2010
✟9,430.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Amen ((((Power))))

Psalm 147:3-5 3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. 4 He counts the number of stars; He calls them all by name. 5 Great is our Lord, and almighty in power; Hes understanding is infinite.

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart. And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

These are some of the verses that help me to know that he does heal the broken hearts for which we are when we lost our love ones and the others are for strength He gives us and helps us.

FootPrints in the sand Poem

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

This is a beautiful poem that shows that God will carry us through our sufferings and trials.

God is great and most Loving God. He will bless those who mourn and will carry us through our pains and give us strength to do so.

God thank you for this day and the many blessings that you give us. Through our times of grief and sorrow give us the comfort and strength that we need. Show us the Love that we so desperately need through this time. Give us the strength to mourn through this and heal us as the time passes. God this is going to be along journey for many of us and through it when we are weary and all worn out carry us through it. Heal our Broken Hearts for which we have because our love for the ones we lost was so great. God I give you the thanks that you deserve for the time I got to share with my love ones. And thanks for the love that you gave us to share with them. God thank you for your Love and Promises you have given us. Thank you for your promise to never leave us or forsake us. AMEN

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2011
✟15,152.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Here's a grief prayer I like. Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.Where there is hatred, let me sow love.Where there is injury, pardon.Where there is doubt, faith.Where there is despair, hope.Where there is darkness, light.Where there is sadness, joy.O Divine Master,grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;to be understood, as to understand;to be loved, as to love.For it is in giving that we receive.It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.Amen.

Upvote 0
B

Bridgit

GriefShare: Grief Recovery Support Groups

Lord God, teach me to embrace my grief and not fight it, so that I may experience the true healing that comes from You. Amen.

Father, thank You that my way of grieving is distinctly my own, reflective of all You have sovereignly created me to be and experience. Amen.

Sovereign God, I choose hope. I choose faith. I choose life. Give me an unshakable faith in You. Amen.

Heavenly God, I cannot even begin to put my grief in a time frame. Thank you that I don't have to. Comfort me and support me as I lean on You. Amen.

Lord, I come to You. My heart is worn out, and I need You. Take my heavy burden today. Amen.

I am attending a GriefShare group. It is very good. They also have a web site and a devotional book (or online) that is very helpful. Of course it is always better to be able to express our grief aloud as its burden needs to be shared instead of kept in us. I encourage all of you who are experiencing grief over the loss of a loved one to attend a GriefShare group. Check their website to find one near you.

Upvote 0