police in America

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I hear doctors kill more people then police, an estimated 44,000 to 98,000 among them die each year as a result of medical errors

After reading a few of those reports on the links you provided (which I actually thought would contain a bunch of innocent unarmed folks as the reason for the posting) the few I read contain some sort of armed (sometimes high as a kite) violent persons who had hurt, or were either trying to hurt others or the police themselves. I dont find it very surprising that they would be killed by the cops (whether unintentionally or otherwise) doing something like that, there is always that risk. Look how few people are killed (in the line of that duty which requires a gun) in comparison to doctors though.

It would seem folks odds are greater for getting killed by a doctor (unintentionally) without a gun than getting killed by a cop (intentionally) with a gun, especially seeing the huge differences in those numbers.

Although I'm not sure if those doctor/patient numbers would include the "as of late" number of veterans neglected (intentionally or otherwise) to the point of their deaths (probably more worth noting) all for these bonuses we have heard of.

Sometimes those financial incentive bonuses in hospitals (depending on whose in charge and how they are handed out) can kill more people then bullets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From what I hear doctors kill more people then police, an estimated 44,000 to 98,000 among them die each year as a result of medical errors

After reading a few of those reports on the links you provided (which I actually thought would contain a bunch of innocent unarmed folks as the reason for the posting) the few I read contain some sort of armed (sometimes high as a kite) violent persons who had hurt, or were either trying to hurt others or the police themselves. I dont find it very surprising that they would be killed by the cops (whether unintentionally or otherwise) doing something like that, there is always that risk. Look how few people are killed (in the line of that duty which requires a gun) in comparison to doctors though.

It would seem folks odds are greater for getting killed by a doctor (unintentionally) without a gun than getting killed by a cop (intentionally) with a gun, especially seeing the huge differences in those numbers.

Although I'm not sure if those doctor/patient numbers would include the "as of late" number of veterans neglected (intentionally or otherwise) to the point of their deaths (probably more worth noting) all for these bonuses we have heard of.

Sometimes those financial incentive bonuses in hospitals (depending on whose in charge and how they are handed out) can kill more people then bullets.

sounds like you should start a thread to discuss those things. This one isn't about doctors. :wave:
tulc(just a thought)

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sounds like you should start a thread to discuss those things. This one isn't about doctors. :wave:
tulc(just a thought)

Tulc, I do know your thread is not about doctors I thought it was more about demonizing the police. And I didnt think there was anything that off topic in giving the reader something to consider in contrast to the number of deaths (as if the numbers are that high) before police get that desired bad rap you seem to be aiming for.

That's not saying that there is not police who dont deserve a bad rap

But I apologize if I messed up the delusion (if that was the case).

And I was not desiring to discuss anything with you really, there are only death statistics along side of police named as being reaponsible for the same. And a number of deaths that are surprisingly low given the line of duty they are in. How do you even "discuss" that? I havent even a clue as to how you discuss anything with anyone (who) for as long as we both have been on the forum pretty much speaks to others in the third person (while being somewhat impressed with himself).

Now "that" IS something that is listed on other medical websites (and might call for a whole other kind of doctor).

Being a former police officer and speaking as a disabled veteran I didnt feel it out of place to drop a mention on the side of such statistics. This, inclusive of the police who serve having a higher risk of death whether in respects to themselves or of certain who are dangers to others in the cross hairs of that line of duty simply because it requires the use of a gun. Just as many veterans (who serve with much the same) but having far greater weapons formed against them (in a time of war). These two (just like every other citizen) will all fall under the care or protection of either police and/or doctors at one time or another. Neither of which being above the law or able to escape death and might even be an unwilling instrument of it. There are death statistics in both. And yet four times as many more people (a year) die trying to cross the street, probably not looking both ways as carefully as they should (thats 4,500 of them). That makes crossing the street far more riskier (and worisome) then running into a police officer with a loaded gun (even if you be the criminal swinging one around). So if someone is demonizing the police (in magnifying such things) its just good to bring out the fact that they really dont hold a candle to the number of deaths which come through the oversight of doctors (let alone the number of those not careful in crossing the street). And I was just pointing out that the doctors statistics and the deaths found in that account being in the thousands upon thousands and many thousands more (in contrast to the few hundred yearly) is just errors alone. And by those whose own lives are never in the balance (or as being in any danger) while holding one of the highest paying positions. Whereas the police in contrast (work for pennies) leave their families daily (not knowing if they will come home) these risking their lives in the line of fire (having their lives hanging in the balance) as oftentimes the veterans. Although these days if veterans survive the bullets of war (and return) they find another challenge, surviving getting knocked off aid for those hospital bonuses.

Sorry turc, I thought you might be up for a little contrast, having read a few of your links to see whose deaths (with little sad faces) you were posting about, but not only of who but how few a year of these were killed by these police in their various crimes. Who risk their lives in that line of duty protecting citizens even themselves from these peoples harm. I thought showing (by comparison) what a very small thing it is along of doctors (and who are set in place to save lives).

And I said all of that because I know how welcomed it would be (by both yourself and your third person).

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The thread is just about deaths caused by police shootings. There is no judgement about whether it is justified or not. The reason why this thread is important is because these statistics are often not compiled. Rather than complain about the tabulation of this data, why not question why this data is not routinely recorded by government statisticians?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The thread is just about deaths caused by police shootings. There is no judgement about whether it is justified or not. The reason why this thread is important is because these statistics are often not compiled. Rather than complain about the tabulation of this data, why not question why this data is not routinely recorded by government statisticians?

what about other causes, for instance, while in police custody and it's a suspicious death?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No one is complaining, the numbers of deaths here are so insignificant in numbers in comparison to every other way to die available.

For example look at where getting shot by police is on a list here

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

United States of America
realtime.jpg
CURRENT DEATH TOLL
from Jan 1, 2015 - Jul 29, 2015 (6:38:56 PM)

Heading into the 8th month of this year

Getting shot by police is down on the list nearest to falling out of bed, or a tree falling on you or even getting struck by lightning

I couldnt copy the whole list just
but I grabbed the lower part of the list
(where police shootings were located)

Must be very concerning ....

They show the doctors figures higher then I even had them here.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is complaining, the numbers of deaths here are so insignificant in numbers in comparison to every other way to die available.

For example look at where getting shot by police is on a list here

http://www.romans322.com/daily-death-rate-statistics.php

United States of America
realtime.jpg
CURRENT DEATH TOLL
from Jan 1, 2015 - Jul 29, 2015 (6:38:56 PM)

Heading into the 8th month of this year

Getting shot by police is down on the list nearest to falling out of bed, or a tree falling on you or even getting struck by lightning

I couldnt copy the whole list just
but I grabbed the lower part of the list
(where police shootings were located)

Must be very concerning ....

They show the doctors figures higher then I even had them here.

You should start a thread to discuss all those things if they interest you. This thread is about deaths by US police.
Which is 671 as of today
113 so far in July.
tulc(will be interested in seeing your threads about those subjects) :wave:

Reactions: Cactus Jack
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should start a thread to discuss all those things if they interest you. This thread is about deaths by US police.
Which is 671 as of today
113 so far in July.
tulc(will be interested in seeing your threads about those subjects) :wave:

No, not at all Tulc, I was not interested in anything but the deaths by US police showing by deaths by the same (per your topic) and even per the chart (where the police were listed) how very few and insignificant in numbers the same are (but in "contrast to" something). Just like if you had an OP on milk, someone might say, well, milk is a thinner consistency (in comparison to... "cream") which is a pretty common thing to do.

Its still on the topic of milk (just comparing the consistency)

But thats a good idea Tulc, I will have to consider some decent topic starters, maybe I could make one thread per type of death (like death by chocolate, death by illegal immigrants, death by homosexuals) just to name a few

So thanks!
to both you (and your third person friend)

Heres a story of a death by police

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/us/ohio-sam-dubose-tensing-indictment/

Do you have this one?

Do you want these sorts of deaths Tulc?

Does it matter if the death is by gun, or is death by strangling, death by running someone over or death by gunshot or death by drowning? Or like all of the above?

Do you want living pictures of the dead by police?

Do you want death by police (even of police's own self)? Like, do various forms of suicide count as death by police?

Well, since it would still be "death by police"

Or...? Are you looking for death numbers alone (but from various places because they just seem to conflict) just to find a happy medium somewheres. Or even whether they have contact list of some sort to recieve for text alerts (like to your phone) so as to be the first person alerted to newest dead?

Death realted in which ways?

Upvote 0

Cactus Jack

Jul 12, 2011
somewhere
✟17,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Fireinfolding, back off. NOW. This thread is for deaths by cops. Not just shooting, but all deaths BY cops.
If you don't like it, then file a complaint. If you prefer something else, then by all means start your own thread. But back off and leave this thread alone.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fireinfolding, back off. NOW.

That is not very nice, back off? of what?

This thread is for deaths by cops.

I have posted a chart inclusive of the same, that much is obvious

Not just shooting, but all deaths BY cops.

Might be better if we say, "people killed by cops", sounds less weird.

That was what I was just asking Tulc (and his third person) about. Since it is "death by" cops (as it is worded) one of my questions was, is it inclusive of them commiting suicide? You missed that particular one as that would be a death (not of another person per se') but rather of self by self (by the police officer) being a death in relationship to himself. I just wanted to make sure I stayed on topic as strictly as tulc desires (as tulc never sways from such on any occassion on any of the threads he particpates on (being both sincere and serious). I wanted to honor tulc in this thing as he consistently does so likewise.

If you don't like it, then file a complaint.

I didn't say I didn't like the OP,
why would anyone file a complaint even if they didn't like it?

If you prefer something else, then by all means start your own thread.

I prefer various things, and I am considering other death threads too (even as I mentioned the same) and thanked Tulc for the idea

But back off and leave this thread alone.

You say back off alot, but I still dont understand how am I bothering the thread?

Its okay for Tulc to ask me a couple "sincere" questions on another thread but I cant ask him a couple of sincere ones on his?

On my last post I had asked Tulc post related questions (which were on topic). I also posted "a death by a police" link to the thread itself (according to what he told me he was looking for).

So I like this thread

Here is another "death by police" (but its a suicide) the one I was also asking after

http://nypost.com/2015/04/12/nypd-officer-found-dead-in-apparent-suicide/

Is that helpful?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.