1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pope says you don't have to believe in God to be saved

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by Svt4Him, Sep 12, 2013.

1. everready

everready Guest

The pope also says that mother church cleanses us from our sins.. I'm quite sure the blaspheme will continue to get worse from here on out, it should be obvious by now, this man is fulfilling Prophecy..

Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Pope's Mass: The Church is our Mother. She cleanses us of our sins

2. RychusRkr

RychusRkr Guest

not.

I want to believe this, would like to believe this when I think of the billions in history who have died without ever hearing the good news of Jesus. But the WHOLE purpose of the bible story is to teach the fall of man from a state of fellowship with God to a lost state of separation. The ONLY way a person can get reconciled to God is to receive the born again experience by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for us in his death and resurrection. There is not going to members of the kingdom of darkness, which all human beings on earth are and were unless they were reconciled to God through faith in Jesus Christ, in heaven. That is why we are COMMANDED by Jesus to preach this good news to EVERY CREATURE. There is no person who can merit heaven on his good works or following his conscience or any balony like that. We got to quit believing religious fairy tales and just make up convenient truths to accomadate our silly thinking and we need to just get out there and TELL EVERYONE JESUS LOVES, THEM, DIED AND ROSE AGAIN FOR THEM. The bible says they will make a decision and that decision to receive Him or not will decide their eternal destiny. The default is hell, sorry to say but thats the way it is. everyone who has not accepted Jesus, either by deciding not to or not hearing about it is going to hell.. that's bible.

3. Galilee63

Galilee63 Newbie

Faith:
    Catholic
    Hi Lismore,

There were many reasons Jesus died on His Cross for God The Most High which include of course the Salvation of peoples souls in Jesus/God's Holy Will; one of these being for the opportunity for souls to be given, in Jesus and God's Holy Will - "Mercy" - Jesus' Divine Mercy of which God The Most High told His Apostles BC, 'that The Messiah would be forthcoming to give "Mercy" to sinners'.

Few people appear to mention what God The Most High stated to His Apostles BC in relation to The Messiah that would be forthcoming from Him, down to Earth, ie Jesus' Mercy yet all made a great deal clearer when Jesus appeared to Saint Faustina and released to the world/mankind His Divine Mercy that had been available for souls and people since Jesus died on His Holy Cross and Ascended into Heaven.

(God The Most High prophesied about Jesus' Mercy to His Apostles BC).

Love and kindest wishes your Sister in Jesus Christ our Saviour

4. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie

Faith:
    Messianic
    It is interesting to note that one of the most ethical political leaders mentioned in scripture....... did NOT really know the God of Abraham.

Douay-Rheims Catholic Bible, Prophecy Of Isaias (Isaiah) Chapter 45

Thus saith the Lord to my anointed Cyrus, whose right hand I have taken hold of, to subdue nations before his face, and to turn the backs of kings, and to open the doors before him, and the gates shall not be shut................ For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have made a likeness of thee, and thou hast not known me. [5] I am the Lord, and there is none else: there is no God, besides me: I girded thee, and thou hast not known me: