Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I already mentioned a couple of months ago...I am resigning from my current position as worship pastor.

After my resignation, the economy and the news have basically been gloom and doom and with every passing week there has been a gradual increase in pressure for me to stay at my current position not to mention that where I am at is one of the few areas of the country that has not been affected by the economic downturn.

Nevertheless I have held to what I believe God is wanting us to do.

Well...Sunday is our last day and my wife has been increasingly nervous about our ability to transition financially. I have no job waiting for me where I am going and even the best paying job back home will still be a significant pay cut. However, the cost of living will be significantly less as well.

Anyhow...it is down to the wire and my wife calls yesterday crying over the phone. She tells me how she had been figuring up our finances and had complained to God recently that she knows He is there but that to her it seems like He is on the sidelines never getting involed in her life. Well she prayed and said "God we need $1000 to make this transition and I am just going to believe that you are going to provide this and I am not going to worry about it."

Then she says some time (not sure how long) after she prayed, she went to the computer and there was $1000 in our checking account. She saw it was from her school and she began to get really upset then saying "God why are you teasing me like this...you know that I am going to have to give that money back to the school that this is a mistake because I have already received all of my finanical aid and that I am not going to school there next semester.

Well she calls the school to tell them about it. The lady at the university tells her that they actually had grant money left over from the semester and that she was one of the students randomly selected to receive the money. Right about here is where she begins weeping and crying telling the lady how she had prayed and that it was the exact amount she had prayed for.

Reactions: rushingwind62
Status
Not open for further replies.