Poll: Christians, what is your opinion on Atheists?

What do you think of atheists?

• They are evil, immoral human beings. They deserve to go to hell. It takes "Faith" to be an Atheist.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Their beliefs are based on nothing. It takes "Faith" to be an Atheist. I don't like them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Their beliefs are based on something, but they are wrong. I'll allow them in society, but avoid.

• Their position is based on something, but they are wrong. I still love them, and accept them.

• Their position is based on something strong, I disagree, but can't prove it. I accept, and love them

• Their position is strong, but they are wrong. I love them, and appreciate they seek the truth.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I do not care about their position, it doesn't change what I think of them. I love them, and accept.

• They are simply wrong.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • They haven't read the bible, or haven't attempted to have a relationship with god.

• Other(specify)

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
On the contrary, if it's a forum for professing the validity of Christianity, am I not well within my right to question this claim?

As well, this is not so I can convince you out of your beliefs, I have responded to a few threads that are specifically asking questions on behalf of christianity, one where someone asked about the holy spirit, did I respond telling him I don't believe the holy spirit exists? No, I did what I thought was best, and linked him the site-accessible bible resource, so that he could make up his own mind.

I am here to better understand others, and my own beliefs, if I come here and feel I have been adequately disproven, that helps me tremendously in figuring out what I personally believe to be true. I have done this as well, look at my posts, I am not just blindly saying I am correct, I follow the order of the argument, someone responds to my argument, I respond to that one, I don't respond with a completely unrelated one, in attemps of distracting that one, this is shows you if I were simply pushing my own agenda, I would use distraction arguments, whenever I can't find anything adequate to reply back, in order to say "I don't know what I should say, but i'm right anyways", that's what would be the case if I were pushing my own agenda, which I am not.

I thank you for explaining a little more about yourself. I have to laugh, I am not a very good English student, but your last sentence is the longest run-on sentence I have ever read. By no means am I good at spelling or grammar, I just kept looking for a period and never found one to the end. Feel free to point out my goof ups and we both can hey haw about it.

About what you believe or in your case don't believe, we can exchange our different thinking about God, or what no god is. But Neither one is likely to change the other's mind. However belittling or name calling is stupid. In my belief I am just to present information, and in my belief the Holy Spirit is the one to give you the nudge to seek more about Jesus. I think John chapter 3 pretty much gives me some directions about this.

If you have something to ask without wanting a snarky retort, I am ok with that. I only get defensive when civil rights are involved.

Upvote 0

DanSeeker1

Jan 6, 2016
ohio
✟15,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have relatives that used to be Christian but are now atheists or humanists. It makes me really sad, because I worry about their afterlife. I don't really know where anyone is going to end up. I do believe a hell exists, but I'm not really certain what it's going to be like. I hope it's not too bad, because I'm not so certain that I won't end up there. I know that only God knows who is going where.
The quickest way to hell is to be in fear of it.

The quickest way to invite the devil into your life is to be in of fear of him.

The goal is to establish a relationship with God. One that is joyful and loving. You are not going be able to do this if you focus all on the "bad" stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DanSeeker1

Jan 6, 2016
ohio
✟15,167.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have relatives that used to be Christian but are now atheists or humanists. It makes me really sad, because I worry about their afterlife. I don't really know where anyone is going to end up. I do believe a hell exists, but I'm not really certain what it's going to be like. I hope it's not too bad, because I'm not so certain that I won't end up there. I know that only God knows who is going where.
The quickest way to hell is be in fear of going there.
The surest way to get the devil and evil in your life is to worry about it.
Why not put you focus upon the Lord instead?

Edit:

It seems I made an accidental duplicate post.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a feeling I missed a lot of them, so feel free to specify below! :p

Hello Heat,

I responded to your poll with a choice of "other." I take more of a Kantian type approach to the issue of generic theistic belief (or unbelief), and I deem atheism to be more or less a default position the mind takes when a person doesn't perceive that they've received adequate information to value a theistic perspective.

However, I also differentiate between someone who is a typical, run-of-the-mill atheist from one who is outright anti-theistic and overtly antagonistic to religion. The former is more an epistemological problem, whereas the latter is more an ethics/morality problem.

Peace
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0