Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When I was 6 getting saved i did not think much about Jesus being God, I was told but did not understand. I said sure ok. WHat i knew was i was a sinner and Jesus gave His life for me and He arose from the grave for me and loves me. I said I want that. I accepted that even though I didn't understand all of it I had Faith, and could accept God. For a long time I prayed to but Jesus and The father. I did not understand, but yet I was saved. I went back in forth until I got in school for it and took classes and said oh wow. I can see now, I understand. Did i then have to ask God in my heart again, no. I always cry out to Jesus to save me I am tortured day and night, but you only have to ask God once. So i don't know that not understanding Jesus as God means your not saved. I did not start understanding God till after my baptism, but I know I've been saved a long time or i would be lost by now.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Mike, remember Paul warned Timothy that sound doctrine would not be tolerated, and they'd find folks to tickle their itching ears. The latter part of the thread proves it.
lol what doctrine is that. all I have heard is a lot going on about Joseph which I love Joseph but it doesn't real matter. I think Jesus is what matters.

Upvote 0

John Robie

Just checking in.
Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟32,545.00
Faith
Christian
lol what doctrine is that. all I have heard is a lot going on about Joseph which I love Joseph but it doesn't real matter. I think Jesus is what matters.
I think the doctrine of Jesus being God. It's not really negotiable.

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

mikedsjr

Master Newbie
Aug 7, 2014
Fort Worth,Tx
✟17,192.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely agree. Which is why I don't understand your objection to the point #1, is Jesus mentioned in the praise song. You just said one of your rules, "Jesus is what matters", and I whole heartedly agree, but you don't follow through.

It seems you didn't understand the issue in the video. I was merely answering a question Ted had about my stance on life application, which I can't stand. The video clearly illustrates one person focusing on Christ while the other person focuses on people's desires. Chris R demonstrated topologically Joseph's life showed Christ's life and it wasn't an accident. Brian Houston didn't care much about focusing on Christ. He focused on young people need to hold on to their dreams, using Joseph.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely agree. Which is why I don't understand your objection to the point #1, is Jesus mentioned in the praise song. You just said one of your rules, "Jesus is what matters", and I whole heartedly agree, but you don't follow through.

It seems you didn't understand the issue in the video. I was merely answering a question Ted had about my stance on life application, which I can't stand. The video clearly illustrates one person focusing on Christ while the other person focuses on people's desires. Chris R demonstrated topologically Joseph's life showed Christ's life and it wasn't an accident. Brian Houston didn't care much about focusing on Christ. He focused on young people need to hold on to their dreams, using Joseph.
I will say that anyone who doesn't see Joseph as a type of Christ hasn't a clue as to understanding the Scriptures. I am amazed at how the lives of the people written about in the Old Testament picture Christ and His Gospel. They lived their lives just as we do and probably had no idea that it was God directing every detail of their lives in order for us to see Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I think how He loves me is about Jesus.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Another example is David and Goliath. How many sermons have been preached about facing your giants? The reality is that we are not David, but we are the scared Israelites who need someone to fight out battle for us.

Upvote 0