Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your prayers and words! I read them to Darleen. She bawled... in a good way. :)

It looks like she's been accepted at a rehabilitation center that is within walking distance of our home. Praise God! I'll be able to spend every day with her, and the kids will be able to visit her after school every day.

Dot, no worries! Thank you for your prayers!

Oh, that's good news! Helps out being so close. Glory to God.

Reactions: Protoevangel
Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Darleen has been moved to the rehab center. They are doing physocal, occupational, and speech therapy. Her left side is starting to show improvement. She "gave five" to my youngest daughter last night.

Once she is able to move from bed to a wheelchair, they will start considering the next step.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Darleen has been moved to the rehab center. They are doing physocal, occupational, and speech therapy. Her left side is starting to show improvement. She "gave five" to my youngest daughter last night.

Once she is able to move from bed to a wheelchair, they will start considering the next step.

That is wonderful. Prayers that she continues to improve.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thank God.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Lifting you and your wonderful wife up before the Lord. Blessings :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

How long does the process generally take?

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Proto, is this related at all to your wife's previous medical problems or is this something new?

I am glad to read she is doing a little better and that she will be close to home. You all have my prayers.
Yea, the doctors seemed to agree that it's related to the vasculitis that they weren't able to treat over a year ago. All they can do it try to mitigate the strokes by controlling her blood pressure better.

Gxg (G²);62284687 said:
How long does the process generally take?
Well, I wasn't given a date or anything, it depends on how much effort she will put into it. If she works hard right away, she can recover not only faster, but more than if she takes her time.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, I wasn't given a date or anything, it depends on how much effort she will put into it. If she works hard right away, she can recover not only faster, but more than if she takes her time.
Got ya - and I'm assuming she wants to take her time/not rush anything, correct?

Regardless, praying for the situation. Having had family (my own father being one) and friends who've suffered such, I can definately relate with the intensity of the situation.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My prayers. Working through strokes is difficult and can be very discouraging. It is not easy.

Know that I am praying for you, Dan, and for your wife Darlene in this difficult time.

Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers, especially Saints Panteleimon, Nectarios, John of San Francisco, and Seraphim of Sarov, O Christ our God, have mercy on Dan and Darlene and their beloved family.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Dan, I can imagine how painful this has been for you and Darleen....all that she and you have gone through. God bless her in her therapy. May He give her the strength to work toward full recovery. :hug:

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks again, everyone. She is recovering well. Yesterday, she walked almost 20 feet, using a walker. Considering that a week ago, she couldn't roll over in bed, or even move her left side... it's simply amazing to watch her make improvements every day.

Upvote 0

IowaLutheran

Veteran
Aug 29, 2004
Iowa
✟9,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Almighty God, who art the giver of all health, and the aid of them that turn to Thee for succour, we entreat Thy strength and goodness on behalf of this Thy servant Darleen, that she may be healed of her infirmities, to Thine honor and glory, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks again for the prayers, everyone!

Just an update. Darleen has been making great progress atthe rehab facility. Earlier this week, she walked over 100 feet (with a walker). Her speech is coming along great, and she is now able to get herself in and out of bed. No doubt that she will be coming home soon! :clap: :crosseo:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks again, everyone. She is recovering well. Yesterday, she walked almost 20 feet, using a walker. Considering that a week ago, she couldn't roll over in bed, or even move her left side... it's simply amazing to watch her make improvements every day.

I'm so glad to read she's doing better. :)

Upvote 0