Pope Francis takes 12 Syrian migrants back to the Vatican

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Pope Francis has taken 12 Syrian migrants back with him to the Vatican after visiting a camp on the Greek island of Lesbos.

The three families, including six children, boarded the papal jet as the pontiff departed following his trip.

The Vatican said in a statement that Pope Francis wanted to "make a gesture of welcome'' to the refugees.

Thousands of migrants are now stuck on Lesbos after last month's EU-Turkey deal to try to ease the flow.

He earlier told migrants living in the Moria camp "you are not alone".

Migrant crisis: Pope returns from Greece with 12 refugees - BBC News

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Good question. I assume some must be Muslim, wouldn't be surprised if all of them are, the Pope wouldn't want to be accused of Islamophobia or lack of diversity or bigotry etc.
Yet, is not our first duty to our Christian brethren rather than non-believers?

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also wonder if they were picked at random at the spur of the moment or were they vetted? Maybe we will find out....
All refugees should be vetted. That's been the entire problem with this enterprise in Europe. Luckily, the US vets our refugees and we don't take more than we can handle or are prepared for. The US has a good system in place.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟612,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That was my point....Europe has been taking everyone without vetting.....the Vatican would do well to do the same if they want to set an example.....
All refugees should be vetted. That's been the entire problem with this enterprise in Europe. Luckily, the US vets our refugees and we don't take more than we can handle or are prepared for. The US has a good system in place.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would generally say no, but the christians there seem to be in an even more dire situation, so you would think there would be greater effort to help them, even from non-christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,780.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That was my point....Europe has been taking everyone without vetting.....the Vatican would do well to do the same if they want to set an example.....
I wonder why you are able to vet all refugees while europe is having some problems with that.

Might have something to do with the atlantic ocean.

Upvote 0