Please pray that the Lord would open my eyes (let me explain)

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been inappropriate content free for 2 weeks and have come to realize that yes I can on the outside REFORM but on the inside still be dead. So pray that the Lord would replace the heart of stone with a heart of flesh.

Please tell me what you mean by this?

Upvote 0

kidwboro

Aug 13, 2012
Little Neck, NY 11362
✟8,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My prayers are with you. May the Lord quicken your heart and give you new life. Jesus is the way and the truth and the life.
Take his yoke upon you, and learn of him, for he is meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest unto your soul. His yoke is easy, and his burden is light.

I also pray that you do not fall into the temptation of perhaps looking down on other people who have not abstained from inappropriate content. This is not a competition. "Look at that guy over there, he's still addicted to inappropriate content, whereas I haven't looked at it in so many weeks." We all have a competitive spirit, wanting to be better than others. It is part of the sinful nature we've all been born with.

I pray the Lord gives you discipline to press forward to the treasure in heaven, the crown of life, the new Jerusalem. Do not look to the left, do not look to the right. It is your heavenly Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Forgive, and you shall be forgiven. If you forgive men their trespasses, then your heavenly Father will forgive you your trespasses. Do not judge, and you won't be judged.

May the Lord grant you power to overcome. In this world you shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer, the Lord has overcome the world.

In the incorruptible name of Jesus,
Amen.

Upvote 0

dcalling

Jan 31, 2014
✟107,345.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wo great post and great prayers kidwboro.

I will also pray for you, but be warned this can take a long time. I had many additions before, games, worldly gains, thank God I don't have a drug problem else I would be dead. It take a VERY long time for me to over come some of that, thank God.

Please pray for me as well, I can't control myself to sleep at night, sometimes it is this forum, sometimes it is movies, and I am dead tired......

Upvote 0

Bramwell

Oct 24, 2012
✟8,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi AcceptJesus,

It's great that you have managed to stay inappropriate content free for the last two weeks. Hopefully you can continue with the progress you are making, realizing that a lot of addictions are largely habitual. In other words, the longer you can go without giving in to the habit, the weaker the temptation to give in becomes.

Prayer, fasting, and reading the Bible are certainly some of the most healthy replacements one can find for negative habits (as you probably already know). But sharing with others about your progress and struggles is also helpful. Hopefully you are able to find the right balance to allow you to successfully move ahead with your goals for God.

Upvote 0