Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Glory to God! Kate received official notification not only that she DEFINITELY passed her NCLEX-RN state boards, but she NOW HAS A LICENSE! She is officially an RN today! And thanks to your kind prayers, friends, she can start looking for a job.

We're flying on financial VAPORS right now, so this is a huge grace. Thanks so much, everyone, for keeping us in your prayers. I have zero doubt that your prayers made a difference! Usually the State takes weeks to process these papers. This year they were flooded and yet were able to process Kate's application in less than a week! The college was the one that took so long!

Thanks be to God and to you, my dear friends, for your prayers! Glory to God! :):thumbsup::crosseo:
Glory to God!!

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Glory to God! Kate received official notification not only that she DEFINITELY passed her NCLEX-RN state boards, but she NOW HAS A LICENSE! She is officially an RN today! And thanks to your kind prayers, friends, she can start looking for a job.

We're flying on financial VAPORS right now, so this is a huge grace. Thanks so much, everyone, for keeping us in your prayers. I have zero doubt that your prayers made a difference! Usually the State takes weeks to process these papers. This year they were flooded and yet were able to process Kate's application in less than a week! The college was the one that took so long!

Thanks be to God and to you, my dear friends, for your prayers! Glory to God! :):thumbsup::crosseo:
One more testimony to add for the future and praying for more on the rest of your situation. It's amazing seeing how the Lord is good to those who seek Him (Psalm 34) - and thankful for His Grace being present in your lives and how he works in marvelous ways:D

:pray:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Glory to Jesus Christ!
Glory to Him forever!

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's wonderful news! I'll continue to pray for a good job to come her way.

I know so many people are asking for prayers right now, so I was a little reluctant to ask

Please never hesitate.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kate is putting out resumes right and left. There is a lot of competition around here right now. She is putting in at clinics, hospitals, you name it. Our local hospital said online "you can no longer apply for job _______ as you have already submitted 4 applications, our limit." LOL...so Kate's going there in person! ^_^

We need employment! :crosseo:

Thanks for prayers, friends. We're just about maxed out and it's no picnic to find a job in this field...

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Kate is putting out resumes right and left. There is a lot of competition around here right now. She is putting in at clinics, hospitals, you name it. Our local hospital said online "you can no longer apply for job _______ as you have already submitted 4 applications, our limit." LOL...so Kate's going there in person! ^_^

Thanks for prayers, friends. We're just about maxed out and it's no picnic to find a job in this field...

I have every confidence she'll find a job, despite the competition. Everything I've been told by friends in the medical field is that the demand for nurses in California is sky-high, nevertheless, I'll keep on praying for you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
prayers, Gurney, if I haven't responded already. I feel for you. Living in KY, where about $220,000 bought me a 2400 sq foot house on 3 park-like acres with 2 garages and a pool, I have always wondered how working folks in California can ever buy a home. All i hear about is a 2 bedroom on a tiny lot going for a million dollars! Lord have mercy, indeed!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

:crosseo: God's help and guidance!

I know what you're going through. My husband put out so many resumes a couple months ago, and it didn't matter that some were out of state. Whatever he could find. No response. It's a tough market out there right now.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Much-appreciated, RK. But just to let you know, not all of California has insane property. You're correct about Bay Area or Orange County property being nuts like that, but in the Central Valley, it's quite affordable. We live in a 1904 square foot, 2-story home with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, a big corner lot, swimming pool, decent sized backyard, big driveway, and we paid $236,000 in 2004 for it. The home was built in 2001. We love our home. We got a great deal on it. It's quite common around here to find a 3-bedroom 1,500 square foot newer home for around $140,000. Used home with same dimensions around $120,000 or cheaper. Property went way down in California around 2008 or so...

prayers, Gurney, if I haven't responded already. I feel for you. Living in KY, where about $220,000 bought me a 2400 sq foot house on 3 park-like acres with 2 garages and a pool, I have always wondered how working folks in California can ever buy a home. All i hear about is a 2 bedroom on a tiny lot going for a million dollars! Lord have mercy, indeed!

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Wow! three acres! KY seems tempting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Much-appreciated, RK. But just to let you know, not all of California has insane property. You're correct about Bay Area or Orange County property being nuts like that, but in the Central Valley, it's quite affordable. We live in a 1904 square foot, 2-story home with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, a big corner lot, swimming pool, decent sized backyard, big driveway, and we paid $236,000 in 2004 for it. The home was built in 2001. We love our home. We got a great deal on it. It's quite common around here to find a 3-bedroom 1,500 square foot newer home for around $140,000. Used home with same dimensions around $120,000 or cheaper. Property went way down in California around 2008 or so...

I'm such a hick. I really thought they were all like that with some variation for the areA. Good to know, in case I ever get the gold rush fever.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
what would you do with all that though? One acre would be more than enough for the Gurney

I'll tell you what you do with it in the spring summer and fall. You mow. A lot. In the winter you mostly look out the windows at it. Also, gurney, it sounds lkke your house is much nicer than mine! I have an old ranch style house that is about 40 years old. Old enough to leak but not old enough to be "cool old." Your place sounds awesome. If I ever make it back to cali can I stay with you?:D

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, it's not a palace, but we like it. There are definitely days we get SICK of going up and down stairs, but I love my house. I really love my backyard. I've planted so many fruit trees through the years, I'd never want to leave 'em!^_^

One of the real blessings of living in Central California is that we're the main area of the United States where all the hardcore agricultural output is. Most of the best stone fruit (peaches, plums, nectarines, etc.) come from here and the new inventions of the past twenty years like the PLUOT, come from these here parts...

I'll tell you what you do with it in the spring summer and fall. You mow. A lot. In the winter you mostly look out the windows at it. Also, gurney, it sounds lkke your house is much nicer than mine! I have an old ranch style house that is about 40 years old. Old enough to leak but not old enough to be "cool old." Your place sounds awesome. If I ever make it back to cali can I stay with you?:D

Upvote 0