1. New: Christian Forums Staff Recruit Video.- It's that time of year again. We are having our annual Staff Recruit Drive. Simply ask any staffer to help you apply and enjoy the video...
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Physical Therapy

Discussion in 'Chronic Pain & Arthritis' started by Lindseyk, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Lindseyk

Lindseyk It gets better.

Marital Status:
    In Relationship
    Politics:
    US-Republican
    Faith:
    Methodist
    So i had my first day of physical therapy yesterday for my migranes.

Let me just say, im more sore and in pain than i was going in!

is anyone else in physical therapy for somthing?

2. hermanchauw

hermanchauw Regular Member

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Protestant
    What treatment did you get?

3. jada

jada Member

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    Yeah, I am in physical therapy to relieve hip, back and pelvis pain.
    The first therapist I went to was just horrible. I left with a bad impression of all PT's and also hurt worse when I left than when I arrived.

However, my pain doctor was very insistent that I go see a special PT that she directly recommended. Now, after working with this second PT, I am making great strides. It's a long process, but the PT has been the best at lessening pain/resolving some of the causes of pain. I was also asked to go to see a pool therapist, who was able to offer pool techniques to relieve pain too.

Moral of the story, not all PT's are alike, even in the same category of practice. So if you don't get the results you need, or feel like it's not helping, get a second opinion or see a different one. It worked for me. :wave:

4. Alton

Alton Newbie

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Word-of-Faith
    Hello guys,...
    I read out all the posts about chronic pain.Physical therapy is the best for
    good health and fitness.Doctors often recommend physical therapy for kids who have been injured or have movement problems from an illness, disease, or disability

5. drjean

drjean Senior Veteran Supporter CF Ambassador Angels Team

Marital Status:
    Private
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    I was in a disabling industrial accident over 25 years ago... and was in PT twice a day every day for months... but then, I could barely walk or talk... I could, just not well.

Now I only go to PT 3x a week (yeah, I know after 25 years but still...) I can't live decently without it! (My PT had to learn that he can't cure everyone...I was his first patient in that respect.)

I have one of the best though... he travels the country giving seminars to educate other PTs for their CEU stuff and all. His staff also knows how to handle insurance companies and lawyers ... which can be a hindrance to care. Finding a real clinic or doctor/PT is imperative...too many are ruled by insurance companies and they whisk you out the door without good treatment, imo.

:hug: