Police arrest teen in murder of Lawyers wife.

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sorry mozilla not letting me copy and paste, so i had to put it in 'links'

Lemme Try this...

ARTINEZ, Calif. - A teenager was arrested in the slaying of a prominent defense attorney’s wife, and a newspaper reported Thursday that he clubbed her to death with a piece of crown molding while looking for marijuana-growing equipment. Authorities would not identify the 16-year-old youth and said they were still working to determine a motive for the beating death Saturday of Pamela Vitale, the wife of lawyer and TV legal pundit Daniel Horowitz. “Although we have a suspect, the investigation is still going on,” said sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee. “Much more work still needs to be done.” Story continues below &#8595; advertisement Vitale, 52, was slain over the weekend at the hilltop estate where the couple was building their dream home in the wealthy San Francisco suburb of Lafayette. The teenager lived down the hill on a remote canyon road. He was arrested Wednesday night. The San Francisco Chronicle, citing an unidentified law enforcement source, reported that investigators believe the killing was related to a scheme that involved using stolen credit card numbers to fund a marijuana-growing operation. The source said the boy had ordered equipment for the pot operation and mistakenly thought the supplies were delivered to Horowitz and Vitale’s home, the newspaper reported on its Web site. Vitale hit dozens of times He went there Saturday looking for the equipment and got in a fight with Vitale, striking her dozens of times in the head with a piece of molding that was left behind at the scene, according to the source. The boy apparently had scratches on his arms and legs from the fight, the newspaper reported. “She fought back very hard. That was very obvious from the scene,” Horowitz said Wednesday, adding that his wife had a head wound. Horowitz said he discovered his wife’s body when he returned home after working on the case of Susan Polk, a woman accused of stabbing to death her therapist husband. Vitale, 52, worked part-time for her husband’s law firm and had been in the front row of the courtroom during opening statements. Horowitz rose to national prominence as a cable news commentator during the Scott Peterson murder trial. He was in seclusion Thursday with friends and family as they prepared for Vitale’s funeral.</a>

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting how they glossed over the occult aspects of the case. But I suppose that is all well and good because they will never be followed up on by either the media or the police anyway.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/20/MNGHFFBCM713.DTL&hw=vitale&sn=001&sc=1000

Authorities believe Dyleski killed Vitale, 52, on Saturday by striking her 39 times in the head with a piece of crown molding, then carved some kind of gothic signature into her back, the source said.

Not that I'm sure that there's anything to this angle, but it's kind of sad how it will be ignored from this point onwards. Ritual killings are an impossibility.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Too add in more intrigue to this incident consider the following:

Vitale was the wife of Daniel Horowitz who was currently defending a woman in a murder case, whose case has been ruled a mistrial:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/10/17/state/n112259D10.DTL

In this case Susan Polk claimed to have killed her husband in self defense. She also claims to have suffered abuse from her husband over quite a long period of time, dating back to her teenage years:

http://www.ktvu.com/news/5082567/detail.html

She says they started having sex when she was 16, after he drugged and raped her.

But what's more their son was apparantly abused by a satanic cult when he was 2 (according to the husband):

Horowitz described Felix as a delusional man who would lecture at child abuse conferences of his oldest son's kidnapping and rape by a satanic cult when he was just 2 years old.

So to sum things up an abusive man marries a woman that he may have abused from a young age. Later they have children and he claims that their son is kidnapped and abused (if anyone has information to verify whether the son was actually kidnapped or not, I'd appreciate it). This is at the same time that he is allegedly continuing to abuse his wife. He dies from knife blows from his wife, she is tried for murder, but the defense says that it was just self-defense. Then the defense attorney's wife dies in a murder with ritualistic overtones. The case is then ruled a mistrial.

I don't know. There seems to be something more going on here.

...and now that I think about it, how is this grounds for a mistrial in the first place?

Upvote 0