Prayers for Kate please, my friends

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Kate is putting out resumes right and left. There is a lot of competition around here right now. She is putting in at clinics, hospitals, you name it. Our local hospital said online "you can no longer apply for job _______ as you have already submitted 4 applications, our limit." LOL...so Kate's going there in person! ^_^

We need employment! :crosseo:

Thanks for prayers, friends. We're just about maxed out and it's no picnic to find a job in this field...

Praying for ya...

Proverbs 22:29
[ Saying 6 ] Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, G. It's amazing how flooded the market is here...

Gxg (G²);62323936 said:
Praying for ya...

Proverbs 22:29
[ Saying 6 ] Do you see someone skilled in their work? They will serve before kings; they will not serve before officials of low rank.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, G. It's amazing how flooded the market is here...
Know the feeling. My father sought to apply for work and found that same reality - in addition to age making a difference (which is bizzare to me since it seems that older adults can be passed over for younger ones - and a lot of times, if older, it's suspected you're intelligent enough/experienced enough to not let things slide past ya or have others treat you less than what you deserve).

It's a wild market indeed.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, it's not a palace, but we like it. There are definitely days we get SICK of going up and down stairs, but I love my house. I really love my backyard. I've planted so many fruit trees through the years, I'd never want to leave 'em!^_^

One of the real blessings of living in Central California is that we're the main area of the United States where all the hardcore agricultural output is. Most of the best stone fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, etc.) come from here and the new inventions of the past twenty years like the PLUOT, come from these here parts...
Wishing we had access to that. Tried to grow mango trees where we were at - but we were not able to.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kate went to a job interview yesterday. It was an interview at a local convalescent hospital. It was a supervisory nursing RN job. She didn't think she'd have a chance at such a job being a newbie and all, but the staff really liked her interview! They also said that they hire new nurses and train them over a period of months basically doing LVN-type work and getting down and dirty so the RN knows what the LVN's and CNA's do. She'd have to work in the trenches to be able to have a grasp over it all.

Now that's IF she were to be hired.

Kate felt she interviewed well. They really were impressed with her many letters of recommendation plus the quality of them. They liked Kate's past work experience and leadership in her teaching and managing a computer shop days. Who knows...

She was really hopeful that she'd get the job.

Anyway, I'd sure appreciate prayers, friends. I just pray God's will be done and she finds the place that THE LORD wants her to be in....His will be done..

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kate went to a job interview yesterday. It was an interview at a local convalescent hospital. It was a supervisory nursing RN job. She didn't think she'd have a chance at such a job being a newbie and all, but the staff really liked her interview! They also said that they hire new nurses and train them over a period of months basically doing LVN-type work and getting down and dirty so the RN knows what the LVN's and CNA's do. She'd have to work in the trenches to be able to have a grasp over it all.

Kate felt she interviewed well. They really were impressed with her many letters of recommendation plus the quality of them. They liked Kate's past work experience and leadership in her teaching and managing a computer shop days. Who knows...

Anyway, I'd sure appreciate prayers, friends. I just pray God's will be done and she finds the place that THE LORD wants her to be in....His will be done..

That sounds great, Joseph.

I will pray that she will get this job.
Probably the other candidates did not want to do demeaning jobs to prove their worth.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

On it bro, I hope it comes through! Keep us posted!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Lord, have mercy. :crosseo:

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was saddened this week to hear how little people care about the elderly. Kate has wanted to be in acute care, aka a hospital. She likes the operating room and ICU, etc. But she was more than willing to take on the possible job of a convalescent hospital.

When I have told people at work about her interview, they get excited and say, "wow! great!"

When they ask, "where? at Kaweah Delta? (the local big hospital)"
I answer, "no, at a convalescent hospital."

They respond universally, "ohh....hmmmm. well, guess you have to start somewhere...huhmmmm"

They act as if she's going off to something so pathetic and worthless. It bothers me that this country has such little regard for not only the innocents in the womb, but the others among us who often are defenseless and need our help and strength---the elderly.

Kate saw SO MUCH evidence of elder abuse during the nursing program. She saw elderly men in their 80's and such who had horrific bruises from beatings, cuts that needed stitches, fractures, welts, and I'm sad to say---burns. They were often burned, tied up, beaten, you name it. This country has lost its way....

What happened to filial piety? jeez..

I'm proud of Kate being willing to work where she's applying. If it's not the Lord's will, then fine. But I am proud of her openness to it and not pinching her nose to these folks as if they're somehow....less than human. :crosseo:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was saddened this week to hear how little people care about the elderly. Kate has wanted to be in acute care, aka a hospital. She likes the operating room and ICU, etc. But she was more than willing to take on the possible job of a convalescent hospital.

When I have told people at work about her interview, they get excited and say, "wow! great!"

They respond universally, "ohh....hmmmm. well, guess you have to start somewhere...huhmmmm"

They act as if she's going off to something so pathetic and worthless. It bothers me that this country has such little regard for not only the innocents in the womb, but the others among us who often are defenseless and need our help and strength---the elderly.

Kate saw SO MUCH evidence of elder abuse during the nursing program. She saw elderly men in their 80's and such who had horrific bruises from beatings, cuts that needed stitches, fractures, welts, and I'm sad to say---burns. They were often burned, tied up, beaten, you name it. This country has lost its way....

I'm proud of Kate being willing to work where she's applying. If it's not the Lord's will, then fine. But I am proud of her openness to it and not pinching her nose to these folks as if they're somehow....less than human. :crosseo:

That's great that Kate seems to be coming from a genuine desire to serve the elderly, I think you're right that the prevailing attitude towards the elderly has become very unfavorable to put it lightly. I think when people think of convalescent homes they think of "lost causes" like they're bone yards where the "weaker" elderly go to pass away. It's disturbing and sad, but I think it's also true.

There's a lot of incredibly interesting elderly folk out there, and many of them have more pluck than your average twenty-something!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,094.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hope this works out Gurney - Nursing doesn't stop after the acute stage is over.

I'm so grateful for all the caring nurses [ real caring folk - not just those doing their job ] that looked after my husband when I couldn't .

Prayers continue

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes, it's a real problem in this country. The weak and vulnerable are treated like garbage by some folks. A lack of respect for life in either of those cases and overall. We should take notes from the Asian culture on this one. They have respect and honor for their elderly. They celebrate their lives when they are old, and they take care of their family members well, as far as what I've heard.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

She's actually in a good position. Being involved in that field - gerontology - it is the case that the Baby Boomer generation is the largest group of elderly rising...and there is going to be more of a need to focus on the elderly than ever. And there are many that're thankfully in the field showing what it means to honor our elders and realize that what we do to previous generations will impact the future of the next one. It's a differing mindset with the elderly that's seen in Eastern culture - be it Asians or Arabs ...or even in the West Indian culture (i.e. Jamaica, Barbados, etc) and Hispanic culture. But in the U.S, the focus is so much on strength physically that having to deal with others who lack it is not something many want to deal with. Frailty terrifies some..

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She interviewed then they didn't call for days. She got curious and called them. They said they were doing background checks and remember her. They said they were going to check the status of her application and call back in NO MORE THAN TWO HOURS....they didn't call back at all.

She put in apps at several hospitals....several got rejected, several yielded no calls, nothing.

Kate's pretty bummed about this situation. It's so competitive. She applied for one hospital job and found out that 110 other nurses applied just for that one measly job!

It's nuts....

Hey, Scott. Have you all heard anything on Kate's interview results? Has she gotten the job? Has she interviewed other places? How's it going?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
She interviewed then they didn't call for days. She got curious and called them. They said they were doing background checks and remember her. They said they were going to check the status of her application and call back in NO MORE THAN TWO HOURS....they didn't call back at all.

She put in apps at several hospitals....several got rejected, several yielded no calls, nothing.

Kate's pretty bummed about this situation. It's so competitive. She applied for one hospital job and found out that 110 other nurses applied just for that one measly job!

It's nuts....

That's so strange because I've been hearing for years that California was practically desperate for nurses, maybe a lot has changed in the last 5-6 years. I'm going to venture a guess and assume most of the places she's applied would already require a bit of a commute, do you think she'll have to extend her "range" a bit?

I'll keep praying for you guys bro.

Also I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything, I have a few friends up and down the state that may have some insight.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think there are a lot of false notions out there about some jobs. People for years have said "well, they need teachers!" when in reality they DON'T! Most teachers coming out of college with credentials up the ying-yang are having to sub for years before getting their foot in the door! It's next to impossible to hire on as a teacher in California right now. Hard stuff. You'll see people substitute teach for 5-6 years! Teachers just aren't retiring.

With nursing, that "hey man, they need nurses!" thing has been around a while. But the market has been filled-up for a few years now.

That's so strange because I've been hearing for years that California was practically desperate for nurses, maybe a lot has changed in the last 5-6 years. I'm going to venture a guess and assume most of the places she's applied would already require a bit of a commute, do you think she'll have to extend her "range" a bit?

I'll keep praying for you guys bro.

Also I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything, I have a few friends up and down the state that may have some insight.

Upvote 0