Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm hanging in there, everybody. I had a lot of kids helping me yesterday boxing things up. Monday is our last official teacher workday, and the word on the street is that a small army of my students are coming out to help. When I had told my kids about the situation, they were appalled that an administrator would pull something so underhanded. Amazing how perceptive kids are!

My principal at the very least is offering to pay me on a miscellaneous time sheet for up to 3 full days during the summer to do the work of moving. It will help. I'm not sure what the pay will be, but extended day is often $42 or more per hour. He'll pay me up for a full 8 hours of shift. Kind of cool. I'm going to have to wait, though, until the retiring teacher is completely moved OUT.

I'm having to go to the retiring teacher's retirement party tonight. After being harassed by this guy for years, having throw F-bombs at me, all sorts of drama, and his constant paranoia and threats, it has been a long, wild ride. Add to that the fact that I was actually IN his class as a kid, well, it has been Hades for me. But I'm going to try to be as humble as possible and go to the retirement party and wish him well. Boy, this Orthodox stuff is tough, isn't it!? :p^_^:crosseo:

I went to a local school supply store and bought some cool little storage items, some borders for the wall that are cool, and overall am trying to get excited about the move. New start, even if it is forced. I just pray God will bless my odyssey no matter where I am.

I'm also considering asking Father George to come over and bless my classroom over the summer....

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The move, to be frank, has been hell. I was blown away that I had over TWENTY former students show up to my room to help me out! It felt like school was still in session! I had kids who are preparing for college coming to help me, junior high and high school kids, and kids who just left my room. What a bunch of angels from God come to bless me!

We really worked like an army boxing things and working our tushies off....but even after they helped me for over 3 hours and we got SO MUCH done, STILL the classroom is an overwhelming, mind-numbing, insane situation....and then there is the whole reality that I will have to UNLOAD it all and start over again.

I know this sounds low on your totem pole of prayer priorities, guys, but please keep me in your prayers that I can get this done. I still ask that you also take away my resentment.

Update: the new teacher that I had to work with who was super rude, unfriendly, shady, and pushy this year who gets to keep her room as I'm being moved told a teacher friend of mine that our principal is ASKING HER to be involved in the hiring process of the new sixth grade teacher! Here I am a veteran of 16 years and someone who has received nothing but glowing evaluations for years and the respect of my students and administrators am being kept out and a first year teacher being asked in. It's the height of insanity and disrespect.

As an Orthodox Christian, I'm called NOT to care about such things as esteem, reputation, standing, and fairness, but rather care about humility and emptying myself out to be like the saints. I'm being a hypocrite lately and worrying about what is fair in the eyes of this world. I'm angry now more at my own INABILITY to stop thinking about how unfair and disrespectfully I'm being treated, than anything else.

Drama city.

Pray for me, friends.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The move, to be frank, has been hell. I was blown away that I had over TWENTY former students show up to my room to help me out! It felt like school was still in session! I had kids who are preparing for college coming to help me, junior high and high school kids, and kids who just left my room. What a bunch of angels from God come to bless me!

We really worked like an army boxing things and working our tushies off....but even after they helped me for over 3 hours and we got SO MUCH done, STILL the classroom is an overwhelming, mind-numbing, insane situation....and then there is the whole reality that I will have to UNLOAD it all and start over again.

I know this sounds low on your totem pole of prayer priorities, guys, but please keep me in your prayers that I can get this done. I still ask that you also take away my resentment.

Update: the new teacher that I had to work with who was super rude, unfriendly, shady, and pushy this year who gets to keep her room as I'm being moved told a teacher friend of mine that our principal is ASKING HER to be involved in the hiring process of the new sixth grade teacher! Here I am a veteran of 16 years and someone who has received nothing but glowing evaluations for years and the respect of my students and administrators am being kept out and a first year teacher being asked in. It's the height of insanity and disrespect.

As an Orthodox Christian, I'm called NOT to care about such things as esteem, reputation, standing, and fairness, but rather care about humility and emptying myself out to be like the saints. I'm being a hypocrite lately and worrying about what is fair in the eyes of this world. I'm angry now more at my own INABILITY to stop thinking about how unfair and disrespectfully I'm being treated, than anything else.

Drama city.

Pray for me, friends.
:hug: Lord, have mercy. May God grant you strength, endurance, and comfort, gurney. Doing what we are called to do is easier said than done. I can imagine how difficult this must be for you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm - a really nasty situation , and one which leaves you asking all sorts of questions that you probably should not.

It's tremendous that so many of your students came to help - it does show you that some folk care

Prayers for you as you complete the move and settle into your new work area .

:crosseo: :crosseo;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums