Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to Pew Research, Latinos, as do most Catholic voters, have doubts about the Republican candidate's commitment to pro-life issues and other areas identified by the U.S. bishops as being of paramount concern.

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/51297/d#.WApcsEb3bCQ

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
According to Pew Research, Latinos, as do most Catholic voters, have doubts about the Republican candidate's commitment to pro-life issues and other areas identified by the U.S. bishops as being of paramount concern.

Continued below.
http://m.ncregister.com/51297/d#.WApcsEb3bCQ

in reading the article it sounds like there's two major problems;
1. communication: the things that Latinos and Trump agree upon aren't being widely discussed or reported in a clear fashion. the two are speaking passed each other.
2. lack of a solid record on pro-life.
3 at this point there's not much that can be done unless this group of potential voters is directly targeted in a meaningful way.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1. communication: the things that Latinos and Trump agree upon aren't being widely discussed or reported in a clear fashion. the two are speaking passed each other.
they're speaking passed each other? no, trump has spoken directly to them and they're (rightfully) disgusted...

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
in reading the article it sounds like there's two major problems;
2. lack of a solid record on pro-life.
3 at this point there's not much that can be done unless this group of potential voters is directly targeted in a meaningful way.
What are the things Latinos and Trump agree on? Do you think those points of agreement outweigh the bits where Trump implied most of them are criminals who should be deported?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am astonished that Trump has 19% of the Latino vote. I understand how he can have the support of Cubans and others, Salvadorans for example, who were welcomed to the United States as refugees and aren't able to empathize with the fear and uncertainty that immigrants who couldn't qualify for refugee status face. For immigrants who had refugee status, immigration issues aren't a matter of their family's survival.

I would never expect any voter of any nationality who was facing a survival issue in his family to sacrifice his family's survival to support gay marriage bans or the rights of religious orders to refuse to attest in writing to what they shout from the rooftops in public. I believe that love for and desire to protect our family is written into our DNA by God.

In the case of Catholic Hispanic voters who aren't abiding by the more extreme voters' guides out there (e.g. Catholic Answers), I believe it's because protecting their families is written into their DNA by God.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,939.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know lots of good Catholic progressives, including nuns and priests. While they probably are registered as independent, there is no doubt where their hearts lie. Dare I say many of you are unfaithful to Faithful Citizenship?

There are so many ways to measure faithfulness other than voting. What happens the other day 364 days of the year is a more accurate barometer.

Upvote 0