United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*snip*
No law should be passed to force people to worship or to keep a certain day holy. At the same time the rights of others should be respected and as such, one should not have to worry about not being able to work because of their religious beliefs.
It would be akin to Israel passing a law where everyone in that country would have to observe the Jewish Friday/Saturday Sabbath
[If that were the case, it would be tuff finding a taxi :D]

http://www.christianforums.com/t7462687-30/#post54592260
sabbath for Jews and Gentiles

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Isa 56:
Thus says the LORD:

“ Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath

*notice how the text does not say, I repeat, does not say, blessed is the Jew...

And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the LORD
Speak, saying,

“ The LORD has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,

“ Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the LORD:

“ To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them[a] an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.
6 “ Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants—

EVERYONE who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.”
8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,

“ Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him
.”

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

dude.. I really do not know what u think u proved here, the gentiles were not jews. I could have saved you typing, you are just arguing from absence, everyone knew, INCLUDING THOSE QUOTED, that obviuously the gentiles were not included!:D unless...;) They had to be jewish to partake of feasts and sab. So the psalmist stands, not you.:)

Exodus 12:43-48 And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the statute of the Passover: no foreigner shall eat of it, 44 but every slave that is bought for money may eat of it after you have circumcised him. 45 No foreigner or hired servant may eat of it. 46 It shall be eaten in one house; you shall not take any of the flesh outside the house, and you shall not break any of its bones. 47 All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. 48 If a stranger shall sojourn with you and would keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised. Then he may come near and keep it; he shall be as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well people who think saturday should be the day of rest... what are you doing to support that?
I am not even able to get 40 hours a week at my job, I have to work when I can get the hours
I know many Protestants who view Sunday as the day of rest and can not get that day off, and they would have just as hard a time getting Saturday
also do you follow the practice of saying that the sabbath starts on friday at sunset? because I can tell you right now that I would not be able to get friday night and saturday off...
so if you think saturday is the day of rest then work on laws that help protect it

he can not make the governments listen to him, but he can push this program as a good idea

um most Protestants accept Sunday as the Christian Sabbath, Methodist broke off of the Anglicans so they have a solid foundation as worshiping on sunday

What you are getting into here demonstrates the need for there to be a separation of church and state. Laws should not be based either way except laws for religious freedom. No laws that conflicts with one's religious beliefs should be allowed however the people in the powers to come may very well not see it that way. Don't you think it will be apart of the law to accept the mark of the beast. Don't you think it will be in the law to worship the beast and his image. It such a time as the bible describes In Revelation 13 were to come to pass then the laws of the land must reflect it. Those who reject the mark of the beast keep the commandments of God so in the law there must be something to forbid the keeping of any of God's commandments or endorse the keeping of a man's commandment which violates God's.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
dude.. I really do not know what u think u proved here, the gentiles were not jews. I could have saved you typing, you are just arguing from absence, everyone knew, INCLUDING THOSE QUOTED, that obviuously the gentiles were not included!:D unless...;) They had to be jewish to partake of feasts and sab. So the psalmist stands, not you.:)

Exodus 12:43-48 And the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, “This is the statute of the Passover: no foreigner shall eat of it, 44 but every slave that is bought for money may eat of it after you have circumcised him. 45 No foreigner or hired servant may eat of it. 46 It shall be eaten in one house; you shall not take any of the flesh outside the house, and you shall not break any of its bones. 47 All the congregation of Israel shall keep it. 48 If a stranger shall sojourn with you and would keep the Passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised. Then he may come near and keep it; he shall be as a native of the land. But no uncircumcised person shall eat of it.
Whatever you want to believe but argue with the bible that says 4 feasts will be kept eternally. Check it out for yourself and then try to put a Jewish spin on that. In the millenial it says that any nation that does not go up to Jerusalem once a year will be cursed. That is the feast of tabrinacles, I suppose that is Jewish rather than Gods feast

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Dude you are incorrigible. The verse isn't to the jews. The Lord is straightly telling the gentiles to keep His sabbath. But whatever.

Upvote 0

CryptoLutheran

Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman
Sep 13, 2010
Pacific Northwest
✟12,709.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Whatever you want to believe but argue with the bible that says 4 feasts will be kept eternally. Check it out for yourself and then try to put a Jewish spin on that. In the millenial it says that any nation that does not go up to Jerusalem once a year will be cursed. That is the feast of tabrinacles, I suppose that is Jewish rather than Gods feast

Your argument seems to hinge on the assumption that the Millennium is a literal and future period.

For example, I don't subscribe to Pre-Millennialism, I don't believe there will be a thousand year period where people will go up to a Third Temple, offer sacrifices and celebrate the Jewish Feasts. Nor is that how I read the Prophets.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

what about the jewish temple verses I posted?

literal or symbolic?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Dude you are incorrigible. The verse isn't to the jews. The Lord is straightly telling the gentiles to keep His sabbath. But whatever.

Do you know what a proselyte is?

Did you read the psalm?

Were the Gentiles circumcised?

If they were killed for crossing the wall in the temple, why would they keep the sab?:D

Upvote 0

meadowlark

Aug 4, 2009
Living a life of trust
✟17,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
excuse me, but they had to keep the covenant, that meant become jewish.;)

I always hear about the "one law" for the foreigner,...well..what do u think the one law is? Circumcision, and full compliance to the Mosaic system.

Is 56:4 For thus says the Lord:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose the things that please me
and hold fast my covenant,

6 “And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord,
to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it,
and holds fast my covenant—
The one law for foreigners is they get to be buried in the potters field that was bought with his blood money

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Excellent response there Frogster!

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The one law for foreigners is they get to be buried in the potters field that was bought with his blood money

Hi.What i meant was under old cov, there was one law, under that cov.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

from scratch

Isa 56:
Thus says the LORD:

“ Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,

*notice how the text does not say, I repeat, does not say, blessed is the Jew...

And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the LORD
Speak, saying,

“ The LORD has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,

“ Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the LORD:

“ To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them[a] an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.
6 “ Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants—
EVERYONE who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations
8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,

“ Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
You totally over looked the blue highlighted there Stryder. The stranger that joins himself to the Lord is no longer astranger. And this is strictly OC and does not apply to anything in the NC. Frogster already showed you Ex 12:48 that totally backs this up.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

excuse me, but they had to keep the covenant, that meant become jewish.

I always hear about the "one law" for the foreigner,...well..what do u think the one law is? Circumcision, and full compliance to the Mosaic system.

Is 56:4 For thus says the Lord:
“To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths,
who choose the things that please me
and hold fast my covenant,

6 “And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord,
to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord,
and to be his servants,
everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it,
and holds fast my covenant—

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

well people who think saturday should be the day of rest... what are you doing to support that?
I am not even able to get 40 hours a week at my job, I have to work when I can get the hours
I know many Protestants who view Sunday as the day of rest and can not get that day off, and they would have just as hard a time getting Saturday
also do you follow the practice of saying that the sabbath starts on friday at sunset? because I can tell you right now that I would not be able to get friday night and saturday off...
so if you think saturday is the day of rest then work on laws that help protect it

he can not make the governments listen to him, but he can push this program as a good idea

um most Protestants accept Sunday as the Christian Sabbath, Methodist broke off of the Anglicans so they have a solid foundation as worshiping on sunday
Technically the Sabbath starts when the priest sees the first evening star in Jerusalem. so if you are in the USA you are not observing the same Sabbath. In reality it is already the next day elsewhere. It is also still the previous day elsewhere. The law was meant for a specific locality as well as people.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
You totally over looked the blue highlighted there Stryder. The stranger that joins himself to the Lord is no longer astranger. And this is strictly OC and does not apply to anything in the NC. Frogster already showed you Ex 12:48 that totally backs this up.
This is a telling verse from 56.

7 these I will bring to my holy mountain,
and make them joyful in my house of prayer;
their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
will be accepted on my altar;
for my house shall be called a house of prayer
for all peoples.”

Upvote 0