somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
strange how the anti-government right wingers invariably defend the government under these circumstances
Perhaps it's because we judge the individuals before we judge the group...? Of course some groups are bad throughout. But not all are.

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps it's because we judge the individuals before we judge the group...? Of course some groups are bad throughout. But not all are.

but people should be consistent in the application of their principles, assuming they have any

Upvote 0

HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/...uards-beat-Samuel-Harrell-to-death-No-justice

19 prisoners signed affidavits stating they saw guards beat Samuel Harrell to death; no justice

Nineteen different inmates at New York's Fishkill Correctional Facility saw guards beat Samuel Harrell to death. In a painfully thorough new article by Michael Winerip and Michael Schwirtz of the New York Times, inmates describe a living hell on earth not just for Harrell, but for so many of his peers who are locked far away in the poorly managed prison, out of sight of both true scrutiny and compassion.

SNIP

Like Eric Garner before him, the coroner ruled Harrell's death a homicide. In other words, he wouldn't have died on his own had guards not killed him.

Yet, in spite of it all, zero prison guards have even been suspended over this. Nobody has lost a job. Obviously, nobody has been arrested.

This may be hard to imagine, because life outside of prison walls is mighty unjust nowadays, but some of the most evil, brutal, horrific injustice in the history of our nation happens in our nation's jails and prisons.

It's ugly. It's America, baby.

right wingers often condemn government suppression unless it is under these circumstances when they suddenly do silent

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private

No they don't and I am really tired of this line.

The stories of blacks being killed start off by police enforcing the law over a minor violation that quickly becomes escalated by the offender trying to kill the officer. With rare exceptions that are prosecuted, police do not kill blacks because they walked on the street. Police kill people who try to kill them. They do not kill them over nothing, being attacked as a law enforcement agent is not "nothing."

The problem is that there is a segment of the black population that believe you can do whatever you want and it's fine if you go to jail over it, but you shouldn't be killed over it. You can read about this in the news when a perp has a shoot out with police and the family responds with "Why did they have to kill him?" What is at the root of things like blacklivesmatter is the belief that you can do whatever you want and should never be shot. They believe you can shoot at officers and somehow the officer is obliged to not shoot you, but let you run away and then find a way to capture you can take you to jail later.

What people need to focus on is telling blacks to stop attacking police officers. Millions of law abiding blacks take their speeding tickets every day or deal with police obnoxiousness by responding appropriately, not by trying to kill cops.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
US police have killed 742 people in 2015
http://www.killedbypolice.net/
tulc(58 in August)

What would be interesting is knowing "X number of people saved by police having killed 742 people in 2015."

We know that if 742 people were killed, then legal force was necessary and the alternative was necessary. We could assume that some officer could run away, meaning not necessarily 742 would die.

That would also mean we'd live in a world where anyone who threatened police could do whatever they wanted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What would be interesting is knowing "X number of people saved by police having killed 742 people in 2015."
what we can say with certainty: none of these people will be doing anything, good or bad, from now on.

We know that if 742 people were killed, then legal force was necessary and the alternative was necessary.
Really? Like this one: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/24/cop-accidentally-shot-woman-back-work/70406706/
the officer was trying to shoot the family dog but ended up killing the wife instead. How was this force necessary?
or this one a man killed for "walking with a purpose"?:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...king-with-a-purpose-towards-her-10312095.html
Apparently owning a dog and "walking with a purpose" are capitol crimes?

We could assume that some officer could run away, meaning not necessarily 742 would die.
I'm...not actually sure what this even means. :sorry:

That would also mean we'd live in a world where anyone who threatened police could do whatever they wanted.
truthfully people don't have to even threaten police to get killed. :sigh:
tulc(needs more coffee) :(

Reactions: Cactus Jack
Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
what we can say with certainty: none of these people will be doing anything, good or bad, from now on.

And we can say with certainty they almost all if not all did something really bad to someone which got them killed.

Really? Like this one: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/03/24/cop-accidentally-shot-woman-back-work/70406706/
the officer was trying to shoot the family dog but ended up killing the wife instead.

The dog was going to attack him and he defended himself and she was shot by accident.
Why is this an issue for you? It was an accident and determined to be an accident. Cops have car accidents.

How was this force necessary?

Because the dog was charging him. What do you prefer he do? Ask the dog nicely to not attack him?

or this one a man killed for "walking with a purpose"?:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...king-with-a-purpose-towards-her-10312095.html
Apparently owning a dog and "walking with a purpose" are capitol crimes?

Cops are not judges enforcing punishment. They do not dispense justice. They will kill you if you try to kill them. I do not see the issue. They are enforcing laws. In the first case one was defending him and accident shot someone in the process which is extremely unfortunate - and that is why we have laws and investigations. I am wondering how things work in your head - if you kill someone by accident - you are guilty of murder? That's why we have courts.

truthfully people don't have to even threaten police to get killed. :sigh:
tulc(needs more coffee) :(

You have to threaten a police officer to be lawfully killed. There are no laws that say police can kill people if they feel like it.
If a police officer kills someone by accident, they have to show there was no negligence.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And we can say with certainty they almost all if not all did something really bad to someone which got them killed.

The dog was going to attack him and he defended himself and she was shot by accident.
Why is this an issue for you? It was an accident and determined to be an accident. Cops have car accidents.

Because the dog was charging him. What do you prefer he do? Ask the dog nicely to not attack him?

Cops are not judges enforcing punishment. They do not dispense justice. They will kill you if you try to kill them. I do not see the issue. They are enforcing laws. In the first case one was defending him and accident shot someone in the process which is extremely unfortunate - and that is why we have laws and investigations. I am wondering how things work in your head - if you kill someone by accident - you are guilty of murder? That's why we have courts.

You have to threaten a police officer to be lawfully killed. There are no laws that say police can kill people if they feel like it.
If a police officer kills someone by accident, they have to show there was no negligence.

if you look at your post you said:
We know that if 742 people were killed, then legal force was necessary and the alternative was necessary.
I then pointed out two cases, of the 700+ deaths, that had nothing to do with "necessary force" Two cases (easily found by the way) where no one was trying to kill either officers but someone still ended up dead. Here's another something to think about: if you or I shot at a neighbor dog and killed one of the owners instead what are the chances we would be given paid vacations, have our friends investigate the deaths and then get our jobs back? Or if someone walked up on us in our car and we shot them through the window do you think we wouldn't get arrested? My point for this thread is to try and provide some information that wasn't being posted anywhere on CF and I thought it was important for people to start paying attention to all the people who were dying after coming in contact with US police.
tulc(noticed you never actually addressed the second example he posted) :wave:

Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
strange how the anti-government right wingers invariably defend the government under these circumstances

Yeah, it's like the brotha they had to off in St Louis the other night...

Hey, dipwad! - If you point a gun at the law dawgz, they gonna kill you dead!

It's rare that cops just kill for sport... sure there are always bad apples in any profession, but the vast majority of people the law dawgz had to off - needed to be shot!

Here's what God Almighty says about it:

Romans 13:1-4
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, for revenge to execute wrath upon him that does evil.

God be backin up the law dawgz... satan be inciting the thugz... which side you on???

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it's like the brotha they had to off in St Louis the other night...

Hey, dipwad! - If you point a gun at the law dawgz, they gonna kill you dead!

It's rare that cops just kill for sport... sure there are always bad apples in any profession, but the vast majority of people the law dawgz had to off - needed to be shot!

Here's what God Almighty says about it:

Romans 13:1-4
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
Whosoever therefore resists the power, resists the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, for revenge to execute wrath upon him that does evil.

God be backin up the law dawgz... satan be inciting the thugz... which side you on???

Or if you have a dog, or "walk with a purpose" or pick up a toy in Walmart or be mentally ill. or... the list goes on and on. :sigh:
tulc(is just sayn') :(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
if you look at your post you said:

I then pointed out two cases, of the 700+ deaths, that had nothing to do with "necessary force" Two cases (easily found by the way) where no one was trying to kill either officers but someone still ended up dead.

No.

In one case an officer shot at dog that was going to attack him. His use of lethal force was found justified.
In the other an officer shot a man acting strangely that was charging at him.

Cops do not go up to people and randomly shoot people. If they do, they go to jail.

Here's another something to think about: if you or I shot at a neighbor dog and killed one of the owners instead what are the chances we would be given paid vacations, have our friends investigate the deaths and then get our jobs back?

You are not allowed to investigate a person you know.

Or if someone walked up on us in our car and we shot them through the window do you think we wouldn't get arrested?

He did not "walk up" to her car. This followed a police chase in which he drove bizarrely, got out of the car and went after her.

My point for this thread is to try and provide some information that wasn't being posted anywhere on CF and I thought it was important for people to start paying attention to all the people who were dying after coming in contact with US police.
tulc(noticed you never actually addressed the second example he posted) :wave:

I have had contact with police. I have worked with law enforcement and even got a few traffictickets. Want to know how I survived?
I DID NOT ATTACK THEM.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Just as a comparison: In Germany - my country, with a population of a little more than a quarter of the USA - police has shot and killed 8 - in words: EIGHT! - people in 2013 (last year I found statistics for).

We know that if 742 people were killed, then legal force was necessary and the alternative was necessary. We could assume that some officer could run away, meaning not necessarily 742 would die.

It seems that you live in a "world" (how limited your world is!) where shooting people is an accepted method of interaction and not even specially noticed any more.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

We have no knowledge that the 742 were killed by necessary force, only that 742 were killed. In the 742 number, there were some instances in which lethal force was justified, and some instances in which lethal force was not justified. Some of the instances in which lethal force was not justified have already been discussed on these boards.

At least some of the 742 died needlessly at the hands of an overzealous police officer. At least some of the 742 died without having threatened a police officer in any way.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.