Physicalism

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Says the person who has misrepresented scientific paper after scientific paper. Shall we go over the MA experiment again?
sure, maybe this time around you will not "forget" to answer the questions i asked of you.
Shall I cite those post-1953 published papers that McClintock wrote?
what you say and what barbaras biographer has to say are in conflict.
not surprising though, there are a host of conflicting things about evolution.

i will not respond to anymore of this stuff in this thread, if you have something to say along the above lines, then take it to the respective thread.

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
about the OPs "dilemma":
the answer to this is really simple.
the author posed an unanswerable question.
how is it unanswerable?
we have no comparison, that's how.
there is not now, or ever has been, one single person anywhere that has ever possessed "all physical knowledge".
because of that fact, this dilemma will never be answered.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
sure, maybe this time around you will not "forget" to answer the questions i asked of you.

Ask away.

what you say and what barbaras biographer has to say are in conflict.

I haven't seen McClintock's biographer post on here, so the only conflict thus far is between what you say and what McClintock's CV says.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
about the OPs "dilemma":
the answer to this is really simple.
the author posed an unanswerable question.
how is it unanswerable?
we have no comparison, that's how.
there is not now, or ever has been, one single person anywhere that has ever possessed "all physical knowledge".
because of that fact, this dilemma will never be answered.

That's why science relies on all the physical knowledge that we have. The choices are between tentative but well supported ideas and absolute proof. As you have discussed, absolute proof is beyond our reach. However, the scientific method is within our reach, and as sfs points out (and with which I wholeheartedly agree), it is also very useful.

If Zosimus thinks the scientific method shouldn't be used, then that is a choice that Zosimus can make. The vast majority of the rest of the world will continue to use the scientific method because of its track record.

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
As you have discussed, absolute proof is beyond our reach.
i didn't mean it quit like that.
i meant it more along the lines of none of us has the same knowledge as mary.
for example, mary would know the laws of the transdimensional, and we are in no position to question her on this because she doesn't exist.
the OP is basically asking for our opinion, he hasn't provided a logical problem at all.

Upvote 0