Prayer for a lost grandfather

R

RunningWild

Hi everyone, I just wanted to put in a prayer request for my boyfriend and his family. His grandfather passed away last night, he was his mother's dad. His grandfather was a Christian and lived a wonderful and long life, but the family is, understandably, grieving from the loss of a wonderful man.

Also, I would like to put in a prayer request for myself...I have never experienced a death personally, and never really had to be there for a loved one who did as well. I'm feeling a little lost as to what to do for the family, and a little scared at the thought of attending my first funeral ever.

Any and all prayers are appreciated, thank you so much.

Lbet123

Veteran
Sep 25, 2007
✟17,055.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Prayer for you to say for Gods Accompaniment
O God, our help and assistance, who art just and merciful, and who heareth the supplications of thy people; look down upon me a miserable sinner, have mercy upon me, and deliver me from this trouble that besets me, for which I know, I am deservedly suffering. I acknowledge and believe, O Lord, that all trials of this life are given by thee for our chastisement, when we drift away from thee, and disobey thy commandments; deal not with me after my sins, but according to thy bountiful mercies, for I am the work of Thy hands, and thou knowest my weakness. Grant me, I beseech thee, thy divine helping grace, and endow me with patience and strength to endure my tribulations with complete submission to Thy Will. Thou knowest my misery and suffering and to Thee, my only hope and refuge, I flee for relief and comfort; trusting to thine infinite love and compassion, that in due time, when thou knowest best, thou wilt deliver me from this trouble, and turn my distress into comfort, when I shall rejoice in thy mercy, and exalt and praise thy Holy Name, O Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages.

Upvote 0

ArcticFox24

Nov 30, 2007
✟7,639.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My prayers are with you and your husband in this time of loss. God has called one more of his beautiful children back to heaven and we should all be happy for him.
I know it is hard for us here on earth to cope with loosing a loved one but in the end the person who has passed is in a better place and does not want us to grieve too much. Try to be strong, again my prayers are with you in your time of sorrow.
Megan

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lord Jesus, I am lifting up RunningWild to You tonight. She is needing help for her boyfriend and his family and asking that they be comforted and strengthened during this time of loss and pain.

Please help "RunningWild" to be supportive and a listening ear to her bf and help her with her thoughts and emotions during the funeral. Lord, bring Your peace and presence to the funeral for this grandfather and bless all the family and friends that gather together. Amen.

Upvote 0