United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[Warning: Vile language in this posting.]

Larry David is the creative producer of NBC’s Seinfeld and HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiam. Over the weekend in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm he relieves himself on the picture of Jesus. The details and context of the episode are not worth explaining due to the unfortunate attack on the God and our Christian faith by this depraved human being.

Like so many in Hollywood, anti-Christian, more specifically, anti-Catholicism, is still prevalent among many movers and shakers. Imagine if they would even consider insulting the founder of Islam, Mohammad, as such? Not in a million years.

Continued- http://the-american-catholic.com/2009/10/28/pray-for-larry-david-creator-of-seinfeld-and-curb-your-enthusiasm/

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Comedians live to get laughs--and if we, the audience, fail to laugh they will modify their humor.

We have to start reframing what people consider to be funny and not funny.

If some of this humor was a mad lib, and other races, religions, etc. were substituted, it would be a good educational tool.

This can be done in youth groups and other groups--most of the time, people will probably never imagine that THEIR group might be victimized, and they will probably feel differently if they get 'mad libbed.'

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard about what happened in his disgusting show. A man urinated on a picture of Jesus and then when a Catholic woman came into the restroom, she thought Jesus was crying and called to another woman to come in there and they both knelt down and prayed. This is anti-Catholic bigotry at its worst! I, for one, demand an apology from this Larry David "man".

Upvote 0

Rotator

Shhhhhh.....
Dec 30, 2006
✟1,139.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I heard a suggestion yesterday. This event should be talked about from every ambo, and people should be encouraged to cancel HBO. If only a few thousand do that, it might get their attention. Writing emails and letters only encourages them - it's the old "any press is good press" that has been Hollywood's stance for so long. Money talks.

Upvote 0

Krentis

Sep 22, 2009
✟783.00
Faith
Catholic
When someone screams "Look at me, Look at me" the best thing to do is ignore them.

Did you ever hear about those two trenchcoat-wearing kids from Colorado? They were screaming for attention and being ignored.

Was this really in Curb Your Enthusiasm? I remember a similar scene from It's Always Sunny in Philidelphi a few years back. Philidelphia is a way better show.

As far as Mr David goes, I suspect that the best way to get his attention (short of canceling and explaining why you're canceling, which is a great method) would ber to write him a friendly letter, patiently explaining, without strong language, why you were bothered by the scene. Express outrage and he'll likely laugh at you, expresss anger and he'll immediately take the deffensive. Express a rational (this is a TV show, no need to go overboard) ammount of displeasure and you might get his ear and make him consider your thoughts on such matters.

Upvote 0