Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I probably shouldn't be posting this because it would give a false view of what my artwork typically looks like, but I can't really help myself and have to at least post something. I still like the artwork I post but the drawings I really like can't be posted because of copying fears, and I really don't like drawing complicated looking things unless I come up with the design on my own.

S2010cartoon6.jpg

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A lot of you have seen this already. It's the last portrait I did.

Finished Nov. 2008
Bristol Smooth
6H, 2H, HB, B2, B3 Pencils
Not sure on hours but it took about 3 weeks of off and on work. I had to get the subject to come and sit for me a few times. Arranging a good time for both of us was challenging.

I need to start another portrait soon. It's going to be a CFer this time. Not sure when I'll start it but hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did someone say sidewalk arts festival?

That was a very wet morning, the top half of this was drawn under water.

Beautiful! I've been considering doing a sidewalk art show. I think they're a summer event here. I need to start thinking of what I want to do. What do you usually use? Chalk pastels?

Upvote 0

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟12,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A lot of you have seen this already. It's the last portrait I did.

Finished Nov. 2008
Bristol Smooth
6H, 2H, HB, B2, B3 Pencils
Not sure on hours but it took about 3 weeks of off and on work. I had to get the subject to come and sit for me a few times. Arranging a good time for both of us was challenging.

16l0h1e.jpg

I need to start another portrait soon. It's going to be a CFer this time. Not sure when I'll start it but hopefully soon.

you should draw a bearded portrait, those are the best ones ... just saying

K
O
f

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Stupid artists... being all talented and stuff. /rage
That's about 10 years of drawing faces. Practice and learning how to see. I haven't always drawn well.

And it's comments like this that make me not want to post my work.

Upvote 0

Nomarga

Nov 19, 2010
Iowa
✟16,316.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's about 10 years of drawing faces. Practice and learning how to see. I haven't always drawn well.

And it's comments like this that make me not want to post my work.

It was a smart-alec way of saying it was a good drawing. Even with 10 years of practice, many people (myself included) couldn't successfully draw anything. So you definitely have some talent in there, whether you want to admit it or not. ;)

Sorry if that struck a nerve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It was a smart-alec way of saying it was a good drawing. Even with 10 years of practice, many people (myself included) couldn't successfully draw anything. So you definitely have some talent in there, whether you want to admit it or not. ;)

Sorry if that struck a nerve.
I see. Well thank you for the compliment. And yes, anyone can draw. You just need to learn how to see. I've taught people who only knew how to draw stick figures, to draw portraits. Anyone can be taught if they desire it and dedicate the time.

Upvote 0