florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Remember the little spider I told y'all about that set up housekeeping in my bathroom? And I drew his portrait?

Well, here's some actual photos of him:

Busy fixing his web . . .
oct3.jpg

Waiting . . .
oct2.jpg

Dinnertime!
ocky.jpg

^_^

I guess y'all think I have too much time on my hands. :D

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I have an announcement to make: Octavius has a girlfriend!! ^_^ There's another spider in his web! She's smaller so I figured it's a woman. He's been alone for weeks and I wondered about his social life. You know, spiders must have some kind of interaction. :blush:

I guess I'll have to name the newcomer. :D

They seem to get along just fine. Octavius looks overweight. I wonder if Octavius is the woman. :eek: She might be expecting! Oh what a happy occasion!

What am I saying!??

Upvote 0

Organist

Hammond A102
Nov 12, 2004
California
✟12,880.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
miggles said:
I have an announcement to make: Octavius has a girlfriend!! ^_^ There's another spider in his web! She's smaller so I figured it's a woman. He's been alone for weeks and I wondered about his social life. You know, spiders must have some kind of interaction. :blush:

I guess I'll have to name the newcomer. :D

They seem to get along just fine. Octavius looks overweight. I wonder if Octavius is the woman. :eek: She might be expecting! Oh what a happy occasion!

What am I saying!??

You seriously need a regular pet, such as a goldfish. :eek:

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
SerenityBlue said:
You seriously need a regular pet, such as a goldfish. :eek:

Well, there's something to be said for a pet you don't have to feed and take to the vet. :D

There was a snake that took up residency in my pond once. He was non-poisonous and he was soooooo sweet! I named him Marty. He had a personality and a sense of humor. He liked to sleep on top of the lily pads or on a rock protruding out of the pond. So I built him a bridge and he slept on that. He was sweet enough to show his appreciation. One day he was on the ground by the pond while I was sprucing up around the pond and I accidentally stepped on him. I didn't know he was there. Luckily I was barefooted so it didn't hurt him. And he didn't get upset because he seemed to know it was a mistake.

He lived in my pond for years. Eventually, he went to be with the Good Lord. :cry:

Here's a pic of Marty on the bridge showing his sense of humor:
marty1.jpg

That frog statue was one of his favorite things to sleep on. :)

Upvote 0

MotherOfPromise

Jan 8, 2005
The South
✟26,336.00
Faith
Baptist
Politics
US-Republican
Glad you know your spiders.
Tonight I was in WalMart talking to a friend who works there. He was telling my daughter and I about happening upon a cute little bird eating from a broken bag of bird seed. Another cashier chimed in that she had seen two of them enjoying a meal.
I guess that someone is taking care of the birdies at our store. Sam Walton would be proud.
Ann

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.