• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Physical Therapy

jada

Dec 22, 2006
✟7,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I am in physical therapy to relieve hip, back and pelvis pain.
The first therapist I went to was just horrible. I left with a bad impression of all PT's and also hurt worse when I left than when I arrived.

However, my pain doctor was very insistent that I go see a special PT that she directly recommended. Now, after working with this second PT, I am making great strides. It's a long process, but the PT has been the best at lessening pain/resolving some of the causes of pain. I was also asked to go to see a pool therapist, who was able to offer pool techniques to relieve pain too.

Moral of the story, not all PT's are alike, even in the same category of practice. So if you don't get the results you need, or feel like it's not helping, get a second opinion or see a different one. It worked for me. :wave:

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was in a disabling industrial accident over 25 years ago... and was in PT twice a day every day for months... but then, I could barely walk or talk... I could, just not well.

Now I only go to PT 3x a week (yeah, I know after 25 years but still...) I can't live decently without it! (My PT had to learn that he can't cure everyone...I was his first patient in that respect.)

I have one of the best though... he travels the country giving seminars to educate other PTs for their CEU stuff and all. His staff also knows how to handle insurance companies and lawyers ... which can be a hindrance to care. Finding a real clinic or doctor/PT is imperative...too many are ruled by insurance companies and they whisk you out the door without good treatment, imo.

:hug:

Upvote 0