Oct 6, 2002
Visit site
✟9,693.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
shernren said:

Come to think of it, what exactly would Jesus as the Lion of Judah be if lions weren't ferocious??

A lion couldn't be a beautiful image if it wasn't ferocious???
Jesus is compared to a lion because he's ferocious???? ??? ??

I don't think ferocity to be the prior characteristic of lions. You don't prove anything with this.

I'll answer to the rest of the post later :) I'm sorry if AiG lacks biblical references in this article :cool:

Upvote 0

WAB

Nov 12, 2005
Hawaii
✟1,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tamtam92 said:
Look, she's true :

1 Peter 3:20-21
once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The Flood literally happened. And the waters were also the symbol of baptism (which is really a symbol of death - the flood - and resurrection - the ark).

And you have symbolism in most of all the true historical accounts of the Bible (Adam & Eve, Israel in the desert, Joshua & Jericho, ...).

Guess I did not make my point very clearly... Am opposing the many opinions expressed here that the Flood of Noah was not literal. Certainly there are many incidences of symbolism in Scripture. But.. to restrict those instances to symbolism only is to violate the Word of God.

Upvote 0

sampson x

Supreme Commander of the Paralytic Army
Dec 21, 2004
Indiana
✟5,603.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
WAB said:
Guess I did not make my point very clearly... Am opposing the many opinions expressed here that the Flood of Noah was not literal. Certainly there are many incidences of symbolism in Scripture. But.. to restrict those instances to symbolism only is to violate the Word of God.

I guess that means that we're in agreement...

Well, I think we've strayed off subject. I think I'm going to close this thread as no one is posting on my original question anymore. Thanks for the input!!!

sampson x

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟18,881.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
But in Hebrew the very word "lion" comes from the word for "violence" / "pierce", if I got my Strong's reference right. Of course, the Lion of Judah reference is in the NT and therefore in Greek ... but hey, in Rev 5:5 when Jesus is called the Lion of Judah He is called one because He has triumphed. What does a vegetarian lion triumph over? :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.