Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Portable Nebulizers

Discussion in 'General Physical Health' started by ib4au, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ib4au

ib4au Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone use a portable nebulizer? If you do, I'd love to hear what you have to say. I want to get one that uses just batteries and is pretty compact but want to hear a little more about them first. Thanks!

2. Akathist

Akathist Theology Team Supporter

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Eastern-Orthodox
    I didn't even know they come that portable. I have one that plugs into electric and it is too large for me to take when traveling really. I only take it when going on a trip of at least a week or so. (And "get by" with my inhaler which is not as helpful to me.)

When I went to Eastern Europe I didn't dare take it with me out of fear that even with a converter it would ruin my machine. I lost my health insurance so I wouldn't get it replaced.

Inhalers just don't work well for me. I really need my nebulizer.

3. MsSpongebob

MsSpongebob Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I have two portable ones.

Omron Microair VMT
    http://www.portablenebs.com/

Its totally silent, runs on two AA batteries and is the size of a cell phone. The mesh cap is kind of delicate but I've been using the same mesh cap for 2 years with no problems. I highly reccomend it. You can use all normal asthma meds in it...Xopenex, Albuterol, Atrovent, Intal, Pulmicort

I've also got a PARI Trek
    http://www.pari.com/products/pariTREK.html

I don't think its what you are looking for but just thought I would mention it. It has a battery pack and car adapter. Very rugged and pretty powerful. However it is kind of noisy. I only got this one because I take MucoMyst for my CF and its a really sticky drug and I didn't want to mess the Mesh Cap up on the Omron one.

I think for your criteria the Omron Microair is your best bet. You might also want to look at the AeroNeb Go, I've never used it but it has also gotten good reviews

4. firefly0434

firefly0434 New Member

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Other-Religion
    I have an Omron and I love it. It is super easy to use and has been a real life saver before. I take mine everywhere I go when I am having a rough time you never know when you will need it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.