benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
That really is the truth. Me and my family members were just talking about how the liberals will say our poor here live rich compared to 3rd worlds. Well, a) we aren't third world and b) they want poor to buy into that as if they want them content being poor. Tell them they're not poor and they'll believe it. So they can go on being rich. What happened to demos being for the little guy? Its not no more.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
That really is the truth. Me and my family members were just talking about how the liberals will say our poor here live rich compared to 3rd worlds. Well, a) we aren't third world and b) they want poor to buy into that as if they want them content being poor. Tell them they're not poor and they'll believe it. So they can go on being rich. What happened to demos being for the little guy? Its not no more.
They're only for the little guy when they want their vote. Otherwise to them the little guy is a selfish racist bigot for complaining about globalist trade deals and mass immigration depressing his wages and dividing his community.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Both posts i agree with.

Poverty went up and up under Obama.
It was predictable - and even ignored after the fact.

Yet the democrats are filthy rich. And they actually have nerve talking about the republicans.

I know more poor folks who love republicans now than dems.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They're only for the little guy when they want their vote. Otherwise to them the little guy is a selfish racist bigot for complaining about globalist trade deals and mass immigration depressing his wages and dividing his community.
Gosh, how come everyone can't see this? Its so apparent.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Both posts i agree with.

Yet the democrats are filthy rich. And they actually have nerve talking about the republicans.

You in PA? You better get them all on the Trump train. People need jobs.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Both posts i agree with.

I'm in the UK. And over here, we managed to win the vote to leave the EU. How? Because of a great alliance between social conservatives and the working class across the country who have seen their wages shrink from mass immigration, and their jobs lost through globalisation, and manufacturing industries destroyed.

Let's hope that same alliance takes form in the USA.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You in PA? You better get them all on the Trump train. People need jobs.
Believe it or not ---- PA is 'TRUMP' BY 2% - A BLUE STATE - imagine that. :D

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm in the UK. And over here, we managed to win the vote to leave the EU. How? Because of a great alliance between social conservatives and the working class across the country who have seen their wages shrink from mass immigration, and their jobs lost through globalisation, and manufacturing industries destroyed.

Let's hope that same alliance takes form in the USA.
And the 20 year old Bernie supporters who won't vote Trump, stay home. Hey is it true the 16 year olds can vote there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,558.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you think Bernie is going to pull a Ted Cruz at the convention, think again. In the first place, Bernie is in it for his principles, not self-aggrandizement.

In the second place, the demographics are with the Democrats. Our country is getting more racially and culturally diverse and secular. Younger people also tend to vote Democratic. And because we have 5% of the world's population and 20% of its incarcerated--often for non-violent offenses, we also have ex-felons.

So far, the Republican reaction to this trend is to:
  • enact voter repression laws in red states;
  • gerrymander Congressional districts to favor Republican candidates;
  • applaud when the conservative-majority Supreme Court takes most of the teeth out of the Voting Rights Act;
  • applaud when the conservative-majority Supreme Court allows unlimited outside money to be spent on campaigns--without revealing who's funding the ads;
  • turn their backs at media mega-mergers designed to limit the points of view to which people are exposed;
  • oppose voting for rehabilitated felons;
  • propose building a wall to keep out immigrants and shut our doors to refugees.
If we can hold the line or reverse it, in 2020 the voting populace will be even more favorable for progressives--and Bernie can be the elder statesman, the progressive emeritus.

If conservatives are appointed to the Supreme Court, they will continue to tinker with voter suppression. Who knows? We could have a return to literacy tests and poll taxes. And Republicans will continue to try to delay the inevitable.

I really don't think Hillary needs to do anything in the White House before 2020--just get us to 2020 without a Supreme Court that continues to rob us of our freedoms, especially the right to vote.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟438,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So Fantine, are you under the same misguided - well in your case misguided [not in Hillarys] opinion that bringing in 100,000 more refugees is the answer?
Killary wants to do that.

The problem is - the gross number in Europe has begun a revolution there.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,558.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Current refugees undergo a two to three year screening process. Given the tight safeguards we are practicing, I think we could err on the side of compassion and do our part in the global community to help people in crisis.

I'm not sure who Killary is. Do you mean Secretary Clinton?

Certainly if we, as a society, are besieged with demagogues preaching hatred of refugees, we will not have the right environment for accommodating them and assimilating them into our society.

Upvote 0

Sultan Of Swing

Jan 4, 2015
✟9,476.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
And the 20 year old Bernie supporters who won't vote Trump, stay home. Hey is it true the 16 year olds can vote there?
Nah, 16 year olds can't vote here... yet. In the Scottish independence referendum they were allowed to, yes.

Reactions: benedictaoo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,558.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Bernie was my first choice, and I respect him because he is making the right choice for America.

And did you really think Trump would be my second choice?

I'd put Jill Stein and Gary Johnson before Trump, followed by the write-in option.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bernie was my first choice, and I respect him because he is making the right choice for America.

And did you really think Trump would be my second choice?

I'd put Jill Stein and Gary Johnson before Trump, followed by the write-in option.
Don't do any of those things in your last sentence. You'd be basically handing your vote to Trump if you did...

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,558.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't do any of those things in your last sentence. You'd be basically handing your vote to Trump if you did...
Don't worry. I absolutely plan to follow Bernie's advice.

I might even work in phone banks for Hillary, but I would rather be calling swing states (with my New York accent) than waste my time trying to change a state that's gone over to the dark side.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't worry. I absolutely plan to follow Bernie's advice.

I might even work in phone banks for Hillary, but I would rather be calling swing states (with my New York accent) than waste my time trying to change a state that's gone over to the dark side.
...state that's gone over to the dark side...

I don't think it's that bad, Fantine. Is some of it kooky? Sure. But to call the entire state culture/laws "the dark side" is going way too far. Oklahoma and the rest of the South is NOT evil, just because we hold a lot of traditional/Christian values. :mad:

Off topic: Way to go! You just got a Texan to defend Oklahoma! :swoon:^_^

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Is this news? Populist politician goes for the poorer segment? We Europeans have been doing this for decades! You're lagging behind, America!

Both posts i agree with.

Well, he did have a global economic crisis to contend with and even a nation as all-encompassing as America doesn't act in economic isolation.

The Obama administration, by the way, has created over eight million jobs, six times as much as the Bush administration. If you're going to credit him with singlehandedly running the world economy you ought to credit him for this as well.

Actually, voting and income are an interesting combination. Here's a few facts:

- White people tend to overwhelmingly vote for Republicans.
- The higher the income is, the more likely someone is to vote republican. The over $50,000 income bracket is mostly republican. This stays until you get to the $200,000 bracket where there is a small democratic minority.
- Education is a strong predictor. In general, the higher someone's education levels are, the more likely they are to vote democrat. The 2008 and 2012 elections were odd ducks, though, because the people most likely to vote for Obama were either High school dropouts or postgrads...
- In general, poor white people vote for republicans and wealthy ethnic minorities will vote for democrats.

Source

I'm a little surpised you're so hung up on politicians pandering for votes. Yeah, the democrats do it. The republicans do it to. They want you to vote for them. Is that such a terrible thing?

Upvote 0