Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is a thread where you can post your artwork you've made and whatnot.

I'll post some of my artwork, I'm not posting the artwork I talk about sometimes here since I'm rather secretive about it, but I'll post some of my older drawing styles I still enjoy, and some newer ones I still need to vastly update, but still like.

S2010cartoon8-1.jpg

S2010cartoon7.jpg

Alright post your drawings and etc.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haven't you made this thread before?

At least a million times?

Well, does photography count? I could post some pics I've been taking.

Lol, I'm not digging up the old one, and IDK I guess you can post your photography if you want, don't really consider it art though. But go ahead.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Here's some artwork I've done over the past few years.

First, let's start with my namesake...

d53313c2f5764aee.jpg

This was something I did as a joke for a friend, but it's become really popular. In fact, it'll be used on a book cover soon.

testqck.jpg

This was something I did for my father on his birthday. Saint Maurice is the patron saint of the American infantryman.

saintmauricefinal.jpg

I love how this one came out. Some people bought it from my zazzle account recently - I assume for Reformation Day.

95theses.jpg

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not overly artistic but I'll upload a couple of drawings I've done. The first is, duh. gollum. the second, well if you can't guess I'll cry, the third is a drawing of my grandfather when he was young.

and I've very recently started trying to compose music on my own. here's one attempt:

YouTube - String Serenade

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

d53313c2f5764aee.jpg

I love this pic. I want to make some saint cartoon characters too, but never really got around to drawing them yet, but I just love those halos.

I also like it when they pull swords out of their mouths, was Christianity like the first religion to have that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

I love this pic. I want to make some saint cartoon characters too, but never really got around to drawing them yet, but I just love those halos.

I also like it when they pull swords out of their mouths, was Christianity like the first religion to have that?

Uh what? Do you mean depictions of swords coming out blade first? I think that's a reference to the gospel being referred to as a sword in various parts of scripture (Paul uses that metaphor, I believe, and the references to swords coming out of mouths in Revelation are believed to be metaphors for the gospel). Basically, it's representative of preaching the gospel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Uh what? Do you mean depictions of swords coming out blade first? I think that's a reference to the gospel being referred to as a sword in various parts of scripture (Paul uses that metaphor, I believe, and the references to swords coming out of mouths in Revelation are believed to be metaphors for the gospel).

Awww.. really? Still it's a pretty cool image though, and struck a cord in me as a child when I read it.

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Awww.. really? Still it's a pretty cool image though, and struck a cord in me as a child when I read it.

Is this kind of what you're talking about?

sussex-west-0081.jpg

It is very powerful imagery, especially when understood in its fullest context.

In regards to your full question, I'm not aware of other religions using it in a similar way. I know they sometimes use swords as symbols (Shi'a Islam, for example, often depicts Ali with his famous two-pointed sword), but in terms of swords coming out of the mouth...I'm not aware of any off the top of my head.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is this kind of what you're talking about?

sussex-west-0081.jpg

It is very powerful imagery, especially when understood in its fullest context.

In regards to your full question, I'm not aware of other religions using it in a similar way. I know they sometimes use swords as symbols (Shi'a Islam, for example, often depicts Ali with his famous two-pointed sword), but in terms of swords coming out of the mouth...I'm not aware of any off the top of my head.

Yeah that's what I am talking about. Thanks for answering my question though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

d53313c2f5764aee.jpg

This was something I did as a joke for a friend, but it's become really popular. In fact, it'll be used on a book cover soon.

testqck.jpg

This was something I did for my father on his birthday. Saint Maurice is the patron saint of the American infantryman.

saintmauricefinal.jpg

I love how this one came out. Some people bought it from my zazzle account recently - I assume for Reformation Day.

95theses.jpg
Awesome! Do you have any traditional art?

Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

Awesome! Do you have any traditional art?

You mean like using crafts tools? Man, I stink at that :p My painting projects end up looking like horrible messes that make finger paints by third graders look like Rembrandt.

The closest thing I have is my contribution to the SCAD sidewalk arts festival, done in chalk inside a square in Forsyth Park. It was supposed to be a mixed of Rayonism and Italian Futurism...but, alas, no one got it.

n39605754320970331850.jpg

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You mean like using crafts tools? Man, I stink at that :p My painting projects end up looking like horrible messes that make finger paints by third graders look like Rembrandt.

The closest thing I have is my contribution to the SCAD sidewalk arts festival, done in chalk inside a square in Forsyth Park. It was supposed to be a mixed of Rayonism and Italian Futurism...but, alas, no one got it.

n39605754320970331850.jpg
It's beautiful!

Upvote 0

Beauty4Ashes

All that I need, is a song in my heart. . .
Feb 5, 2004
Visit site
✟28,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These aren't the best of my drawings but I don't want to repost ones I've already posted a few times before.
I drew these when I was 13.

Myself at age 6 (not the clearest photo, taken with a phone)
meat6.jpg

One of my brothers (age 15)
brotherpainting.jpg

Another brother
otherbrother.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: songz777
Upvote 0