Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hiya.... I don't know any of you guys, but since we're related and all... I could really use lots of prayers now.  I'm trying to buy a house, which is even more complicated for me than for most.  See, years ago I had to take care of my mom who had to quit her job for health reasons... I had to pay for my sr. year in private college, then support us both on $15K a year.  I also had to buy a car so I could get to work.  End result was ch. 13, which was a small price to pay for helping my family and getting an education.

FF... I paid all the ch. 13 payments on time, finished in May, all my student loans are also paid off, old car was totalled so I paid cash for new one.  Have  a good salary, stable job for 7.5 years. No debt.  However, while my bad credit is pretty much alleviated, the fact that I have no GOOD credit is stopping me.

Bottom line: still supporting my mom... signed a lease-purchase last year, which is to mature next month.  Had been told by mortgage co's that as soon as ch. 13 was paid up, I'd get a mortgage no problem.  Now, they won't even talk to me.  My landlord doesn't know this yet... however, bc of big probs with the house, he's in a bit of a bind bc technically, he broke the lease.  I could move out in a heartbeat and not be in breach, that's not the prob.  Problem is, I love this house and it is (now) a great home... anything else in the same price range is gonna be a slum in an unsafe neighborhood. 

I need a house nowwwww, because my mom hasn't got health ins. or a retirement, and if I could get my taxes reduced I could pay for it... also, I get a raise in March which will put me in the upper tax bracket paying 40%.  :eek:  My landlord is in Houston paying another mortgage so I think he'd be inclined to at least not throw me out, but OTOH in the past he has sometimes been really monumentally unreasonable.

sorry to go so long :sigh:  but please pray that my landlord be cool about this, pray that I get a mortgage (I finally got ... ready? a credit card LOL.  that was an unbelievable battle in itself.. but it is a start, at least). Pray that I don't have to move, which will cost me thousands (I know I'll never see my earnest money again)... pray for my mom's health while she's uninsured, etc.  thanks! 

Amy

Quiet Kitty
Jun 1, 2002
Visit site
✟1,608.00
Faith
Christian
I'll be praying, Goodgirl.  My husband and I want to buy a house, too, and though our situation is not as critical as yours it's hard enough. I know how it feels to struggle to have your own home.

I have to say I admire your character - paying for college, supporting your mom, working so hard to make it. You're a very strong person, Goodgirl. God smiles proudly when he looks at you.

I'll be praying. :pray:

Amy

Upvote 0
1. See if your landlord will finance the house for you - - with the house as collateral.

Do a 5 to 7 year balloon so that he can get his money and you will be past the ch. 13 time.

2. Also, get a credit card where you charge against cash you currently have in the bank. This way you can build credit.

3. Finally, there are probably 500 or more lending agencies in any large city. Don't stick with the one. The Federal gov't through HUD gives significant tax credits to certain taxpayers (in certain income groups) on their first home purchase. Ask about them.

Upvote 0

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
thanks all!  Amy, you almost made me cry.. I'm so used to feeling like a horrible person for my ch. 13.. you wouldn't believe how condescending and judgmental people can be. 

Deppity Sir, thanks for your advice... don't think my landlord could or would owner-finance since they're a little stretched on their own house.  But hopefully that also means he won't throw me out, since it's a horrible real estate market and his house is just gonna sit around anyway. Hopefully, at least!

One thing I'm blessed with is a :angel: mortgage broker who is on my prayer team. she's been so helpful and encouraging (which is the main thing!)..

thanks for the prayers... it is so massively hard not to get terrified or discouraged.. I hope this is all God's will, because the last year especially has been rough.. and it would be so awesome to have my own home, be secure, start getting back on my financial feet again.  whew! :pray:

Upvote 0

goodgirl

Dec 10, 2002
Visit site
✟8,947.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
update:  emailed my landlord yesterday regarding some of the last remaining repair issues... in his response, he says he has no problem negotiating a lease for 2003 if I need him to!! :clap: :bow:   So, at least I know I'm not gonna be tossed out and have to sleep in a dumpster LOL.  And, God willing, I can squeak into a mortgage in time to avoid paying for old uncle Sam's retirement.  Also, I was doing some math yesterday, and since I get a "head of household" tax break, it means I can get another years' raise and not have to pay half my salary to the u.s. govt. (God Bless America and all that, but I'd rather pay my OWN bills!)

Anyhow, the prayers are definitely working... no attitude whatsoever from Landlord.  Usually, anytime I ask for anything he unleashes this barrage of threats and general meanness... so it's nice that I can actually deal with a human and not an e-ville dude!  

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.