Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....................... open the thread..............................

One of the biggest needs in the body today is for financial prosperity - no, not God raining pennies from heaven, or giving to get a return, or even you becoming a millionaire - or a thousandaire.

But being able to meet your needs, leave an inheritance for your children and having the ability to give every time God directs you to.

I will be using some scripture and the basis behind it, but this is not the prosperity message you hear on TV. This works, and it works every time.

In fact, the only way it will not work is if you give up.

It's called stewardship.

I'll not fight with you, I'll not argue with you, but I will show you how to:

• Make a budget for your home.
  • Pay off debt faster and get debt free, permanently.
  • Always have a decent car and never take a loan out for it.
Those are the first three.

If you are interested, please vote in the poll.

The threads will be no debate threads and you do not have to do one thing that I suggest.

Reactions: BenAdam

habeas

Veteran
Jun 18, 2005
✟3,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm concerned about the fact that our dollar is going to crash (I mean really plummet) because of overspending by the federal gov't, borrowing billions from the Chinese, bailing out investment firms by the Federal Reserve, the printing of more dollars by the Fed, etc. The war is costing a trillion dollars and the U.S. cannot sustain this empire.

Therefore, apart from investing in pesos or gold, I don't know what to do. I fear that all the best-laid investment and savings plans will be for naught. Add to that "managed trade" via NAFTA - not free, mind you...in Ohio we've lost so many jobs.

Then I see the value of homes (Ohio is also the foreclosure capital of the U.S. - Ohio), dropping 20%, which is alot of people's only asset - while real property taxes remain the same, high. People around here are really hurting.

Apart from kicking the bums out of office, and quickly, I am afraid this whole economy will collapse. This is why I'm leery of "managing finances," saving and budgeting advice right now.

However, if you or anyone else has any solutions to the above problems, I'm all ears. I have solutions, but you'd have to elect me to Congress before I could try to implement them. ^_^

Upvote 0
C

Christina M

I'm concerned about the fact that our dollar is going to crash (I mean really plummet) because of overspending by the federal gov't, borrowing billions from the Chinese, bailing out investment firms by the Federal Reserve, the printing of more dollars by the Fed, etc. The war is costing a trillion dollars and the U.S. cannot sustain this empire.

Therefore, apart from investing in pesos or gold, I don't know what to do. I fear that all the best-laid investment and savings plans will be for naught. Add to that "managed trade" via NAFTA - not free, mind you...in Ohio we've lost so many jobs.

Then I see the value of homes (Ohio is also the foreclosure capital of the U.S. - Ohio), dropping 20%, which is alot of people's only asset - while real property taxes remain the same, high. People around here are really hurting.

Apart from kicking the bums out of office, and quickly, I am afraid this whole economy will collapse. This is why I'm leery of "managing finances," saving and budgeting advice right now.

However, if you or anyone else has any solutions to the above problems, I'm all ears. I have solutions, but you'd have to elect me to Congress before I could try to implement them. ^_^

I am not concerned.... I am not of this world... God is my provider.... He is my source. He prospers His faithful even in famine. :)

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟33,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

One of the biggest needs in the body today is for financial prosperity - no, not God raining pennies from heaven, or giving to get a return, or even you becoming a millionaire - or a thousandaire.

But being able to meet your needs, leave an inheritance for your children and having the ability to give every time God directs you to.

I will be using some scripture and the basis behind it, but this is not the prosperity message you hear on TV. This works, and it works every time.

It's called stewardship.

The threads will be no debate threads and you do not have to do one thing that I suggest.

Does it involve 3 easy payments of $19.99 to get my work from home marketing kit :D

Just kidding, I couldn't resist.

Seriously, sure, I'd be up for hearing some sound financial advice.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Credit is perhaps the most misunderstood tool in the world.

The typical credit card has an interest rate of more than 12% at this time, with a number of them approaching 20% and greater.

To hold funds in an account like that for any appreciable amount of time is paying more than the product is worth.

Example:

If you make a 500.00 purchase on a card charging 20% and just make minimum payments until the bill is paid - that 500.00 item will cost you more than 2,000.00 by the time you have paid it off.

If you budgeted the same amount (what you would pay the credit card company), and put it aside each month, you would have the product in a couple of months and pay nothing extra.

Part of prosperity is self control.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
E

enoch son

It's called stewardship.

this is not true. To say we need prosperity or self control is a statement of unbelief not belief that is to say christ didn't gives us all things in Him it's calling him a lair.

Upvote 0
L

LeadWorship

I agree Balance. Also, a huge part is contentment.

Phillipians 4:11-13 (NIV)
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Upvote 0
L

LeadWorship

this is not true. To say we need prosperity or self control is a statement of unbelief not belief that is to say christ didn't gives us all things in Him it's calling him a lair.

WHat? It doesn't take self control to renew our minds daily, and to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling before the lord? It doesn't take self control to submit ourselves to the Lord? It doesn't take self control to forgo our emotions and let His Spirit lead us?

It does.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

LeadWorship

What we need to grasp also is that its NOT OURS to spend.

Everything in the heavens and earth is Yours, oh Lord, and this is Your kingdom. We adore you as being in control over everything. You are the ruler over all mankind. Your hand controls power and might, and it is at Your discretion that men are made great and given strength!

Do it Balance! I give you the OK. I'm ready to get this ball rolling!

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm all for good financial stewardship.

But I believe one of the major needs for Christians in Charismatic circles is to be freed from the thinking that comes from listening to many of the popular prosperity teachings. Many of these preachers preach that preachers should have fancy cars and nice houses to be a good witness, and teach other people to desire money and use their faith to get it. This runs contrary to what is taught in the New Testament.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.