Pope encourages breastfeeding in church.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Hurrah!

"Pope Francis has told mothers to freely breastfeed their hungry infants while in Church, as the pontiff baptized 28 babies in the Sistine Chapel to mark the feast of the Baptism of Jesus Christ."
Pope Francis encourages breastfeeding in church

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not a fan of this idea to be honest. So I have to shake hands with breastfeeders at peace-exchange time? :)
Sigh.....I think breastfeeding when a child is hungry is common sense. I think shaking hands is not critical dont u think?

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It doesn't bother me if they cover themselves while doing it. But it would be a distraction for me if a woman just whips it out without a care.
I suspect shes more concerned for the crying baby disturbing everyone in church, as opposed to your possible discomfort.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I suspect shes more concerned for the crying baby disturbing everyone in church, as opposed to your possible discomfort.
It's about more than just my personal discomfort, but I'm not going to attempt to explain it further.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,575.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe many heterosexual males find a woman breastfeeding a child sexually arousing. Humans are intelligent creatures and healthy men are not turned on by watching women give birth, or breastfeed, or have gynecological exams.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe many heterosexual males find a woman breastfeeding a child sexually arousing. Humans are intelligent creatures and healthy men are not turned on by watching women give birth, or breastfeed, or have gynecological exams.
But the sight of a woman's naked breasts, that in itself, will cause sexual arousal in most men. The fashion industry knows this and exploits it by making dresses that reveal a lot of cleavage. So I think it's okay if a woman breastfeeds in public if they cover their body while doing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Maybe not in your parish but mine is rather conservative. Lots of 50 plus aged parishioners.
You would think that they would be mature enough to handle it, then. Guess not. Kids in wrinkled bodies.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe not in your parish but mine is rather conservative. Lots of 50 plus aged parishioners.
Same here. It is no big deal. It's natural. Baby has to eat and it is not scandalous or germy.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Same here. It is no big deal. It's natural. Baby has to eat and it is not scandalous or germy.
Those old people were likely breastfed.

raw

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,670,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those old people were likely breastfed.

raw
Breast feeding in public is easily done. Just have a blanket handy. If someone finds it offensive, then that's their problem. Breastfeeding is prolife!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Not a fan of this idea to be honest. So I have to shake hands with breastfeeders at peace-exchange time? :)
So let's say they have milk on their hands. Have you ever had problems with milk before?

Upvote 0