Aug 23, 2007
✟782,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi, I'm wondering if you could say prayers for me on something. (gee I'm making prayers threads left and right, lol)

I've been trying to figure out ways and places for which I could volunteer (e.g. there's a couple of large hospitals in town and I know that there are charities) that might enable me to develop some skills (hopefully something more than just being a greeter or something) but I'm getting bad feelings of being rejected even for volunteer positions. No matter where the position is. I feel as if I'm trying to do whatever I can but nothing works, so I'm hoping for prayers that I could find something that works and that helps my resume look a little better, and that provides some sort of experience while I continue to look for paid work.

I sometimes think that not all volunteer positions will look good for someone with a college degree (finance), but I don't know. Anyway I don't feel like elaborating too much on the type of experience I have (not that it's bad, I just don't feel like it). I just want some prayers that is all.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I'm wondering if you could say prayers for me on something. (gee I'm making prayers threads left and right, lol)

I've been trying to figure out ways and places for which I could volunteer (e.g. there's a couple of large hospitals in town and I know that there are charities) that might enable me to develop some skills (hopefully something more than just being a greeter or something) but I'm getting bad feelings of being rejected even for volunteer positions. No matter where the position is. I feel as if I'm trying to do whatever I can but nothing works, so I'm hoping for prayers that I could find something that works and that helps my resume look a little better, and that provides some sort of experience while I continue to look for paid work.

I sometimes think that not all volunteer positions will look good for someone with a college degree (finance), but I don't know. Anyway I don't feel like elaborating too much on the type of experience I have (not that it's bad, I just don't feel like it). I just want some prayers that is all.
Prayers or you. :crossrc:

Volunteering is great in so many ways. And it really takes a person out of living inside their own head.

Tons of avenues for this... you should not have a problem finding something.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟782,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Volunteers are always needed. This is a wonderful thing for you to do. I will definitely keep you in my prayers! Let us know it goes. :)
thank you for telling me that volunteers are always needed. I'm definitely not bragging at all but I don't really get why someone would reject someone like me.
what's your field of interest? good luck. people love volunteers, they'd love to have you. I'm interning this summer.
my degree's in finance but my work experience is lacking in the actual field. I don't feel a ton of interest in this field anymore but even if the volunteer work has any tangential link to it I guess I'd be ok, but right now I really need to fill in a gap on my resume and I'm worried that any volunteering that isn't related to my field would hurt my resume rather than help it, but I don't know. I would rather have some volunteering enable me to establish a gateway to something, because I'm hitting a dead end.

thank you everyone else for your prayers.

Upvote 0

Rois

Be strong and take heart
Dec 27, 2008
✟8,268.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
thank you for telling me that volunteers are always needed. I'm definitely not bragging at all but I don't really get why someone would reject someone like me.

my degree's in finance but my work experience is lacking in the actual field. I don't feel a ton of interest in this field anymore but even if the volunteer work has any tangential link to it I guess I'd be ok, but right now I really need to fill in a gap on my resume and I'm worried that any volunteering that isn't related to my field would hurt my resume rather than help it, but I don't know. I would rather have some volunteering enable me to establish a gateway to something, because I'm hitting a dead end.

thank you everyone else for your prayers.

even if its not in your field, you could still relate something to any potential jobs (such as "I volunteered at a hospital and learned to *fill in blank* which relates to this important aspect of *fill in blank* in this job).

I've been working as a baker, so it's hard relating flour and sugar to anything. But I've done it! lol.

Upvote 0

Rowan

You are my brethren ♥
Apr 13, 2006
Allendale, MI
Visit site
✟16,998.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Prayers.

I wouldn't worry too much about volunteer qualifications. I'm volunteering at a hospital this summer and I haven't even graduated yet. For hospitals, they care more about how you can make people feel more comfortable in sickness and about how you can treat the patients with dignity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProScribe

May 20, 2008
Granbury,TX
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I read your post.

Prayers . . :crosseo:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.