United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This thread is all about pinterest recipes. :satisfied:

What are some good sounding recipes that you've found on pinterest? Post them here! and post the picture of the food too. :D

Have you tried any recipe that you've found on pinterest? Which ones? How did it turn out?

I reallyy really want to try the Honey Garlic Porkchops:
259519997246973264_Po5MqWAk_c.jpg

Today's recipe combines a couple of past ideas that have appeared on Rock Recipes; one another pork chop recipe and one a chicken wing recipe. One of my favorite comfort food meals is Chicken Fried Pork Chops served with mashed potatoes and gravy and one of my favorite chicken wing recipes is the very popular Crispy Honey Garlic Wings. Here, both get combined to produce one of the best pork chop recipes I have ever tried. The kids absolutely loved it too.

Chicken Fried Pork Chops

6 center loin pork chops, well trimmed

Sift together:

1 cup flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp ground sage
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Make an egg wash by whisking together:

2 eggs
4 tbsp water

Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, then dip the chops in the flour and spice mixture. Dip the chop into the eggwash and then a final time into the flour and spice mix, pressing the mix into the chop to get good contact.

Heat a skillet on the stove with about a half inch of canola oil covering the bottom. You will want to carefully regulate the temperature here so that the chops do not brown too quickly on the outside before they are fully cooked on the inside. I find just below medium heat works well. I use a burner setting of about 4 1/2 out of 10 on the dial and fry them gently for about 4 or 5 minutes per side until golden brown and crispy.

Drain on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before dipping the cooked chops into the Honey Garlic Sauce. Serve with noodles or rice.

Honey Garlic Sauce

In a medium saucepan add

2 tbsp olive oil
3 – 4 cloves minced garlic

Cook over medium heat to soften the garlic but do not let it brown. Add:
1 cup honey
¼ cup soya sauce
1 tsp ground black pepper
Simmer together for 5-10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Watch this carefully as it simmers because it can foam up over the pot very easily.

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Girl I have so many recipes pinned and have yet to do any of them. I would be big as a HOUSE if I cooked all this stuff.

71565081548395788_U4kwbcMG_c.jpg

Crack Potatoes

8-10 cups of hash-browns. Depends on how big of a glass pan you use
1 cup of cream of onion soup
1 cup of cream of chicken soup
2 cups of cheddar cheese
3 dollops of sour cream
2 tbs of butter
5-8 tbs of milk- add enough to make it creamy over all the hash-browns
S and P to taste
crispy onions or corn flakes for topping

First take out your glass pan and add your soups, butter, and sour cream. Mix together well. Now add in your hash-browns and mix together. Add in your milk to make sure the mixture is all over the Hash-browns. Now add in your cheese and mix. Last add your salt and pepper to what you like. Add your onions or corn flakes on top and bake in oven on 350 for 2 hours or until bubbly.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:swoon: That looks SO good!

I would love to try the Cake in a Cup recipe (from Collabrotive Curry's blog site):

All purpose flour- 5 Tbsp
Granulated sugar- 5 Tbsp
Cocoa- 2 Tbsp
Salt- a pinch
Baking powder- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Egg- 1 large
Milk- 4 Tbsp
Vegetable oil- 4 Tbsp
Pure vanilla extract- a dash
2 microwave-safe coffee mugs

*Method*
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a coffee mug to make the cake.
2. Beat the eggs slightly in a small mixing bowl and add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well with a fork.
3. Add in the dry mixture and mix well.
4. Pour out half of the batter into each coffee mug.
5. Microwave the coffee mugs,one at a time, half- filled with the batter, on high, for a minute. If it does not get done in a minute, keep for another 20-30 seconds. Do not overcook, you might end up with a dry cake. (I kept it for 1 minute and 20seconds)
6. Let it cool and dig in.
7. It will be wonderful if you can top with vanilla ice cream

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I made this about a month ago for my family at my apartment:

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos

2814818486885330_StfVpx8K_f.jpg

1 envelope Taco Seasoning
6 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 jar Salsa (16 oz)

Dump everything into a crock pot and give it a little stir to blend the seasoning with the salsa. Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours. When done, the chicken should shred easily when stirred with a fork

134474738843578319_cLh6IIrW_f.jpg

Crock Pot Apple Butter
Makes a little more than 1 pint
1 dozen apples, peeled, cored, cubed
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon All Spice
Throw in crock pot on low overnight.

Upvote 0
R

RayofSun

Pinterest recipes! I will post a few later.

But I just wanted to say, I tried a cinnamon cake in a cup recipe. So much fun! Like honestly, it was too quick, too easy, too yummy and it shouldn't be allowed. The only thing I found a bit annoying was the cook time. It varies between microwaves. Oh that's another thing. I got the biggest kick that it only took a minute and something. Like c'moooon. How am I not going to eat that every spare minute? :p

Chicken tacos look amazing! Were they as good as they seem?

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pinterest recipes! I will post a few later.

But I just wanted to say, I tried a cinnamon cake in a cup recipe. So much fun! Like honestly, it was too quick, too easy, too yummy and it shouldn't be allowed. The only thing I found a bit annoying was the cook time. It varies between microwaves. Oh that's another thing. I got the biggest kick that it only took a minute and something. Like c'moooon. How am I not going to eat that every spare minute? :p

Chicken tacos look amazing! Were they as good as they seem?

Yes! They were awesome and the best part is that I could turn it into Taco soup for the next day. Score!

Ps. I can't handle trying those 'dessert in a cup' because I KNOW I would be eating them every ten minutes ^_^

Upvote 0
R

RayofSun

Yes! They were awesome and the best part is that I could turn it into Taco soup for the next day. Score!

Ps. I can't handle trying those 'dessert in a cup' because I KNOW I would be eating them every ten minutes ^_^

Nice! I'm a sucker for anything that goes into the slow cooker. For that matter, it doesn't even have to be a "slower cooker recipe" I make it all work, just chuck it in :p

Oh, don't even start. I'm a lost cause, but you still haven't been corrupted. Save yourself and you dare put that cake into the cup! don't do it! LOL

Upvote 0

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If anyone wants to make this for me, feel free. I'm not a good baker.

very-pinteresting-for-love-of-yellow.html
24980972903033257_FG4r6o6D_c.jpg

Lemonade Layer Cake

• Cake:
  • 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar $Click to see savings
  • 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
  • 3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs $Click to see savings
  • 2 large egg whites $Click to see savings
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour $Click to see savings
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 1/4 cups fat-free buttermilk
  • Cooking spray
  • Frosting:
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened $Click to see savings

$Click to see savings
  • 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind $Click to see savings

$Click to see savings
  • 2 teaspoons thawed lemonade concentrate $Click to see savings

$Click to see savings
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 8 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese $Click to see savings
  • 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. To prepare cake, place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes). Add eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; stir well with a whisk. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat well after each addition.
  3. Pour batter into 2 (9-inch) round cake pans coated with cooking spray; sharply tap pans once on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
  4. To prepare frosting, place 2 tablespoons butter and the next 4 ingredients (2 tablespoons butter through cream cheese) in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, and beat at low speed just until blended (do not overbeat). Chill 1 hour.
  5. Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Store cake loosely covered in the refrigerator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Socktastic

we have sinned in thought, word and deed
Jan 21, 2012
Somewhere.
✟18,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
But, there are so many I adore! Recipes copied directly from sites and referenced, because i'm lazy and would rather CTRL+C/CTRL+V than type it out.

60376451224251528_GP2u3CwG_f.jpg

You'll probably need:
3/4 cup dried chickpeas (1.5 cups when cooked) or 1 15-oz can chickpeas (plus 1 c reserved cooking liquid)
1-2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons to 1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon to 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
a couple dashes of salt
Ideas for garnishing (optional): olive oil, chickpeas, toasted pine nuts, parsley, paprika, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, mint, ground meat.

You'll probably have to:
If using dried chickpeas:
Soak chickpeas overnight in water in a large bowl.
Rinse chickpeas several times, or until the water runs clear. Place chickpeas in a large sauce pan with enough water to cover by at least an inch. Partially covered or uncovered (I have more success with uncovered), bring chickpeas to a boil and simmer for 1-1.5 hours. Drain the chickpeas, but reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
If using canned chickpeas:
Rinse the chickpeas several times. Place chickpeas in a large saucepan and boil for 15-20 minutes. Drain chickpeas, reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid and set aside.
In a food processor or blender, pulse the garlic, lemon juice, salt, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper, and tahini until blended. Add chickpeas by the handful, pulse until blended, repeat until you use the rest of the chickpeas. If the hummus is too thick, add some of the reserved cooking liquid at about a tablespoon at a time. Add more cayenne or red pepper flakes, to taste. Blend until smooth.
Store hummus in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.

I love hummus. I'll just share the one recipe, because I have too many on the board as it is.
Avocado Bravado

_150_1305315462.jpeg

Not sesame based.
You'll probably need:

• 2 cups carrot, grated
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 tbsp Pistachio, chopped ( optional)
  • 1/2 cup ghee
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cardamom powder
  • 1 tbsp broken cashews, toasted
You'll probably have to:
Heat a non stick pan, heat the ghee and then add the carrots, saute till the raw smell of the carrots is replaced by distinct aroma.
Then add both the milk and cook for another 10min or until the milk is almost absorbed.
Add sugar and cardamom and cook further till it all comes to a single mass.
Now garnish this with the pistachios if using and cashews and let the taste buds take over.

Chef In You

moong-dal-halwa55.jpg

Again, not sesame based.
You'll probably need:

• 1 cup - Split (Yellow) Moong dhal
  • 1/2 cup Ghee
  • 3/4 cups to 1 cup Sugar (as your sweet tooth demands)
  • 1/2 cup Milk (or water - I did something in the middle! Used Low fat milk! Its just little better than water)
  • Cashews/ raisins roasted in ghee for garnish.
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
  • few strands of Saffron
You'll probably have to:
Follow this recipe, just because i'm lazy.

IMG_0316.jpg
Vanilla Melon Soup
(for 4 servings) You need:

• 1 lb + 5 oz ripe Tuscan melon
  • 4 oz plain yogurt *
  • 1 vanilla pod
  • 2 Tbsp Muscat wine**
  • 6 fresh mint leaves
*I would avoid fat-free plain yogurt, or yogurt too tart in taste. Here in the US, the brand I like to use a lot for this dish is the Canadian brand, Liberty.
**Muscat wine is a dessert wine.
Steps :

• Peel the melon and remove the seeds. Cut it in big chunks.
  • Place them in a mixer, or blender and add the yogurt. Mix well.
  • Open the vanilla pod with a knife, and scrape out the seeds.
  • Add the vanilla seeds with the mint to the melon purée, and mix.
  • Add the Muscat wine and mix.
  • Place in the fridge for a few hours and serve very fresh.
I don't use wine though, I tend to add something somewhat similar to Sprite :sorry:
La Tartine Gourmande

hotchocolate4crop.jpg

Almond Milk Hot Chocolate with Chili
makes 2 cups
2 cups Almond milk (purchase, or soak almonds overnight, grind them with water in a blender and then squeeze out the milk)
4 squares Lindt excellence chili bar substitute with chocolate chips or cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch cayenne pepper

Place the almond milk and chocolate squares in a pan on low heat. Heat the almond milk whisking constantly, till the chocolate melts. Once the chocolate is completely incorporated in the almond milk. Turn off heat, whisk in vanilla and cayenne.
Veggie Belly

IMG_1872.jpg

Tender Coconut/Coconut Water/Coconut Juice/Elaneer and Lychee Pudding Recipe

serves about 6
1 cup + 1/4 cup milk
6 teaspoons quick set gelatin* (see note below)
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 cup tender coconut water/coconut juice/elaneer
3/4 cup tender coconut meat, chopped
3/4 cup canned lychees, strained (about 6 pieces), chopped
*I usually use agar agar to set desserts, but this time gelatin is all I had on hand. The gelatin I used was a quick set variety. Your pudding may set differently depending on what gelatin you use.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the 1/4 cup milk and the gelatin.
Warm 1/4 cup milk and dissolve gelatin in it. Add this to the bowl with all other ingredients. Stir everything well. Pour in individual serving dishes and refrigerate till the pudding sets; about 2 hours.

Veggie Belly

coco_curry2.jpg

Ingredients:
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated or minced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally into coins
½ teaspoon mustard seeds (optional)
1 medium or large sweet potato, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon tamari (or other good quality soy sauce)
1¼ teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon turmeric
Pinch cayenne (more if you want it spicy)
Sea salt, to taste
2½ cups water
2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 1 can, drained and rinsed)
1 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon organic cane sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)
Instructions:
1. In a stockpot or large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, and mustard seeds. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Stir in the sweet potatoes, potatoes, red pepper, tamari, curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and a good pinch of salt. Sauté together for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to medium-low and cover. Simmer until the root vegetables are tender, about 35 to 45 minutes.
4. Uncover and stir in the chickpeas, coconut milk, and sugar. Heat through while stirring for about 1 minute so that the sugar dissolves.
5. Turn heat off and stir in the lime juice. If needed, season to taste with a pinch more salt. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Makes: 5 servings
Vegan Eats

60376451224293374_ezHTkAnW_b.jpg

Fudgy Earl Grey Chocolate Cake
Tea leaves from 6 bags of Earl Grey tea, ground into a fine powder using a spice mill/coffee grinder
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 1/4 cups cake flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups (packed) brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 cups buttermilk
Lavender Ganache (recipe follows)
Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 9-inch cake pans with butter then line the bottoms of each pan with a circle of parchment paper. Set aside.
Place butter and tea powder into a small sauce pan over low heat. Cook for 10 minutes until the butter has melted and the tea flavors have infused into the butter, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
While the butter is cooling, place the cake flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk to combine evenly.
In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and buttermilk. Add buttermilk mixture and the cooled tea-infused butter to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Whisk or beat until just combined. The batter will be slightly lump and that is okay. Do not over work the batter or the cake will be tough and dense rather than light and fluffy.
Divide batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
Bake cakes at 325 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck into the center of the cake comes out clean with only a few crumbs but no batter.
Cool on a rack for at least one hour. To remove cakes from pans, run a knife around the edges of the pans to loosen then place a plate over each cake pan and invert onto the plate. Peel off parchment paper and discard.
Place one cake onto serving dish. Tuck strips of parchment paper under bottom edges of the cake to protect the serving dish from getting messy while frosting.
Evenly spread the ganache over top of the first cake. Place the second cake over the ganache bottom layer. Evenly spread cream cheese frosting over the top and sides of the cake. For best results, use an offset spatula. You may not use all of the frosting. Once frosted, carefully remove and discard the parchment paper lining the bottom of the cake.
The cake can be stored, covered, at room temperature for up to 12 hours before serving or refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.

Lavender Ganache
4 oz heavy cream
6 oz good semi-sweet chocolate, chopped in chunks (or chips)
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp lavender extract
Place chocolate and sugar in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
Heat cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour simmering cream over chocolate-sugar mixture. Let sit for 60 seconds then whisk until all chocolate is melted and the ganache is shiny and smooth. Add lavender extract and stir until incorporated. Let chill for 20 minutes, until thickened slightly, before using as a filling for cake.

http://www.whatwereeating.com/print/recipe/basic-cream-cheese-frosting

Basic Cream Cheese Frosting
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
16 oz powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer. Beat at medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.

What We're Eating

kulfi01.jpg
Pista Kulfi
Recipe from Indian Food Forever
Serves: 8
4 cups milk
8 teaspoons sugar or to taste
1/2 teaspoon ground green cardamom seeds (chotti elaichi)
1 tablespoon skinned pista (pistachios), thinly sliced
1 tablespoon skinned badam (almonds), finely ground (optional)
Put the milk into a wide, heavy pan and bring to boil over high heat, stiring constantly.
Now lower the heat and cook the milk, stirring constantly, until it has thickened and reduced to about 13/4th cups. (This will take about 40-45 minutes). Stir the sides of the pan constantly to avoid scalding.

Leave Room For Dessert

They're all delicious. Om nom nom nom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm in a strawberry mood today so I thought I'd post a few yummy strawberry snacks:

Strawberry Cheesecake:
124130533448876506_SyAv8i3A_b.jpg

Ingredients
For the crust:
1 and 1/4 cups (10 ounces) chocolate graham crackers
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
10 ounces frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, juices reserved
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
For the topping:
1/3 cup strawberry jelly
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced legnthwise

Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles:
70579919129699024_swWhig4z_b.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles (adapted from Bakers Royale)
makes 12 popsicles
2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
1/2 cup crushed Nilla wafers
2 cups plain whole milk yogurt
1/3 cup honey (more if desired)
12 6 oz. Dixie cups
wooden popsicle sticks
In a medium bowl, combine the crushed Nilla wafers, yogurt, and honey. Set out 12 6 oz. Dixie cups, and fill each one with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture. Set in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, puree the berries. Divide the berries among the 12 cups, and freeze for another 30 minutes.
Finally, divide the remaining yogurt mixture among the cups, add a popsicle stick to each one, and chill completely, several hours or more.
To serve, simply cut or tear the cup off.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Red Velvet Pancakes:
105130972520918401_unYIAn5Q_c.jpg

Red Velvet Pancakes with chocolate chips
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose [COLOR=#109DD0 !important][FONT='Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][COLOR=#109DD0 !important][FONT='Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flour[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1-1/2 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons red food coloring
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (doesn’t matter what kind you use)

Directions
Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, sour cream, food coloring and vanilla.

Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix just until combined.

Add chocolate chips and fold in batter.

Pour about 1/3 cup onto medium/high griddle and lightly brown on both sides.

Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and serve with maple syrup.
Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm hosting the office lunch today and this is what I made:

Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas

Ingredients
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided

Directions

Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.

Fill tortillas with bean mixture and cheese, bake in 350 oven for 15 minutes. Serve with sour cream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HeKnowsMyName

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 23, 2006
Jawja!
✟69,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I might try this for homecoming next week. It looks delicious.

Yummy in a Pan

sex-in-a-pan-1-of-1-2.jpg

Ingredients:

• Crust
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 3 tbsp white sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup flourCream cheese layer
  • 2 cups cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup whipping creamVanilla pudding
  • 1 package of instant vanilla pudding (5.1 oz or 144 g)
  • 3 cups milkChocolate Pudding
  • 1 package of instant chocolate pudding (5.1 oz or 144 g)
  • 3 cups milkLast layer
  • 2 cups whipping cream
  • shaved chocolate

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
  2. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. In a mixer mix all the crust ingredients together and press the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
  4. Bake it for about 20 minutes.
  5. Prepare the vanilla pudding as per the instructions on the package.
  6. Prepare the chocolate pudding as per the instructions on the package.
  7. In a mixer add the cream cheese, powdered sugar and the cup of whipping cream. Mix until light and fluffy.
  8. Let the crust cool. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust evenly. Spread the chocolate pudding over the bottom crust, then the vanilla pudding. Top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with the chocolate.
  9. Refrigerate for a couple hours so that it sets.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Chili's Salsa:

213850682275877458_Gpmw77k4_b.jpg
Chili's Copycat Salsa Recipe:
(Recipe from Deals to Meals)

2 cans (14.5 oz each) whole tomatoes, drained
1 small (4 oz) can diced or whole jalapenos (not pickled)--about 4-5 jalapenos (or less if you don't like a lot of spice)
1/4 c. yellow onion, cut into quarters (you can also use dried minced onion)
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt (depending on how much you prefer)
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. lime juice

Place all of the ingredients together into a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Serve with tortilla chips.

Upvote 0