Discussion Post Charismatic?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What should we think about those who choose to be called post charismatic? Or ex charismatic?

They have their own website. Some become agnostic others something close to cessationist. Yet may still call themselves Pentecostals. As before, my erring Grudem quote was from one of their sites. So they try to agree with Grudem and Fee, but not the gift of tongues onwards parts. And like Biblicist, they dislike NAR but unlike him, don't want the gifts.

Others seem be disillusioned with their pastor or another in town, who may lie on graves... and they don't look for the best, but turn, ex charismatic, seeming to sum up the whole Pentecostal scene as they have experienced.

I can say that I experienced quite a bit of foul ideas along my way, horrible horrible stuff from Pentecostals and I am discouraged. But look for the better, and the Biblical.

How do you feel, what have you seen? What do you make of post charismatics?

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟283,713.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's interesting that it's the cessationist of whatever label that want, including these guys, who are really the ones who are looking to other sources than the Bible for their answers. If their faith was grounded in the Bible they would not so easily turn away.

Yes, we should feel compassion for them, and hold them up to the Father to be brought to the faith.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've not followed those who have moved away from the Charismatic names of beliefs.
I have attended AG church most of the time since I moved away for places that had charismatic churches.
Even in the Nazarene church I ran into other charismatics.

I don't worry too much about it, while I sometimes collect names the one I go with first and foremost is Christian.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Funny to be identify yourself as an "ex" of what you used to be.
Better identify yourself as what you actually are rather than what you once were.
In my experience people who claim to be "ex" something do so for the sole purpose of setting themselves up as "experts" so they can criticize what they claim they once were.

Last edited:
Upvote 0