tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UOTE="tulc, post: 69605519, member: 2724"]Simple facts aren't indicting anything, they're just facts to help people form an opinion. :wave:
tulc(likes facts a lot) :)

That is what I thought you said in a much earlier post. That's why I said, "I thought you said that these stats weren't an indictment of the police, just informational." :scratch:

However when I reviewed your early posts I found that indeed you were indicting the police for these killings, citing inflammatory headlines along with the tally.[/QUOTE]

So you didn't find anywhere that I said I was indicting the police, you just didn't care for some of the headlines of the articles I used? You do know I didn't actually write those, right? :scratch:
tulc(wonders if it would just be easier to admit you have no evidence rather then keep digging a deeper hole?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...except apparently in this thread? :scratch:
tulc(is going to need more coffee soon)

I would rather make comments in this thread, about the limitations inherent of the content of the thread.

I will say again; do police sometimes use lethal force when they should not? Absolutely. Do police have many situations when lethal force is called for? Absolutely.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you didn't find anywhere that I said I was indicting the police, you just didn't care for some of the headlines of the articles I used? You do know I didn't actually write those, right? :scratch:
tulc(wonders if it would just be easier to admit you have no evidence rather then keep digging a deeper hole?) :sorry:

I'm not interested in fighting with you, as we generally agree, but I think your direct critical comments in posts 33, 34, 36, 38, and 47 (I stopped there) add up an indictment of both the officers that do the shootings and those who protect them. Or did I misunderstand somehow?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not interested in fighting with you, as we generally agree, but I think your direct critical comments in posts 33, 34, 36, 38, and 47 (I stopped there) add up an indictment of both the officers that do the shootings and those who protect them.
...wouldn't the bolded portion be pretty much where the problem lies? People who are protecting rather then investigating whether or not a shooting is a good one or a bad one? I simply want the facts of the cases to be known. One fact which, until recently, we were not even aware of was how many people were killed each year by the police. That's the main reason I started this thread. :wave:

Or did I misunderstand somehow?
I think we both tend to have a passion for certain subjects and it can often make us a little...unsure? of why others do what they do? How about this: you let me know when you feel I've stopped supplying facts and am instead preaching and I'll honestly explain why I'm either not or I'll remove the post. Deal? :wave:
tulc(likes the part in your post where you said: "as we generally agree"!) :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: aieyiamfu
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...wouldn't the bolded portion be pretty much where the problem lies? People who are protecting rather then investigating whether or not a shooting is a good one or a bad one? I simply want the facts of the cases to be known. One fact which, until recently, we were not even aware of was how many people were killed each year by the police. That's the main reason I started this thread. :wave:

I think we both tend to have a passion for certain subjects and it can often make us a little...unsure? of why others do what they do? How about this: you let me know when you feel I've stopped supplying facts and am instead preaching and I'll honestly explain why I'm either not or I'll remove the post. Deal? :wave:
tulc(likes the part in your post where you said: "as we generally agree"!) :oldthumbsup:
Deal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Delaware faults police but no charges in shooting of black man

Thu May 12, 2016 5:34pm EDT -- The Delaware Department of Justice criticized the conduct of Wilmington police who shot dead a wheelchair-bound black man last year, but decided against filing criminal charges against any officers in the death of 28-year-old Jeremy McDole.

The report singled out one officer for "extraordinarily poor police work" and said he should be removed from any job requiring him to carry a gun in public.

Felony charges against that officer were warranted but the state opted against prosecution upon determining it was unlikely to convict him at trial, according to the report.

- Source

He shot a guy who was in a wheelchair, he was told by the Delaware DoJ that charges are warranted and that he should never be allowed to carry a gun in public, but he is still unlikey to be convicted at trial? What kind of jurors do they have in Delaware?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Shout out to the cops for police week. Hopefully we can work towards getting you guys the training, staffing and equipment you need to do your jobs without having to pull the trigger so much. Thanks for putting yourself in harms way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.