Prayer Request

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't really believe in asking people on forums for prayers, but here I come with my first one. I learned that I have the HPV virus, no idea for how long, and it may or may not lead to cancer or other unpleasant things. Your immune system is supposed to get rid of it naturally, and mine is not that great. Apparently I have to start living a healthier and more responsible lifestyle. Please keep me in your prayers for my body to clear out this virus. Overall I have let my life spin out of control for a long time. I'll go talk to a priest tomorrow. I have a hard time relating to priests but this one I've known for years, he's older, single (a monk) and cool, and it may work out.

Last edited:

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,296,791.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Prayers for you :crosseo:

Try and relax so you can talk with a priest . Talking is not just you doing the talking , it also involves hearing and listening to the other person. Hearing and listening are not necessarily the same thing. Talking is a two way process.

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Prayers for you :crosseo:

Try and relax so you can talk with a priest . Talking is not just you doing the talking , it also involves hearing and listening to the other person. Hearing and listening are not necessarily the same thing. Talking is a two way process.
Thanks, I'll try.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't really believe in asking people on forums for prayers, but here I come with my first one. I learned that I have the HPV virus, no idea for how long, and it may or may not lead to cancer or other unpleasant things. Your immune system is supposed to get rid of it naturally, and mine is not that great. Apparently I have to start living a healthier and more responsible lifestyle. Please keep me in your prayers for my body to clear out this virus. Overall I have let my life spin out of control for a long time. I'll go talk to a priest tomorrow. I have a hard time relating to priests but this one I've known for years, he's older, single (a monk) and cool, and it may work out.

You got it, I hope all of this works out well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I talked to the priest and am glad I did. He shared very valuable insights as well as was there for me on a human level. I was pleasantly surprised, I did not expect to be understood without a whole lot of explanations. Must be priest's training.

Glad to hear it went well! :)

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I talked to the priest and am glad I did. He shared very valuable insights as well as was there for me on a human level. I was pleasantly surprised, I did not expect to be understood without a whole lot of explanations. Must be priest's training.

glory to God!

Upvote 0