Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
My wife and I spoke with Habitat for Humanity today and the woman is encouraging us to apply when the applications open back up again. She has said that we would qualify for a home through their program.

The home that we would qualify for will be a 4 bedroom home that will be handicapped ready for my wife. This includes larger doorways, wider hallways, and safety rails where needed. She said that they monthly payments will be between $420 and $500 a month and will include the insurance payments as well as property taxes. That price will not be much more than what we will start paying come December when our rent goes up.

If anyone knows about Habitat for Humanity, you will know that there is much volunteering that the "family" will have to do. Something like 350 hours. I will be doing the bulk of those hours, if not all of them. The hours include helping build others' homes as well as our own. So this home will truly feel like our home and there is a sense of pride knowing that my sweat and blood (undoubtedly I will bleed at some point) will be part of it's construction.

We are super excited about this path that God has put before us. Please pray in agreement with us that the devil will not place a hand in this and that God is glorified throughout the process as we build our home and become homeowners.​

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
My wife and I spoke with Habitat for Humanity today and the woman is encouraging us to apply when the applications open back up again. She has said that we would qualify for a home through their program.

The home that we would qualify for will be a 4 bedroom home that will be handicapped ready for my wife. This includes larger doorways, wider hallways, and safety rails where needed. She said that they monthly payments will be between $420 and $500 a month and will include the insurance payments as well as property taxes. That price will not be much more than what we will start paying come December when our rent goes up.

If anyone knows about Habitat for Humanity, you will know that there is much volunteering that the "family" will have to do. Something like 350 hours. I will be doing the bulk of those hours, if not all of them. The hours include helping build others' homes as well as our own. So this home will truly feel like our home and there is a sense of pride knowing that my sweat and blood (undoubtedly I will bleed at some point) will be part of it's construction.

We are super excited about this path that God has put before us. Please pray in agreement with us that the devil will not place a hand in this and that God is glorified throughout the process as we build our home and become homeowners.​

That's great news!,

and I really like the part about your blood and sweat going into it gives you a sense of ownership, and something to take pride in, that's great, we should all feel that way...

I will pray for you that all goes well, and for your future prosperity in/with God in your life...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Sounds pretty good. With four bedrooms you could rent one (or two) of them out and use that money to pay the rent. With whatever is leftover you could put back towards helping others?

Would HFH be okay with you doing something like that with the extre room(s)?

There will not be extra rooms.

We are expecting another little one this coming spring and my mother in law will have the other room. Each child will have their own room, especially if the little one is a boy.

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟62,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll pray for you...even though you're a Flyers fan. ;) Go Sharks!

Seriously, your family getting that home is on my prayer list. God bless you both.

I wanted to help out on a Habitat for Humanity home, but they never build where I live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums