Presbyterian vs Episcopal - What Are the Differences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamecock

Oct 10, 2003
The Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟15,486.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
calmius said:
In the city where I live there are many churches and I have no idea what the difference is between presbyterian, episcopal, and baptist. Can someone please explain?

Yeah, i went to some meetings with Christians based on "Local Church" and they're too weird, actually many people accuse them of being cultists.

As a member of the Presbyterian Church in America, I will answer what we are!
:wave:

We are evangelical, reformed. biblical christians. We are conservative in our outlook. We believe that we are all sinners and cannot come to God except through the atoning death of Christ.

The following is from our website, hope it helps!

A Synopsis of the Beliefs of the
Presbyterian Church in America

1. The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.

2. There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.

3. All mankind participated in Adam's fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.

4. The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.

5. Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens, come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, are born again, become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.

6. Justification is by faith and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.

7. The goal of God's salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.

8. At death the Christian's soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever's soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.

9. Baptism is a sign of God's covenant and is properly administered to children of believers in their infancy as well as to those who come as adults to trust in Christ.

10. Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.

11. The Gospel of God's salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns

Upvote 0

indra1500

Jun 6, 2004
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
My question is on why is the christians the baptists and other denominations are so divided? I don't understand that I just found that out. People use to tell me that baptists were wrong and they had the spirit of God but not the Truth they had half of what is true but everything else was not correct. To me I think that we all serve the same God Jesus Christ so what is wrong with that. Is there a way for people to connected be together like we're suppose to be or will there be this gap a long time. Jesus loves us all so why can't we? Someone please let me know why are we all divided up. We are all suppose to stick together and see souls saved for the glory of God to multiply ourselves not divide the Truth of God. I need this answered by someone who knows the true answer. thank you please email me if you can email is indra1500@yahoo.com. The reason Im asking is because I have a boyfriend who is Baptist and I am a Christian and I thought that even though there are different names of denomenation that we are still one we are all Christians and serve the same God and baptized in the precious Name of Jesus. Someone please tell me because I am confused I didn't even know there was a difference we all serve Jesus Christ don't we? I need a strong Christian answer someone who has prayed and seeked before answering my question because I need a serious heart felt lead of God answer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.