Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We all at our church got a letter from our Bishop with regards to Fr. Stanley and his family today. Here's the story:

Beloved in the Lord,

This past week a horrible accident happened in Houston, Texas wherein the stalled car of Elena Badger was struck by a large cement truck. In the car were Melina and Alexia Sitaras, the daughters of Father Stelios Sitaras, pastor of our Saint Nicholas parish in Corpus Christi, Texas, who were riding with their mother Elena. All three were severely injured. Sadly, Elena did not survive.

The medical costs for Melina and Alexia will be phenomenal. This is why I am asking every parish council, every Piloptochos chapter, and every GOYA chapter to do whatever you can do to be generous, and to direct your monetary donations to the Metropolis, stipulating that the checks are for Melina and Alexia Sitaras. Individual donations are also requested in order to help these two wonderful girls.

In conjunction with this, I ask that, in the Paraklesis services during this period dedicated to the Theotokos, the names of Melina and Alexia be commemorated, for their healing and their mental and physical welfare. I ask also that the people in our congregations mention their names to the Lord, Who is the Divine Physician of our souls and our bodies.

With Paternal Blessings,

Metropolitan Isaiah of Denver

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.