DaraEmmanuel

Jul 18, 2015
United Kingdom
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I messed up, big time. I did something truly evil:rage:, disgusting:mask:. Luckily, no one was too badly affected, although it did take a big hit on one or two:coldsweat: But I just feel so utterly disgusted with myself. The consequences of my actions would be very big, so I am hoping I am not punished too bad, but I pray for gods forgiveness, but being a (new?ish) believer, I'm not sure how. so could you please pray for gods forgiveness on me, and all others who need it.:anguished::bustsinsilhouette:
Thank you, God bless:yellowheart::yellowheart::yellowheart::kissingheart::bye:

palamecia-titling.regular.png

Reactions: Catherineanne

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I messed up, big time. I did something truly evil:rage:, disgusting:mask:. Luckily, no one was too badly affected, although it did take a big hit on one or two:coldsweat: But I just feel so utterly disgusted with myself. The consequences of my actions would be very big, so I am hoping I am not punished too bad, but I pray for gods forgiveness, but being a (new?ish) believer, I'm not sure how. so could you please pray for gods forgiveness on me, and all others who need it.:anguished::bustsinsilhouette:
Thank you, God bless:yellowheart::yellowheart::yellowheart::kissingheart::bye:

palamecia-titling.regular.png
Please remember this. I don't condone but I don't believe anyone should condemn anyone EVER. I also want you to remember Jesus died for all of us once and for all and as long as you know that you have done wrong and you repent, You are truly sorry and ask GOD's forgiveness and don't do it again. You will be forgiven. You sins will be forgotten, wiped from the book of inequities never to be mentioned again. Also You do not me an intermediary to pray for you dear friend. Jesus is your intermediary. If you pray to him you are forgiven. You need no help being heard. Please remember this. Prayer requests are a doubt of of his word and what he did for us. I know I'll get some flack for that but it is true. You are already forgiven if you are truly sorry.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Also You do not me an intermediary to pray for you dear friend. Jesus is your intermediary. If you pray to him you are forgiven. You need no help being heard. Please remember this. Prayer requests are a doubt of of his word and what he did for us. I know I'll get some flack for that but it is true. You are already forgiven if you are truly sorry.

I assume you are prepared to provide Scripture to back up that ludicrous statement?

Here are a few which beg to differ:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/praying_for_each_other

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Steven Wood

Not my will but Thy will be done
Jul 17, 2015
Arkansas, United States
✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I assume you are prepared to provide Scripture to back up that ludicrous statement?

Here are a few which beg to differ:

http://www.openbible.info/topics/praying_for_each_other
1 John 5:14, John 15:7, John 15:16, Mathew 21:21. I can go on. The last 2 I will stop at because they actually call out to me to explain myself a little more. In saying that my comment are ludicrous it shows how unwilling you are to really study in the word. Now yes you can have others pray with you and it helps to have unity and strength from your brethren in times of need. Even Jesus asked his disciples to pray continuously though they fell asleep. I said you do not NEED them to to have your prayers answered. Believing that shows a lack of your faith that Jesus either won't hear you, you need an intermediary, or you need added help to get your message through for that extra "kick" All of these are untrue for if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can tell the mountain to move and it will leap into the sea. NOw do you know what I was saying? I hope I've made myself clearer and haven't caused anymore confusion. Strength and unity in the lord is for our added benefit for no man is an island and ecc. 4:12 says Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Having people to pray with you helps hold you accountable and reassures you. It's not for better "reception" they don't make a better antennae and it sure doesn't wear GOD down so he'll finally forgive you because he's asked so many times. I mean is that honestly the reasoning people have when they think this? If I have more people pray for forgiveness for me then GOD will have to forgive me. He'll get tired of hearing it? I don't mean to be condescending, I really want to know the reasoning.

Upvote 0

DaraEmmanuel

Jul 18, 2015
United Kingdom
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please remember this. I don't condone but I don't believe anyone should condemn anyone EVER. I also want you to remember Jesus died for all of us once and for all and as long as you know that you have done wrong and you repent, You are truly sorry and ask GOD's forgiveness and don't do it again. You will be forgiven. You sins will be forgotten, wiped from the book of inequities never to be mentioned again. Also You do not me an intermediary to pray for you dear friend. Jesus is your intermediary. If you pray to him you are forgiven. You need no help being heard. Please remember this. Prayer requests are a doubt of of his word and what he did for us. I know I'll get some flack for that but it is true. You are already forgiven if you are truly sorry.

I guess I understand what you are saying...I put the thread up because I had NO idea what to do. I have not been a Christian long, and I can admit that I did not have a massive faith, not because I didnt want to, but because I didnt really understand Christianity at all.. I understand that if I want forgiveness, I should pray to God, not ask others to do it for me, I just assumed it was acceptable to ask for prayers because of the way I am taught at Chruch, they are ALWAYS having prayer requests and stuff there lol. I just wanted somebody to help me a bit, I was suprised and really grateful for all the prayers on here, THANKS EVERYONE!!! I had NO idea how to pray...I had little faith.. so I just wanted to see how to pray in a sense if you get me. I wasnt trying to doubt God, I was kind of doubting my ability to talk to God..but thanks for your reply, I appreciate it...

ps: sorry for terrible grammar

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaraEmmanuel

Jul 18, 2015
United Kingdom
✟15,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I realised I hadn't properly said thank you to anyone so thanks..:groupray::)

Hi, Dara!

I would like to pray for you

Also have faith the mercy of God. He chose Paul even though he had persecuted Christian before, remember? Try to turn to God for help, and he will not fail you.
Lord, have mercy.
lifting you to Jesus for forgiveness and healing, dear one. thank you, LORD :prayer:
God bless you :crossrc:
Grace and Peace to you
1 John 5:14, John 15:7, John 15:16, Mathew 21:21. I can go on. The last 2 I will stop at because they actually call out to me to explain myself a little more. In saying that my comment are ludicrous it shows how unwilling you are to really study in the word. Now yes you can have others pray with you and it helps to have unity and strength from your brethren in times of need. Even Jesus asked his disciples to pray continuously though they fell asleep. I said you do not NEED them to to have your prayers answered. Believing that shows a lack of your faith that Jesus either won't hear you, you need an intermediary, or you need added help to get your message through for that extra "kick" All of these are untrue for if you have faith the size of a mustard seed you can tell the mountain to move and it will leap into the sea. NOw do you know what I was saying? I hope I've made myself clearer and haven't caused anymore confusion. Strength and unity in the lord is for our added benefit for no man is an island and ecc. 4:12 says Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Having people to pray with you helps hold you accountable and reassures you. It's not for better "reception" they don't make a better antennae and it sure doesn't wear GOD down so he'll finally forgive you because he's asked so many times. I mean is that honestly the reasoning people have when they think this? If I have more people pray for forgiveness for me then GOD will have to forgive me. He'll get tired of hearing it? I don't mean to be condescending, I really want to know the reasoning.
Good to see you; God bless His Word to you.

I just realised looking back on the thread, I haven't properly said thank you to everyone, so thank you.... :):thumbsup::thumbsup::grinning:

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I just realised looking back on the thread, I haven't properly said thank you to everyone, so thank you.... :):thumbsup::thumbsup::grinning:
YW; looking forward to seeing you around on the forums!

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

You are more than welcome. :)

Upvote 0