Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Again show me that it is Jewish and not for all. Also do you not forget that we are grafted in and not a seperate vine? Do you not also claim to be children of Abraham and all the blessings thereof available to you? Cant have it both ways. To deny the Jewishness of our roots is to deny Christ who by the way kept and observed all.

one more thing..
as far as "getting the blessing", the jewish law went to the cross, so we can get it.:)

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us—for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree”— 14 so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith.

My "roots", are not jewish..there is no more of that..

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave [7] nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have it your way but I think you will be very surprised come the millenial when all will go up to Jerusalem and we will be celebrating Gods feasts
My belief is that those on earth will be those that didn't learn law 101. Those who graduated will be ruling from a higher place without the ceremonies in any form. I think there's something abt David ruling (Christ?)

Upvote 0

chestertonrules

Dec 17, 2007
Texas
✟11,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Note the ZENIT News link below:

ZENIT - Pope's Letter on 7th World Family Meeting in '12

I have copied below two key paragraphs #'s 2 & 3, below which give key insights into the Pope's theology and purposes. Note, how in paragraph two, the Pope quotes Genesis 1-2, as a theological basis for Sunday rest and worship for families, but does not mention that in Genesis 2 God created the Sabbath for rest and worship, not Sunday! And then in paragraph 3, the Pope describes Sunday in a Sabbath like fashion, but also describes Sunday as the "day of man", which is fitting since its origin is based in the traditions of churchmen, not God!

"Work and celebration are intimately connected in the life of families: they condition choices, influence relations between married couples and between parents and children, affect the relation of families with society and with the Church. Holy Scripture (cf. Genesis 1-2) tells us that the family, work and the feast day are gifts and blessings of God to help us to live a fully human existence. Daily experience attests that the authentic development of the person includes the individual, familial, and communal dimension, activities and functional relationships, as well as openness to hope and to the Good without limits.

In our days, unfortunately, the organization of labor, conceived and realized in function of market competition and maximizing profit, and the concept of feast as an occasion for escape and consumption, contribute to the break-up of the family and the community and to the spreading of an individualistic lifestyle. Thus, it is necessary to promote reflection and efforts at reconciling the demands and the periods of work with those of the family and to recover the true meaning of the feast, especially on Sunday, the weekly Easter, the day of the Lord and the day of man, the day of the family, of the community and of solidarity."

I think you are missing his point.

Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When you read about the feasts you will see that there are four that will be celebrated forever and in the millenial so yes, we will be doing those things then for sure.
Can you please tell me what those feasts are. I asked steve but he hasn't replyed yet.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
And I suppose the millenium temple will not allow gentiles!:
Just for jewish people?

Ez 44:9 “Thus says the Lord God: No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart and flesh, of all the foreigners who are among the people of Israel, shall enter my sanctuary.

Oh..Levitical laws all over again?^_^

23 They shall teach my people the difference between the holy and the common, and show them how to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.

Oh, and oh yea,,animal sacrifices again.!:doh:

23 And on the seven days of the festival he shall provide as a burnt offering to the Lord seven young bulls and seven rams without blemish, on each of the seven days; and a male goat daily for a sin offering.

This teaching walks all over the atonement, and pushes jewish nationalism..

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK. What do you see as the Pope's main point?
Hint: it had a lot more to do with the unity of the faith than your twisted notion that the Pope is a sabbatarian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Have it your way but I think you will be very surprised come the millenial when all will go up to Jerusalem and we will be celebrating Gods feasts

Gentiles were never given the sabbath.

Psalm 147:19-20 He declares his word to Jacob,
his statutes and rules to Israel.20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation;they do not know his rules. Praise the LORD!

Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

his statutes and rules to Israel.20 He has not dealt thus with any other nation;they do not know his rules. Praise the LORD!
But the disciples were? Yehua only declared that they could eat from Holy things as David did.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Isa 56:
Thus says the LORD:

“ Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath

*notice how the text does not say, I repeat, does not say, blessed is the Jew...

And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”
3 Do not let the son of the foreigner
Who has joined himself to the LORD
Speak, saying,

“ The LORD has utterly separated me from His people”;
Nor let the eunuch say,

“ Here I am, a dry tree.”
4 For thus says the LORD:

“ To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths,
And choose what pleases Me,
And hold fast My covenant,
5 Even to them I will give in My house
And within My walls a place and a name
Better than that of sons and daughters;
I will give them[a] an everlasting name
That shall not be cut off.
6 “ Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants—

EVERYONE who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
7 Even them I will bring to My holy mountain,
And make them joyful in My house of prayer.
Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices
Will be accepted on My altar;
For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations
8 The Lord GOD, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, says,

“ Yet I will gather to him
Others besides those who are gathered to him

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
well people who think saturday should be the day of rest... what are you doing to support that?
I am not even able to get 40 hours a week at my job, I have to work when I can get the hours
I know many Protestants who view Sunday as the day of rest and can not get that day off, and they would have just as hard a time getting Saturday
also do you follow the practice of saying that the sabbath starts on friday at sunset? because I can tell you right now that I would not be able to get friday night and saturday off...
so if you think saturday is the day of rest then work on laws that help protect it

My question is how is the papacy going to be able to get anyone outside his church to listen... let alone obey his dictates? Can he make governments enforce his ruling in this matter?
he can not make the governments listen to him, but he can push this program as a good idea

Why are you are not you a Protestant Methodist not raising your voice in objection to the suggestions of the Papacy that people worldwide should be resting on Sunday, and working on Saturday?!! Sabbath is the only day in the Bible where there is a commandment that says to rest on the 7th day. Are you really a Protestant, or are you really a bedfellow of Rome?
um most Protestants accept Sunday as the Christian Sabbath, Methodist broke off of the Anglicans so they have a solid foundation as worshiping on sunday

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hint: it had a lot more to do with the unity of the faith than your twisted notion that the Pope is a sabbatarian.
If I am not mistaken, don't the SDAs use Daniel 7 to symbolize the Roman Pope :confused:

False prophets in Daniel in the Bible. Revived Roman Empire, Beast of the Apocalypse of Mark, and Antiochus the Selucid Greek

[Rotherham] Dan 7:25 and words against the Most High will he speak and, the holy ones of the Highest will he afflict,--and he will hope to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand, for a season and seasons and the dividing of a season

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If I am not mistaken, don't the SDAs use Daniel 7 to symbolize the Roman Pope :confused:
Yes, they do - even though Daniel 7's fourth beast exists concurrent with the previous 3 and has its dominion taken away along with the others at the same time. The lion isn't Babylon, and the fourth beast isn't Rome. Daniel 2 shows another succession of kingdoms that replace one another, and the Roman legs of iron have been replaced by the feet that don't mix before the second advent. Rome is no more, having been replaced by the European nations. SDAs also build a case on the little horn in Daniel 8, never noting his lineage traced from Greece, and not Rome at all. Their model of eschatology is simply incompetent.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
6 “ Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants—

EVERYONE who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant—
Which covenant is referred to here?
This verse has absolutely no application in the Christian dispensation.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, they do - even though Daniel 7's fourth beast exists concurrent with the previous 3 and has its dominion taken away along with the others at the same time. Their model of eschatology is simply incompetent.
:)
Did anyone notice the the assembly of Thyatira in Revelation is the "4th" Assembly :idea:
I have a fairly lengthy study on it :blush:

Matthew 17:5 Still of Him speaking, behold! a cloud, luminous, over-shadows them.
And behold! a Voice out of the cloud saying "this is the Son of Me, the Beloved, in whom I delight, be ye hearing Him!".
[Deut 18]

Revelation 2:18 And to the messenger of the Out-called in Thyatira, write thou!
Now this is saying the Son of the God, the One having the eyes of Him as flame of fire, and the feet of Him as to burnished-brass.

And so does this commentator:

Kindgdom Bible Studies Revelation Series

The church in Thyatira has a longer message delivered to it from Jesus Christ than any of the seven churches............

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
well people who think saturday should be the day of rest... what are you doing to support that?
I am not even able to get 40 hours a week at my job, I have to work when I can get the hours
I know many Protestants who view Sunday as the day of rest and can not get that day off, and they would have just as hard a time getting Saturday
Actually I've had to pass up several jobs in my lifetime and have had to pass on a FT position at a particular job because I couldn't work on the sabbath. But God blessed me. It's been hard at times, but no sacrifice is to great to remain obedient to the word of God.

also do you follow the practice of saying that the sabbath starts on friday at sunset?
Yup

because I can tell you right now that I would not be able to get friday night and saturday off...
so if you think saturday is the day of rest then work on laws that help protect it
No law should be passed to force people to worship or to keep a certain day holy. At the same time the rights of others should be respected and as such, one should not have to worry about not being able to work because of their religious beliefs.

Upvote 0