dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For stating the obvious. There is no arguing what Jesus position is today. But the fact remains that "...sitting at the right hand of God" is a statement of honor as well as a position. But there is no Scripture that states He never moves from that position.
Is there Scripture that indicates He's gone back to Paradise after the Resurrection? (Or that Paradise even exists since the Resurrection?)

Upvote 0

Frenchfrye

spreading the bible
May 17, 2012
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Is there Scripture that indicates He's gone back to Paradise after the Resurrection? (Or that Paradise even exists since the Resurrection?)

in matthew it says that jesus went to prpare aplace and will come back for us so that is true but it also says that every eye shall see this event so every living being will see this event happen when it happens and the dead will be raised its gonna be a insane event it talks about it in revelations as well

Upvote 0

Thrillobyte

Jul 20, 2011
✟163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sincerely believe that God will allow us to have mates and live together as partners on the new earth as Adam and Eve did prior to the fall. Remember, Adam and Eve were not "married", as the institution of marriage was put in place by God strictly as a result of sin, to keep fallen man from committing adultery. This would make valid Jesus' comment about not marrying, yet we would still be able to have significant others, in addition to our friends and familial relationships. In a sinless world marriage will not be needed, hence in our glorified bodies in the restored earth we will still be able to have sexual relations as Adam and Eve did, but likely not have children -- or possibly we will be able to have children, otherwise the entire universe with the quadrillions of empty planets and galaxies are totally wasted if they are not inhabited. Jesus did not negate relationships between male and female or did He ever explicitly negate reproduction. He only negated getting married, and for obvious reasons---it is no longer needed in the new earth.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sincerely believe that God will allow us to have mates and live together as partners on the new earth as Adam and Eve did prior to the fall. Remember, Adam and Eve were not "married", as the institution of marriage was put in place by God strictly as a result of sin, to keep fallen man from committing adultery. This would make valid Jesus' comment about not marrying, yet we would still be able to have significant others, in addition to our friends and familial relationships. In a sinless world marriage will not be needed, hence in our glorified bodies in the restored earth we will still be able to have sexual relations as Adam and Eve did, but likely not have children -- or possibly we will be able to have children, otherwise the entire universe with the quadrillions of empty planets and galaxies are totally wasted if they are not inhabited. Jesus did not negate relationships between male and female or did He ever explicitly negate reproduction. He only negated getting married, and for obvious reasons---it is no longer needed in the new earth.

That's a bit of a stretch not supported by scripture. I believe we will be "...Like the angels..." who are beings without gender. But we'll see.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
That's a bit of a stretch not supported by scripture. I believe we will be "...Like the angels..." who are beings without gender. But we'll see.

There's no indication in Genesis that gender is anything but a good and ongoing thing, nor anything in Jesus resurrection to suggest he became genderless.

Upvote 0

Frenchfrye

spreading the bible
May 17, 2012
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so many believe in burial as when we get resurreted, we get newer (perfect) bodies.

I get onflited cause I thought we go to Heaven. Others say heaven will be here on Earth.

If that's the case, what is meant by "perfect bodies"?

Would we all look the same?

Does it mean no diseases and bad geneticsm ie: diabeties, asthma, cleft pallets, etc?

Will we be able to reproduce? If so, won't the Earth get overcrowded?

If not, would we even have genitals, I mean, what wouod be the point?

Also, why would we be excluded from reproduction when the rest of the plants and animals would reproduce?

If we eat animals and plants, than death would still be a factor on Earth. If that's so, what happens if we jump off cliffs? Do we "die"? Would we survive but have broken limbs? Or would our bodies instantly heal?

when we are resurected at the return of Christ we get perfect bodies like angels have and adam and eve have.
we spend 1000 years in heaven reveiwing the judgement of those who werent saved. then we come and god makes a new earth
No we wont God made us diffrerent reaces and sexs and that was the plan in Eden
no we wont get diseases or deformities
i dont know if we can reproduce you could argue either way with that.
we wont eat animals in heaven itll be like in Eden.
no if we jumped off a cliff we would land unscathed like we jumped off a bed. plus ive heard we will be able to fly so that would work too.
and it wont matter heaven is perfect and we will enjoy everything about it

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's no indication in Genesis that gender is anything but a good and ongoing thing, nor anything in Jesus resurrection to suggest he became genderless.

I'm not asking you to attempt to convince me of your opinion. I'm just saying you lack scriptural support for what you are saying. So we'll see.

Upvote 0

Thrillobyte

Jul 20, 2011
✟163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There's plenty of support. Angels do have gender, which is why Michael and Gabriel and Raphael had male gender. Furthermore, angels were perfectly capable of producing offspring as we see in Genesis 6:2 "the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose" and Genesis 6:4 "The sons of God had sexual relations with human women, who gave birth to children for them". Sons of God clearly were angels, not human, otherwise it would not have been necessary to distinguish "sons of God" from human beings.

Upvote 0

Frenchfrye

spreading the bible
May 17, 2012
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
There's plenty of support. Angels do have gender, which is why Michael and Gabriel and Raphael had male gender. Furthermore, angels were perfectly capable of producing offspring as we see in Genesis 6:2 "the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose" and Genesis 6:4 "The sons of God had sexual relations with human women, who gave birth to children for them". Sons of God clearly were angels, not human, otherwise it would not have been necessary to distinguish "sons of God" from human beings.

too add if we were made perfect in eden they had genders so it was a part of creation and something god wanted why would he remove that? so we will always have genders

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Your argument does not convince me as that has been argued for a long time. Not everyone believes the "sons of God" were angels. There is no evidence in Scripture that we will be capable of procreating in eternity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frenchfrye

spreading the bible
May 17, 2012
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Your argument does not convince me as that has been argued for a long time. Not everyone believes the "sons of God" were angels. There is no evidence in Scripture that we will be capable of procreating in eternity.

no evidence says we cant at least we have eden where we were told to multiply so it was part of the plan thats more than your side has

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
no evidence says we cant at least we have eden where we were told to multiply so it was part of the plan thats more than your side has

Eden was about human beings in their earthly bodies. We will have new spiritual bodies in eternity.

Upvote 0

Frenchfrye

spreading the bible
May 17, 2012
✟8,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Eden was about human beings in their earthly bodies. We will have new spiritual bodies in eternity.

But before sin they had perfect eternal bodies. it was sin that brought impurities into us so they wouldve had the perfect spiritual bodies and they had genders and anyways its more than you have

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd be surprised if the "sons of God = angels" position is the majority opinion among Christians. (At least it's not my opinion or the opinion of many of the folks I've studied.) An alternate position (and one that I think is more likely) is that the "sons of God" are referring to the godly line of Seth, whereas the "daughters of men" are referring to the ungodly line of Cain.

But I do agree with you that angels sometimes *appear* with gender (but read on). It's interesting, though, how all of the references to angels are either unspecified or are male. No mention of a female angel. (Then again, why would there need to be female angels?) Let's not forget, though, that angels are *spirits* (Heb. 1:14), so it seems more likely that the angels in their natural state are genderless, but they've taken on male-like bodies when they need to interact with man.

• Agree
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite all of the conjecture you put forth, your post still seems off. First, to have one "significant other" for the rest of eternity doesn't sound right. Second, to have sexual relations in our new bodies doesn't sound right. Third, to have such relations without being married sounds outright wrong. And there won't be aging on the New Earth, so I think having children is out of the picture.

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But before sin they had perfect eternal bodies. it was sin that brought impurities into us so they wouldve had the perfect spiritual bodies and they had genders and anyways its more than you have

After the fall all bodies were human. I don't know what you mean by "...it's more than you have".

Upvote 0

Thrillobyte

Jul 20, 2011
✟163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yes, I know. It's one of those issues not directly addressed so there's nothing to refute the idea of relations in the new earth just like there's nothing to support it, much like eternal torment and universalism.

Upvote 0