Prayer...

The newguy

May 27, 2014
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Evening everyone. I'd like to share this with everyone. Ill summarize....I've had a difficult time here the past eight months, or so. With my wife. Divorce has been brought up many times. Trying to keep things together myself for the first six months, I decided/agreed that I can't fix things by myself. Not these things. So,I finally asked for help. From God. Accepted Christ....finally. And started to pray and turn these issues over to God.
My point......my wife is stubborn to the extreme. She is NOT on board with any kind of faith. Almost against it. She does not know that I've accepted Christ. Only thing she knows that I've attended church a few times with a friend. My children have taken an interest in where I go on Sundays so I will be taking them along this weekend.
Ok....now the point, for real this time. During my prayer, one of the things I ask God if He would show a clear path to my wife that would lead to Him. Understand that this person is almost anti religious and never showed any kind of interest in church or even the subject. Well, she will be joining me this Sunday. I didn't ask nor did I bend her arm. She's doing this on her own. I'm floored and I still can't stop smiling about it. Updates Sunday after church.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry you haven't gotten any replies so far, Newguy. Congrats on accepting Christ! And it's wonderful that your children, and now your wife, are showing interest in your new faith :) Take it one day at a time, and commit everything to Him. Life will still throw obstacles and hurdles in your path, but now you will never face them alone again :)

Upvote 0

The newguy

May 27, 2014
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Update......So, my wife, kids and myself are finally on our way to church together this past Sunday. First time ever. On the way, my wife says "What do I have to do to get you to stop all of this?" Meaning, going to church. I didnt say anything. Almost there and there is a train, dead stopped, across road. Not moving. We stayed there waiting for awhile. Already running late and waiting for this dead train to move, I decided to call it off. Bad luck or what??!!

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like Satan is trying to mess with you, because he knows that what God can do with this is going to be awesome. I'm of the mind that the bigger the attack, the bigger the blessing when God wins. Praying that Satan will be bound and that God will be victorious. In four days, you'll have another Sunday to try again. I pray for no blockages this time around.

Upvote 0

The newguy

May 27, 2014
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's exactly what a lot of people are telling me. I'm very new to this but I've heard people talk like this all my life. It didn't make much sense to me until recently. Things seem a lot different now. A good friend of mine told me that when I begin to understand things a little bit more that I will realize that it's all about spiritual warfare. And I thought I only had to deal with raising kids and keeping a marriage together. I WILL be in church with my family this Sunday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The newguy

May 27, 2014
✟15,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Update...So, I start to get kids ready for church this morning. Wife is still in bed. I asked if she was going. Answered no. A half hour before we leave she decides to get up out of bed. Only to pick a fight...or try to. "Why am I doing this? When will I stop? You know I've never liked this kind of thing. I'm not comfortable with you taking the kids to church." I didnt bite on the hook. Not today. I dont know what is going on with this woman. Thoughts anyone???

Upvote 0