Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the prayers, everyone...but the day shift position got filled, and there are none going to be open in the foreseeable future.

I took the kids with me clear to Fresno to church by ourselves AGAIN today. It's tough taking 3 children to church and being alone a lot, but God is good.

Just not in the cards right now. Thanks for trying, everybody.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
The only possible response is

" One of these days ..... "

Continue hang in in there - quite how you cope with 3 kids at Church I really don't know - I have problems coping with our Deacon's little boy ! It's terribly distracting for me - so coping with three ?? Prayers for you all :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My children, quite frankly, are WONDERFUL! Luke, Veronica, and Caleb behave themselves spectacularly well at church. We got comments in the Catholic parish we attended for years, the Anglican one where we were for a bit, and now in our Orthodox parish. People come up all the time and remark how quiet, focused, and patient they are at church....

Even on those days where Father drags the liturgy on longer than it needs to be, then throws in 40 day prayers, THEN continues to read every single item from the bulletin, after a long mega-sermon, I'm there wanting to fall on my samurai sword, my kids are starting to look bored, but they NEVER complain, just behave.

I take little clip boards with me in my San Francisco Giants backpack. I bring a huge box of fancy crayons, colored pencils, Orthodox children's books, as well as MANY blank icon coloring pages for the kids to work on. They color for a while, draw religious pictures, and read Orthodox books. They do this for about 45 minutes, the rest they participate in.

It works.

Not easy though, but last Sunday Luke and Caleb were altar boys, so it was just Veronica and me. Easy!

I don't know what it has been in me, but lately the liturgy's length has made me ADD or something. I am finding myself wanting it to end and feeling impatient. Not sure why. I just ask God to forgive me those moments where I long for the days of the one-hour Catholic Mass that was only 2 miles from my home! Driving clear up to Fresno, getting up at 7:30, leaving at 8:30, not getting home until like 2:30 pm, honestly, it gets OLD! I have had some burnout lately. Praying about it.

The only possible response is

" One of these days ..... "

Continue hang in in there - quite how you cope with 3 kids at Church I really don't know - I have problems coping with our Deacon's little boy ! It's terribly distracting for me - so coping with three ?? Prayers for you all :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what it has been in me, but lately the liturgy's length has made me ADD or something. I am finding myself wanting it to end and feeling impatient. Not sure why.

that's usually your faith deepening. don't worry, it's a good thing.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know, Matt. I feel like I'm more impatient and antsy, not deeper! Plus I've been a bit more sinful and stupid lately than usual. Pray for me, man!

that's usually your faith deepening. don't worry, it's a good thing.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, Matt. I feel like I'm more impatient and antsy, not deeper! Plus I've been a bit more sinful and stupid lately than usual. Pray for me, man!

yes, that is the sign of spiritual growth. when your sins start rising to the surface more clearly than before. it is a good sign.

Lord have mercy on you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dylan Michael

Senior Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Central Florida
✟22,692.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the prayers, everyone...but the day shift position got filled, and there are none going to be open in the foreseeable future.

I took the kids with me clear to Fresno to church by ourselves AGAIN today. It's tough taking 3 children to church and being alone a lot, but God is good.

Just not in the cards right now. Thanks for trying, everybody.

I'm praying that something will open up.
I work nights too, so I know how frustrating and lonely it can be. (Although, I'm not a nurse, which is way harder than what I do)
It sucks not being able to see my friends an family.
:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sorry it didn't work out compadre. :(

Just out of curiosity, are there any other hospitals within a reasonable distance where she could put feelers out for a day shift while working the graveyard at her present job?

I've had nursing friends who worked at the hospital up the hill and applied for a better position at the hospital here in town while they were still there... Maybe that's something she can do too if that doesn't put any additional stress on the family?

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Darth Andrew!

Kate is working at the best hospital in the Valley. She's doing fine. Things will work out in time.

Btw, dude, you need to focus on our Giants more than our Niners right now! We were within ONE stinking game only to fall back to 3. Giants baseball EVERY season is TORTURE!

We need to start contingency plans in case the men in orange don't get it done. We need to pick our backup team to beat the Dodgers! LOL....

I hope we can get in on the wild card. That still looks promising. They need to dump Lincecum from the roster in post season...completely.

Regarding the Niners, I swear if that idiot Kaepernick pulls another stunt like last week, I'm going to go off my rocker!

Sorry it didn't work out compadre. :(

Just out of curiosity, are there any other hospitals within a reasonable distance where she could put feelers out for a day shift while working the graveyard at her present job?

I've had nursing friends who worked at the hospital up the hill and applied for a better position at the hospital here in town while they were still there... Maybe that's something she can do too if that doesn't put any additional stress on the family?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Darth Andrew!

Kate is working at the best hospital in the Valley. She's doing fine. Things will work out in time.

Btw, dude, you need to focus on our Giants more than our Niners right now! We were within ONE stinking game only to fall back to 3. Giants baseball EVERY season is TORTURE!

We need to start contingency plans in case the men in orange don't get it done. We need to pick our backup team to beat the Dodgers! LOL....

I hope we can get in on the wild card. That still looks promising. They need to dump Lincecum from the roster in post season...completely.

Regarding the Niners, I swear if that idiot Kaepernick pulls another stunt like last week, I'm going to go off my rocker!

Well, I thought we would be okay playing the Padres but now we're 0-2 in that series. Hudson is a good pitcher, even though he's older, but he's not getting the run support he needs. I think Sandoval is giving up - that botched throw to Belt last night was unforgivable... he had all day to set it up and he overthrows Belt who's 6'5 and leapt at least three feet up to grab it and the throw still shot into the stands. His bat has gone silent and he just looks completely resigned.

We need to retool our pitching rotation. I'm not sure if Cain has his stuff anymore but it's hard to tell because he's been injured. Lincecum I think is on a downward trend, Hudson doesn't have too many seasons left and who knows about Peavy. Petit and Bumgarner are by far our strongest starters but that's only two guys.

Most of our relievers are pretty weak too, and I'm getting pretty fed up with Romo - he's blown too many leads this season. It's good that Bochy moved him from the Closer to a Reliever, but it still hasn't solved any of our problems, it just means we have another inning or two to regain a lead that he probably lost us.

It was pretty sweet to see Wilson blow the Dodgers 6-1 lead against the Cubs of all teams.

As for the Niners... my dad had an interesting observation after the Chicago game last week. He said he thinks there's something serious going on behind the scenes with the Niners administration. I mean, we all know Harbaugh and Balke don't get along, but I think there's some other stuff that's spilling onto the field and distracting the team. I think Kaep is still our boy, I'm not even close to throwing him under the bus. He had a rough game, and if my dad's right then there's some stupid political bull that's distracting the team. Then of course there's the Ray McDonald situation.

A lot of garbage cluttering the franchise right now. I mean, the league as a whole is pretty distracted with all the different abuse scandals hitting the news, but I think the Niners are facing more crap internally than most other teams.

Upvote 0