✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ozymandius said:
I was waiting for the part where you get to the liberal plot. Took you one post longer than usual Voeg!

We are joking about it because it won't be long before a long faced reporter or reporterette on CNN is blaming this on Bush and Republicans.

If this lasts long enough to cause problems, I would bet you anything CNN and the networks will do as I anticipate. And they won't mention liberals blocking or making it very difficult to constructe new power plants in the state. They will also blame the governor and give the Democrat run state legislature (where the real power is) a pass.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Autumnleaf said:
It might have something to do with racism too! That darn President Bush.

Heard Brentwood and Beverly Hills are out too. Bush doesn't just hate poor blacks. He hates Spike Lee, black recording artists and black movie stars too.

But then he's Republican. Whadda ya expect?

As for me, I am going to see if the networks will let me and my friends sing on TV so we can feel good about ourselves, tell everyone how wonderful we are, bash Bush and raise money for (after our expenses of course) the suffering people in Malibu and Topanga Canyon.

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Voegelin said:
We are joking about it because it won't be long before a long faced reporter or reporterette on CNN is blaming this on Bush and Republicans.

Why? I don't demand that the President of the United States be able to command natural forces or events that are beyond his control (such as some guy digging and hitting the power lines, or perhaps the random Category 5 hurricane). I do demand, however, that his selected emergency response officials and agencies be able to handle such disasters; thats what they're there for. </offtopic>

Anyway, Fox is saying that someone accidentally split a cable and the grid was shut down as a precaution. Everything should be back to normal.

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The president made a conscious decision, according to your media, to direct resources to Iraq rather than upgrade infrastructure including the electrical grid. Some of those transformers were around when Marsha Brady got hit by basketball that made her nose swell up. But Clinton did a fair amount of ignoring himself during the some of the strongest economic years of the United States. People always respond to problems after the fact. It really bugs me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SH89

Sola scriptura
Aug 7, 2004
Los Angeles, California
Visit site
✟17,673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Voegelin said:
But then he's Republican. Whadda ya expect?

As for me, I am going to see if the networks will let me and my friends sing on TV so we can feel good about ourselves, tell everyone how wonderful we are, bash Bush and raise money for (after our expenses of course) the suffering people in Malibu and Topanga Canyon.

i live in Woodland hills which is RIGHT NEXT to Calabasas, Malibu, and Topanga Canyon. We obviously have power right now:)...how else could i be typing this message then? :scratch:

I am a witness to the power outage and i feel that this is Bush's fault.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ampoliros said:
I do demand, however, that his selected emergency response officials and agencies be able to handle such disasters; thats what they're there for.

And they were. The first responders, who took tens of millions from the Federal government to be prepared, were not. All the rhetoric, all the blaming of Bush is done to cover up the fact that Nagin and Blanco did not follow their own emergency plan--a plan which had been worked out for years with the Federal government.

I don't know why Democrats are trying to make this into a party thing. I live in a Democrat county in Florida. Top notch hurricane protection here. And we've needed it as we got hit by a CAT 2 and a CAT 3 last year. FEMA and the Feds came in several days after the storm according to plan. The local cops, the local EMTs and county workers did a terrific job. Jeb Bush helped but I give most of the credit to local Democrat officials for preventing damage from being worse than it could have been and restoring the community after the storm.

Democrats can't have it both ways. When the plan works, as it does in my Democrat majority county (and we do have some poor areas here, that is no excuse) they can't take the credit they deserve but then when things fall apart blame the Federal governerment and Bush (we all know if Clinton were President, he would not be blamed by the media for the failures in NOLA...in that case the locals would have taken the hit--as it should be)

Upvote 0

freealaska

Feb 19, 2005
Ketchikan Alaska
✟1,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chosen One said:
This just goes to show how the liberal the media is. Gay loving, liberal Hollywood loses power for a few hours and it is all over CNN.

I gaurantee you that if God loving Birmingham Alabama lost power for a week- it might make the third page of the NYT.

ee6a58b3.jpg

;)

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
simplicity said:
The president made a conscious decision, according to your media, to direct resources to Iraq rather than upgrade infrastructure including the electrical grid. Some of those transformers were around when Marsha Brady got hit by basketball that made her nose swell up. But Clinton did a fair amount of ignoring himself during the some of the strongest economic years of the United States. People always respond to problems after the fact. It really bugs me.

Right on! :thumbsup: Since this power outage happened because some knuckle heads connected the wrong wires I say Bush should have diverted all the resources from Iraq to remedial training for these power company workers in order to avert this catastrophy here at home.

Upvote 0