nowhere
✟15,828.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know where you can get the prayer of st. cyprian, which I've only heard about and cannot find anywhere. I'm talking about one that is several pages long, not the small one that is commonly available. Pray for this sinner. I'm also interested in special prayers that are uncommon and directed toward weakening demonic influence. I just went through my worst periods of demonic harrassment ever. I am convinced I was nearly totally possessed. Only an angry email to my priest which denounced the faith saved me through his prayers. Need I repeat? Please pray for me and specifically against this band of demons that is making it their hobby to mess me up. I would especially appreciate it if you would call upon the st's Cyprian, Justina, Gerasimos of Cephalonia, John the Theologian and any others you find to be helpful.

Thanks so much and god bless.

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Saints Cyprian and Justina are honored in the Eastern Orthodox Church and Oriental Orthodoxy as Christians of Antioch, Pisidia who in 304, during the persecution of Diocletian, suffered martyrdom at Nicomedia (modern day İzmit, Turkey) on September 26, the date of their feast.

The outline of the legend or allegory which is found, with diffuse descriptions and dialogues, in the "Symeon Metaphrastes," and was made the subject of a poem by Empress Aelia Eudocia goes thus :

Cyprian was a pagan magician of Antioch who had dealing with demons. By their aid he sought to bring St. Justina, a Christian virgin, to ruin; but she foiled the threefold attacks of the devils by the sign of the cross. Brought to despair, Cyprian made the sign of the cross himself and in this way was freed from the toils of Satan. He was received into the Church, was made pre-eminent by miraculous gifts, and became in succession deacon, priest, and finally bishop, while Justina became the head of a convent.

During the Diocletian persecution, both were seized and taken to Damascus where they were shockingly tortured. As their faith never wavered they were brought before Diocletian at Nicomedia, where at his command they were beheaded on the bank of the river Gallus. The same fate befell a Christian, Theoctistus, who had come to Cyprian and had embraced him.

After the bodies of the saints had lain unburied for six days they were taken by Christian sailors to Rome where they were interred on the estate of a noble lady named Rufina and later were entombed in Constantine's basilica.

The story, however, must have arisen as early as the fourth century, as it is mentioned both by St. Gregory Nazianzen and Prudentius; both, nevertheless, have confounded Cyprian with St. Cyprian of Carthage, a mistake often repeated.

The attempt has been made to find in Cyprian a mystical prototype of the Faustian legend. The Spanish author, Pedro Calderón de la Barca, took the story as the basis of a drama: "El mágico prodigioso."

The legend is given in Greek and Latin in Acta SS. September, VII. Ancient Syriac and Ethiopic versions of it have been published.

There is even a book, The Great Book of Saint Cyprian, full of prayers and spells, which is widely sold in the Portuguese and Spanish speaking world.

Their feast day appeared in the Roman Catholic Calendar of Saints to be celebrated wherever the Roman Rite is observed from the thirteenth century until 1969, when it was removed because of the lack of historical evidence of their existence. Their names were also removed from the subsequent (2001) revision of the Roman Martyrology, the official but professedly incomplete list of saints recognized by the Roman Catholic Church. The Roman Martyrology, however, includes five saints called Cyprian and two named Justina.

Traditional Roman Catholics continue to celebrate the memory of these martyrs as a Commemoration on the feast day of "Sts Isaac Jogues, John de Brebeuf and Companions, Martyrs" (the North American Martyrs) on September 26.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
With God's grace, I took it upon myself to translate this prayer into English, because I had not found it in English on any website so far...

You can read it in English here: The Prayer Of Saint Cyprian

Upvote 0

Jovajna

Oct 3, 2020
Serbia
✟8,647.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
maybenotcrazy, were you interested in a long prayer of Saint Cyprian for protection against magic? I wanted to sent it to an English speaking person, but I had no luck finding it. That is strange, although maybe understandable since it is not a common or everyday prayer. That's how I came across this forum, looking for it. So, Hello everyone :) , and God bless +

• Friendly
Reactions: Phronema
Upvote 0