✟622,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/infant-responsible-grenade-thrown-face/
The toddler was in the way. It makes me desire to vomit. This problem goes far deeper than the police.

If this story was combined with the one I posted about the Indian man, they could say that there was a language barrier (toddler didn't understand what "drop the pacifier" meant) and the toddler didn't respond to commands in a timely manner causing the officers to "fear for their lives", and to act accordingly.

Upvote 0

aieyiamfu

Nov 13, 2015
✟27,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It sure does! It "amuses" me when the justification for all of these incidents is "officer safety". For some reason, I thought it was their job to keep us safe, but it somehow got twisted around to where it is now their privilege to injure or kill us for their safety.

Their job is to keep the law safe no matter how small or imaginary the threat (like toddlers).

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do not know of a single "empire" that has not oppressed and sought to dominate the working class for the elites prosperity. History repeats itself, and it is Americas turn. America is only some 200 years old so this is the first time in Her history the elite class is trying to dominate their working class peasants, but this has happened in every nation in the world for thousands of years. Those in power seek to remain in power by abusing that power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
US police have killed 1090 people in 2015
http://www.killedbypolice.net/
a total of 85 people were killed by US police in November
Ranging in age from 6 to 69 years old
tulc(police have killed 4 people in December)

Do these figures include the two shooters who killed 14 people and wounded 17 others, and may well have intended to kill others? Because that is an example of police taking the lives of exceedingly evil people in order to secure the lives of others.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I cannot possibly see how anyone could regard the shooting of such individuals as objectionable. Regrettable, but required for the safety of others.

It isn't the point of this thread to determine which of these killings were justified or not justified, based on the evidence, that much is clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I cannot possibly see how anyone could regard the shooting of such individuals as objectionable. Regrettable, but required for the safety of others.

If you'd like to discuss this you there are several threads where you can do so. :wave:
tulc(encourages you to participate in them) :)

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
It is in my opinion germane to insist that the majority of police shootings you document in this thread should be received with a sense of relief. There have been some wrongful and even unlawful incidents, but I think in general these figures should be viewed with a sense of reassurance.

One shooting in your list for example occurred in Cottonwood, AZ, not far from St. Anthony's Monastery. Thereon, a malicious family gang from Idaho skilled hand combat tactics, inckuding resisting taser shots, attacked police investigating a disturbance they had caused at a Wal-Mart, shooting one officer in the leg. The lives of their own 15 and 11 year old children were put in extreme danger. One member of that family was killed, and the rest with thr exception of the children, were prosecuted.

On my opinion it is germane to the topic to ask you to clarify the statistics you post each month so as to differentiate between lawful protective or self-defense shootings such as the examples I have cited, and unlawful incidents such as the recent incident in Chicago, and incidents of greater ambiguity.

What is more, if you were to outline the reasons for the shooting and the crime the persons shot were suspected of having committed, this would further clear things up.

I would guess that fewer than fifty people, at most, are wrongfully killed by US police each year.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is in my opinion germane to insist that the majority of police shootings you document in this thread should be received with a sense of relief. There have been some wrongful and even unlawful incidents, but I think in general these figures should be viewed with a sense of reassurance.

One shooting in your list for example occurred in Cottonwood, AZ, not far from St. Anthony's Monastery. Thereon, a malicious family gang from Idaho skilled hand combat tactics, inckuding resisting taser shots, attacked police investigating a disturbance they had caused at a Wal-Mart, shooting one officer in the leg. The lives of their own 15 and 11 year old children were put in extreme danger. One member of that family was killed, and the rest with thr exception of the children, were prosecuted.

On my opinion it is germane to the topic to ask you to clarify the statistics you post each month so as to differentiate between lawful protective or self-defense shootings such as the examples I have cited, and unlawful incidents such as the recent incident in Chicago, and incidents of greater ambiguity.

What is more, if you were to outline the reasons for the shooting and the crime the persons shot were suspected of having committed, this would further clear things up.

I would guess that fewer than fifty people, at most, are wrongfully killed by US police each year.

At this point, most folks realize the devil is in the details of these shootings.

The other thing is, most folks also realize, the shock value is in the raw numbers, not in whether the shooting was justified.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
At this point, most folks realize the devil is in the details of these shootings.

The other thing is, most folks also realize, the shock value is in the raw numbers, not in whether the shooting was justified.

What is shocking is that in our society, there exist people predisposed to such criminality. This is perhaps the fault of society as a whole in many cases, but in my opinion this thread should clarify the details I have outlined so as to avoid coming across as an anti-police smear.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is shocking is that in our society, there exist people predisposed to such criminality. This is perhaps the fault of society as a whole in many cases, but in my opinion this thread should clarify the details I have outlined so as to avoid coming across as an anti-police smear.

Like I said, the ideology behind the thread is obvious.

Take it for what it is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.