Please Help: Unsure about My Engagement

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? How old is he? Your name has 30 in it so maybes thats your age? The advice I give people is never marry when your super young. Wait until after 25. By that point alot of people know what they want in life. Although they say for men sometimes it takes until they are 30. For me? Looking back I realize I was not fully mature enough in my 20s to marry. I was broken and not ready yet.

I to was "handsy" before. Sexual temptation is a problem for us guys. That alone I wouldn't say end it over. Tell him how you feel about it. He should then try not to be handsy with you. Though the fact you say he has 10k of debt is an issue. Because once your married it becomes your debt too. Why is he in debt? Does he have spending issue? You need to look into the issue more. You can stay engaged for now if you want but talk to him about some issues and see what his response is. Because marriage is not some happy perfect thing. And if someones not ready it will only put more stress on the marriage.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If he refuses to respect your boundaries and you doubt if you should marry him then I would encourage you to step back and take a hard look at your relationship. If after much prayer, reading scripture, and seeking council you are not at peace about the relationship then you should end it. A man who does not respect you while you are dating or engaged will not respect you once you are married.

Also the fact that he gave you his ex's ring is troubling.

Upvote 0

camperdown9

Sep 9, 2010
England
✟15,206.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Hi

Not saying anything new.

Do you love him? (or just the idea of being married?)
If you really love him and he loves you he should respect your boundaries. If he doesn't now he never will!

The ring being given to another women before you is going to upset you and you are likely never going to forget that he gave it to someone else first. I think you should give it back. I also think it would be a good idea to hold of getting married until the debts are paid off.

If he "truly" love you he will do these things for you. These are not unreasonable requests.

(This is someone you plan to spend the rest of your life with, not someone you plan on going on a two week trip will. You need to be sure.)

Alex

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are gathered here today in the sight of GOD.....

Marriage or holy matrimony is a sacred union and commitment NEVER to be taken lightly. "The two become one in the flesh!!"

While in this day and age it would appear many do NOT take it seriously and in the US we are facing legalized NOT marriage unions that are rife with despair. We must be certain in the paths we are to take and if JESUS CHRIST the son of the heavenly father is to be @ the center as our high priest; who shall we turn to when we need to discern the TRUTH? Which he is and the way and the life.

As others have brought up RED flags and it is apparent that you have doubts....what is the certainty of the scenario your in? What is the love in the meaning of any relationship? What is the TRUTH in your relationship? What can you truly do about your relationship? Many questions will be asked, but again the TRUTH is what you seek; then whom is the that?

Read and remember the verse in the holy scriptures of 1 Corinthians 7. I think this might help you. It is never wrong to turn to GOD through his son lord JESUS in prayer for discernment and the wisdom to understand.
BTW Valleygal did bring up a lot of interesting points to consider, although I like to believe "father knows best" is genuinely the best policy.

"If it is GOD's will may he guide you to green pastures through his son JESUS the Shepard of the flock."

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Upvote 0